Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 100m Sprint after LL  (Read 903 times)

Singapore

100m Sprint after LL
« on: July 22, 2021, 04:57:07 PM »

Hi guys,

I would like to open this topic for those who have done LL to update on their athletic ability post surgery so everyone could have a better idea of what to expect.

I did approximately 7cm, and it has been 2 years now. I am progressively back to play sports now. It is still quite difficult, I am no where near 100% of my old self. The new legs still struggle to carry my body the way it used to.

I am testing myself through a variety of test, and sprinting is one of those.

100m sprinting record: my best record for now is 18s which is pretty pathetic I think because I am in a fairly good shape with relatively low % of body fat :(( I think I was able to hit between 12s-13s when I was in secondary school. I regret that I did not do this test right before LL)

So for those of you who have not done LL, you should test your ability, then make a comparison post surgery to see how much you have recovered.

I dont know if I would ever be back to my old self, but I am training hard for it. I only started to get back in training recently, and I hope that the result will keep getting better.

Want-3-inches

Re: 100m Sprint after LL
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 06:05:25 PM »

I think you should not worry too much about this until you get your rods out.

Singapore

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 06:13:57 PM »

I think you should not worry too much about this until you get your rods out.

I am not planning to get it out any time soon to be honest. What is the difference of having it inside?

Want-3-inches

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 06:19:01 PM »

It is recommended to have them removed because the long term risks of the rare earth magnet are unknown.

And many report feeling more light and agile after removing them. This could improve your 100m speed.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 06:40:15 PM »

Okay and what’s your current weight and physically are you healthy? Were  you atheistic prior to the surgery? Do you go sprinting on a daily or why does your previous sprint speed matter?

Even if it’s for someone who plays sports 2 years is still pretty fresh post a normal fracture talk less of LL.

There are a lot of factors that goes into recovery beyond what you previously were capable of doing. Because every single circumstance has changed not just your legs getting longer. You could have gained or lost weight which could make a difference.

Let’ say you ran occasionally prior to recording your time, of course you’ll be significantly faster than you attempting to match the same speed following a major surgery.
Meh.

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 07:49:29 PM »

you still dont understand. you will never be 100%. you messed up your leg apparatus with this surgery.
you traded some more height for athletics. the long term consequences are unkown.
deal with it and stop crying. you made your decision.

Tartar

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 08:09:41 PM »

Without an hard training I don’t think is nowhere possible to even get close to the original abilities. 2yrs is still pretty early but it’s the right moment to try to push more. This surgery is devastating you have to learn everything again and without hard activities you can’t expect nothing better than your slow run, muscles are just messed up after lengthening and they require an high intensity work out.

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 09:44:16 PM »

You will never be 100% as before,probably not even 90%.
Only a fool thinks that he will be as functional as before LL, especially after 7cm.

Personally I don't run nowhere as fast as before and my balance is a bit off and generally I am nowhere as capable as before in athletic performance that have to do witth feet.
But I really don't care as lomg as I am taller I walk normally, I can walk quite big distances and I dom't have any major pains.
Being taller is much more important for me than being good in sports as I was never a professional athlete nor I wanted to become.

AimHigh

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 01:43:16 AM »

Yeah, this is serious surgery with life long deteriation in leg strength, discomfort/pain levels and flexibility - now I struggle to pick up any weight unassisted from a full squat (or as close to a full squat as i can get now).  I now have to hold onto the stair rail whilst walking down/up stairs two steps at a time - b4 CLL I could jump the last 4 steps down easily, and could take 3 at a time upwards.
It has been 2.5 years since my 8cm CLL LFem. and 5 years since RFem CLL 5.3 cm.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

ppericc

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 04:45:09 PM »

Yeah, this is serious surgery with life long deteriation in leg strength, discomfort/pain levels and flexibility - now I struggle to pick up any weight unassisted from a full squat (or as close to a full squat as i can get now).  I now have to hold onto the stair rail whilst walking down/up stairs two steps at a time - b4 CLL I could jump the last 4 steps down easily, and could take 3 at a time upwards.
It has been 2.5 years since my 8cm CLL LFem. and 5 years since RFem CLL 5.3 cm.

Even 2.5 years later you can't do weighted full squat, can you atleast squat an empty barbell? As someone who likes to workout this is concerning and makes me very doubtful to do this surgery or not.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 07:03:52 PM »

Even 2.5 years later you can't do weighted full squat, can you atleast squat an empty barbell? As someone who likes to workout this is concerning and makes me very doubtful to do this surgery or not.

Dont lengthen more than 5-6cm on femur, or 3-4 on tibias. Don’t play with fire and do anything stupid/greedy like most dumbasses here will suggest.

Seriously this is the most intense, bordering insane surgery you can ever do. Please take care of your physical body and listen to it. Most people under 5cm femur have recovered 100%. With every cm after that you drop 10-20% PER cm. At 8cm expect to lose at least 30% function lmao. That’s what most diaries suggest.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

MakeMeTallAF

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 07:53:01 PM »

Dont lengthen more than 5-6cm on femur, or 3-4 on tibias. Don’t play with fire and do anything stupid/greedy like most dumbasses here will suggest.

Seriously this is the most intense, bordering insane surgery you can ever do. Please take care of your physical body and listen to it. Most people under 5cm femur have recovered 100%. With every cm after that you drop 10-20% PER cm. At 8cm expect to lose at least 30% function lmao. That’s what most diaries suggest.

Can you link diaries from those who have done 5 cm femurs? Most I see are 7-8 cm. I wanna see how different the recovery is for 5 cm

Body Builder

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 09:20:29 PM »

Thats not a normal result.
I can do squats with heavy workouts and generally work out very hard. I can't run fast as I said or jump high and all these things but still my legs are strong and I can do anything and of course lift heacy weights.
And I did 7,5cm on tibias which is considered too much for that segment.

Body Builder

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2021, 09:25:44 PM »

That is not true.
I lengthened twice from what you said, my first doctor messed my tendons with atl and I did another fix surgery, I had another surgery on my right tibia to fix a misalignment and after all these bs I am still way more than 70%. I am at least 82-85% and I feel very good and strong.
So no, saying that only 3-4 cm are safe for tibias otherwise tou'll be max 70% is a joke. After all, for 3cm it is plain stupidity for someone to do something so massive and expensive as LL.
Most people can do 6cm on tibias and 7 on femurs without losing much athletic abilities if they go to respectable doctors and have a bit of luck which is always needed with LL.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2021, 10:02:35 PM »

It seems that 95% of people return to normal life after 5cm and 90% after 8cm.  Depends on doctor, method, pre existing status with muscles, etc. 

For femurs that is.  Dunno about tibiae

TinyTL

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2021, 10:35:11 PM »

I did close to 6cm femurs.
as mentioned above, 5 cm is ideal for femurs. For tibs it should be less if you want to recover athletic ability.

This surgery is dangerous. I recently removed nails and have yet to sprint 100m. But I believe my current recovery is around 85%, and i feel completely normal. no minor or major pain. I can jump pretty high and strength is amazing.

with that said, best to avoid this surgery altogether if possible. But if you cant get over the neurosis and its been bothering and depressing you for long time maybe its better to get it done.
But stay conservative and don't listen to what people write. Only believe in videos of people sprinting.
Apotheosis lengthened 21cm and claims he is athletic, playing sports and back to normal. But nobody has ever seen a video of him doing anything other than walking awkwardly.

There was a guy who sprinted in sand of beaches. he posted video here after LL. Cant remember his name, him and oldiebutgoldie are the only ones I can certify has reached pre-LL athleticism.

AimHigh

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 01:32:36 AM »

I was never that into squatting as I had a herniated L5/S1 and eventually had a spinal fusion. I could BP around 210 lbs, but only squat 100 lbs - but after CLL I was really struggling to squat using an unweighted straight bar, but some of this is because my thigh is so long now and my Tib/Fem ratio is far from normal @ ~ 0.7.
In last few months I have purchased a Trapezoidal bar which allows better balance control and less stress on spine too, I am currently "Squatting" (really deadlifting) about 50 lbs for 4 sets of 15 reps.
Since CLL I know I have lost strength in my thighs, I am naturally a slim guy (68 kg atm) my thighs are about the same diameter (50cm) as before cll, but I would say I have gained back 1.5 inches in last 2 years.
I am finding my knees are also a limiting factor - since CLL (both rods were inserted distally i.e through knees joints) both knees (esp right) have become quite sore, noisy and gritty (allmost as if they are not lubricated) - I am not sure if this is partly due to them being at different heights as I have to squat more wide legged now to compensate for my 2.7 cm LLD (Limb length Discrepency)
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

Growing

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2021, 02:27:31 AM »

I am not planning to get it out any time soon to be honest. What is the difference of having it inside?

This is probably a dumb question. But why do you still have rods in your legs 2 years later? I’m not aware of the process of all the different procedures so I’m genuinely asking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up