Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gym in extension period  (Read 531 times)

Ozzi6557

Gym in extension period
« on: July 26, 2021, 09:01:29 AM »

Is it possible to work out in the gym seriously during the extension period?  I am of course only talking about the upper body not the legs.

SirStretchAlot

Re: Gym in extension period
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 09:25:31 AM »

Is it possible to work out in the gym seriously during the extension period?  I am of course only talking about the upper body not the legs.

Of course. I do it 3 times a week, and am about to do it now. Replacing discs is probably the most difficult task. I'm on a weight-bearing nail.

Now if you're on walkers/wheelchair it will be slightly more difficult, but I've seen people do that as well.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

Ozzi6557

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 10:39:34 AM »

thank you for the answer 🙏

Worzezterlire

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 02:58:55 PM »

Probably possible, upper body only and only while seated or laying down.  Assuming precise 2.2 or non weight bearing.  Weight bearing you still won’t want to do squats etc at risk of bending the nail.  Regardless I wouldn’t do any standing exercises while lengthening.  Nails breaking is basically the biggest catastrophic failure, you will have to pay for a new nail and surgery, which will REALLY fk you up.

That said you will be burning a lot of everything: fat, muscle, etc while you lengthen as your body spends a lot of calories healing.  Your body will be constantly healing.  Working out hard while you also do that is probably a bad idea.  You do not need the extra stress or muscle building in the upper body while your lower body is under the biggest possible stress there is.  But a light workout just to keep the motions up for a few months… still not great but probably fine.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 05:23:08 PM »

Chances are you probably won’t. I don’t know what method you’re going for but “working out “ I’m sure is a task you’re not going to give a Phuck for when you’re in pain constantly. Assuming (LON). The rest I cannot speak for.
Meh.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 05:42:33 PM »

In my opinion this is a really f*cking stupid, reckless thing to do, especially during lengthening. 80% of exercises require you planting your feet and channeling strengthen up through your body, through your legs. Furthermore your energy is at 10-40% during lengthening.

Do not put more pressure than your bodyweight on your f*cking surgical wounds or on broken bones. Do you want a deformity? This is a good way to get deformities. Holy sh*t, I swear the majority of people who do CLL have single digit IQs.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 05:46:52 PM »

Possible but you should just take it easy.  Your body is being pushed extremely hard already.
Pages: [1]   Go Up