Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transporation: Visiting the doctor in Mumbai  (Read 248 times)

Want-3-inches

Transporation: Visiting the doctor in Mumbai
« on: July 28, 2021, 02:10:57 PM »

What is a good way to visit the doctor in Mumbai from your hotel with 2 broken legs? Calling an Uber would be unreliable.

Any suggestions? Is it possible to use an ambulance service?

I am considering Dr Mangal Parihar.

ab608

Re: Transporation: Visiting the doctor in Mumbai
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 04:43:25 PM »

Maybe you could ask the hotel concierge to connect you with a driver to take you to the appointment and back. The concierge could make sure the driver knows where he/she is going.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 05:59:54 PM »

If you stay in a hotel the front desk will just flag down an auto rickshaw if you're close. For longer distances they'll arrange a cab.

Just one of many reasons staying at a hotel while lengthening is better than doing an airbnb.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Want-3-inches

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 07:49:46 PM »

Maybe you could ask the hotel concierge to connect you with a driver to take you to the appointment and back. The concierge could make sure the driver knows where he/she is going.

Good idea. I could ask them to make the driver wait for me until I am done with my appointment.

If you stay in a hotel the front desk will just flag down an auto rickshaw if you're close. For longer distances they'll arrange a cab.

Just one of many reasons staying at a hotel while lengthening is better than doing an airbnb.

How would you go back to the hotel? And an auto rickshaw seems very hard to get into and get out of and it won't even hold a wheelchair. So the guy would stop in front of the hospital gate and what would one do after that? You were on externals which were weight bearing so you could minimally walk. But for a Precice patient, they would need a wheelchair right after getting out of the auto rickshaw.

Did the hospital offer an ambulance service?
Pages: [1]   Go Up