Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What causes mobility issues  (Read 231 times)

tacoma94

What causes mobility issues
« on: July 28, 2021, 11:07:12 AM »

Hi,

I've looked at a lot of diaries on this platform, and I wanted to ask a question about mobility, to understand it better and maybe how to improve it if I go through this process.

Referring to stryde here

I see that after surgery, and throughout lengthening, many patients seem to have serious trouble with mobility. They may walk slowly, or stepping on the floor may lead to massive shock of pain, and even slowed movement persists for months.

While post surgery, I understand the incision + bone breaking = inflammation, muscle damage, bone damage = pain and slowed movement, I am confused why people still struggle to move well after lengthening begins. Even if there is no tightness experienced, say up to 1cm, it seems to be a trouble for people to move as they did before. Is it still bone pain, muscle pain causing this? Because I expect internal fixation to keep the bone immobile, and muscles should have recovered somewhat by a 2 week mark right? What causes this prolonged weakness.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: What causes mobility issues
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 03:56:25 PM »

Everything else is stretching too.  In fact, the bone lengthening is completely painless as there are no nerves in there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up