Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions for people who did consultation or surgery with Giotikas or Parihar  (Read 530 times)

SpeedDialer

Covid spikes in India are a bit scary

Probably Giotikas. But I'm worried prices will come up if I wait too long. And I'm worried that USD will weaken compared to the Euro the next year or two. I don't want to do LL surgery until Fall of 2022, but I wonder how early I should do an online consultation to book a time

Hoping to get my third covid shot (booster) before flying to Athens, Greece, hopefully the USA allows this eventually for young healthy people

And I wonder how early to do an in person consultation.

1. Is there any benefit to doing an online consultation with Parihar or Giotikas?

2. You still have to do an in person consultation anyway after too, no? Seems like online consultation is a waste of money if you for sure want to do LL?

3. What would you recommend I do based on the timeline above? I have the money, about 155k$ total now and will only be able to add a few more thousand dollars to that at most by then. I'm trying to do internal femur and tibia stryde with both. I will be busy until Fall 2022 though and won't be able to do LL until then

4. If you were doing the free introductory consultation here with Giotikas, what would you spend the time on assuming you were 99% sure you wanted to go with him?
https://www.athensbjr.com/book-an-appointment/

5. What steps might you take in the timeline before Fall of 2022 if you were me?

overandover

Covid spikes in India are a bit scary

Probably Giotikas. But I'm worried prices will come up if I wait too long. And I'm worried that USD will weaken compared to the Euro the next year or two. I don't want to do LL surgery until Fall of 2022, but I wonder how early I should do an online consultation to book a time

Hoping to get my third covid shot (booster) before flying to Athens, Greece, hopefully the USA allows this eventually for young healthy people

And I wonder how early to do an in person consultation.

1. Is there any benefit to doing an online consultation with Parihar or Giotikas?

2. You still have to do an in person consultation anyway after too, no? Seems like online consultation is a waste of money if you for sure want to do LL?

3. What would you recommend I do based on the timeline above? I have the money, about 155k$ total now and will only be able to add a few more thousand dollars to that at most by then. I'm trying to do internal femur and tibia stryde with both. I will be busy until Fall 2022 though and won't be able to do LL until then

4. If you were doing the free introductory consultation here with Giotikas, what would you spend the time on assuming you were 99% sure you wanted to go with him?
https://www.athensbjr.com/book-an-appointment/

5. What steps might you take in the timeline before Fall of 2022 if you were me?

I did online consultation with both giotikas and parihar. I'd recommend do consultation 2 months before surgery to prepare for things like visa and stuff. Most of the questions you might have already answered on this forum.

Want-3-inches

I'd recommend do consultation 2 months before surgery to prepare for things like visa and stuff. Most of the questions you might have already answered on this forum.

No, don't read everything from the forum. Go consult with a doctor early on and you will naturally become more serious about the surgery and will generally start feeling reassured as well. You will go through difficult times during LL and you have trust your doctor 100%. So it's important to start building that trust early on.

Also SpeedDialer has been asking very specific questions to his situation so it's better he forms a concrete plan by talking to surgeons.

overandover

No, don't read everything from the forum. Go consult with a doctor early on and you will naturally become more serious about the surgery and will generally start feeling reassured as well. You will go through difficult times during LL and you have trust your doctor 100%. So it's important to start building that trust early on.

Also SpeedDialer has been asking very specific questions to his situation so it's better he forms a concrete plan by talking to surgeons.

In my personal experience, I don't think I gained anything from the consultations. I'll do a 2nd consultation with Dr. Giotikas next month in order to get the letter so that I can apply for the visa.

Want-3-inches

In my personal experience, I don't think I gained anything from the consultations. I'll do a 2nd consultation with Dr. Giotikas next month in order to get the letter so that I can apply for the visa.

Isn't 90 days enough to get this done?

Shatter. Gee. 11

Covid in India isn't scary. All hyped up by the media in my opinion. I am yet to see one single death. Situation in Delhi at one point although was scary af. Now even Delhi is quite safe. If that is what concerns you, don't need to worry about that I would say
Height now 166 cm
Desired Height 177 cm

Plan- LON tibia 6 cm, LON femur 5 cm

SpeedDialer

Thank you! So you need to do an in person consultation with Giotikas right before any time you go to the Greece in order to get a visa? That is the only way to get the visa?

eric.cartman

Giotikas does 95% of his consultations via skype. No need to meet him in-person. I didn't need a visa, but you can everything arranged virtually and via e-mail.

SpeedDialer

"Giotikas does 95% of his consultations via skype. No need to meet him in-person. I didn't need a visa, but you can everything arranged virtually and via e-mail."

ty!!! How does he screen people for who aren't medically fit though, I'm curious?

Ex: what if a person thought he was fine, did a skype consultation, did a surgery next and then Giotikas decides the doctor should not do it for some physical reason?

what can you do for the physical/pre-surgery checkup? See a nearby primary care doctor in USA have them send the result to Dr. Giotikas?

Arcon

"Giotikas does 95% of his consultations via skype. No need to meet him in-person. I didn't need a visa, but you can everything arranged virtually and via e-mail."

ty!!! How does he screen people for who aren't medically fit though, I'm curious?

Ex: what if a person thought he was fine, did a skype consultation, did a surgery next and then Giotikas decides the doctor should not do it for some physical reason?

what can you do for the physical/pre-surgery checkup? See a nearby primary care doctor in USA have them send the result to Dr. Giotikas?

Have you seen this? https://www.athensbjr.com/assessment-and-planning/ "....At the end of the consultation Dr Giotikas may request x-rays, a CT scan or other tests, if they are deemed appropriate for decision making and planning of your treatment. Some of these scans or tests may need to be done and sent to us prior to your arrival to Athens or some others may be done in Athens upon your arrival..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up