Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Mahboubian 5.6 Inches Patient  (Read 627 times)

Gman23

Dr Mahboubian 5.6 Inches Patient
« on: August 03, 2021, 07:35:23 PM »

Dr Mahboubian had posted on his Instagram about a patient who had done 2 surgeries to gain 5.6 inches apparently. I was wondering if anyone knew the diary of that patient or their opinion on gaining 5.6 inches ...

I thought 5inches was the max let alone 5.6 inches.

Description said the patient did femurs first and then 3-4 weeks after did tibia.

Instagram username: heightlengthening

Any feed back appreciated
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Worzezterlire

Re: Dr Mahboubian 5.6 Inches Patient
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 06:26:09 AM »

Dr Debiparshad I believe also allows something like 5.6 inches.  You can even get more in theory, with Paley you can get 6.3 inches if you do 4+4, wait a year, rebreak, and then do 4+4 again.  5.6 inches is way above what most people do but well within the theoretical limit.  With 5.6 inches that usually means the full 3 inches in the femur and 6.5cm in tibias (which is the 2.6 inches).  Paley likes to stop tibias at 5cm if there are no rebreaks, I believe Dr M and Dr D allow up to 6.5 as long as you keep ROM.  Dr D I know in particular really cares about final ROM and I suspect that with him 5.6 is only a theoretical limit except for all but the most flexible candidates.  But he does advertise allowing that much quadrilaterally.

I’ve heard some people on here say that Dr M encourages people to get to the max.  It’s anecdotal, but everyone I’ve met that didn’t totally max out has said they wish they had, though.  I’ve never talked to a patient before (and I’ve talked to 10+) who said they wish they did less in one segment.  Of the ones that stopped at 6cm or 7cm, all of them said they wish they had gone all the way to 8cm in their femurs.  The pain from lengthening basically disappears a week or two after stopping and that’s when they realize that they could have stuck it out longer.

Gman23

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 10:35:59 PM »

Dr Debiparshad I believe also allows something like 5.6 inches.  You can even get more in theory, with Paley you can get 6.3 inches if you do 4+4, wait a year, rebreak, and then do 4+4 again.  5.6 inches is way above what most people do but well within the theoretical limit.  With 5.6 inches that usually means the full 3 inches in the femur and 6.5cm in tibias (which is the 2.6 inches).  Paley likes to stop tibias at 5cm if there are no rebreaks, I believe Dr M and Dr D allow up to 6.5 as long as you keep ROM.  Dr D I know in particular really cares about final ROM and I suspect that with him 5.6 is only a theoretical limit except for all but the most flexible candidates.  But he does advertise allowing that much quadrilaterally.

I’ve heard some people on here say that Dr M encourages people to get to the max.  It’s anecdotal, but everyone I’ve met that didn’t totally max out has said they wish they had, though.  I’ve never talked to a patient before (and I’ve talked to 10+) who said they wish they did less in one segment.  Of the ones that stopped at 6cm or 7cm, all of them said they wish they had gone all the way to 8cm in their femurs.  The pain from lengthening basically disappears a week or two after stopping and that’s when they realize that they could have stuck it out longer.

Wow I read the whole paragraph thanks for the feedback,

Do you think the patients who did 2 surgeries to gain 5.6 inches or more as you said, are able to walk normally now?

5.6 inches is a whole next level gain...

Most people only end up doing 3inches max.

There’s rarely any 2 surgery diaries on here...

And I still cannot completely believe that people are able to live normally after doing 2 surgeries.

I mean obviously if your job is in an office and you don’t have to stand for long hours you might be fine with it but for someone who stands for long hours what’d you think ?
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Sambollio

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 08:03:27 PM »

I don’t know if this post is assuming you are doing the lengthening back to back. But I  think if you are young and wait at least a year, but more like two, to do the second segment it’s not that extreme. But 5.6 of continuous lengthening sounds absurd to me. I’d speculate that if you can get back 90% athleticism with an 8cm femur lengthening then a 5.6 inch quadrilateral lengthening would maybe leave you at half your original ability, assuming no year of recovery.

Thorfinnn

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 12:08:46 AM »

Doing multiple surgeries only 3-4 weeks apart sounds like torture and less likely the patient will get the max cm they want. A 1-2 year gap is 100x better for gaining max length
Pages: [1]   Go Up