Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my ll preparation for india  (Read 436 times)

nice weather

• Visitor
my ll preparation for india
« on: August 07, 2021, 08:37:40 AM »

hi folks,

i am working towards getting this done in india around december

here is my plan:

- book the surgery 6 weeks in advance, pay the full amount before leaving
- get vaccinations for malaria and flu. i have had 2 pfizer shots for covid so i feel i should be alright about covid.
- reach mumbaione month before surgery, visit all the hotels and airbnbs i have shortlisted, and select the one i like, book it for 4 months and start staying there. i may need to do an international bank transfer to the hotel after i reach or pay them with my credit card.
- buy groceries for 4 months
- find a cab driver to take me around to the hospital and pt. if it's a hotel i stay at, then ask the hotel to provide me this
- buy a wheelchair, a walker, some supplements, otc medications, bathroom stuff
- for water, if it's a hotel ask them to supply 3 bottles every day, if not, get a water purifier installed
- keep some cash around me at all times for emergencies
- keep 2 phones and a laptop for ordering stuff, entertainment, calling family, calling the doctor's office and so forth
- install zomato for food delivery whenever i need it

how does that sound? please let me know if i've missed something important. it is quite surreal to realise i am making real plans for this and i feel scared about the kind of surprises i will be met with.

overandover

Re: my ll preparation for india
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 08:51:01 AM »

hi folks,

i am working towards getting this done in india around december

here is my plan:

- book the surgery 6 weeks in advance, pay the full amount before leaving
- get vaccinations for malaria and flu. i have had 2 pfizer shots for covid so i feel i should be alright about covid.
- reach mumbaione month before surgery, visit all the hotels and airbnbs i have shortlisted, and select the one i like, book it for 4 months and start staying there. i may need to do an international bank transfer to the hotel after i reach or pay them with my credit card.
- find a cab driver to take me around to the hospital and pt. if it's a hotel i stay at, then ask the hotel to provide me this
- buy a wheelchair, a walker, some supplements, otc medications, bathroom stuff
- for water, if it's a hotel ask them to supply 3 bottles every day, if not, get a water purifier installed
- keep some cash around me at all times for emergencies
- keep 2 phones and a laptop for ordering stuff, entertainment, calling family, calling the doctor's office and so forth

how does that sound? please let me know if i've missed something important. it is quite surreal to realise i am making real plans for this and i feel scared about the kind of surprises i will be met with.

You don't have to. You can order online whenever you need. Maybe buy just for 1 month.

sometimes Swiggy has better offers you also install that

- Walking in Swimming helps in recovery. Ask your doc to find a place for you for this.

overandover

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 08:51:39 AM »

You don't have to. You can order online whenever you need. Maybe buy just for 1 month.

sometimes Swiggy has better offers you also install that

- Walking in Swimming helps in recovery. Ask your doc to find a place for you for this.

Also maybe buy some protein and calcium supplements.

nice weather

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 12:59:30 PM »

thanks for the advice. hope everything works out as planned.

i hope i have not forgotten anything important. after all what all does an ller need? food, water, medications, being able to travel to the doctor, access to money, wheelchair/walker/crutches for mobility, something to pick up stuff from the floor, a nice mattress and pillow to sleep on, mobile phone to call close ones, laptop / tv for entertainment, that should do?

Jimmy Jlo

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 07:11:09 AM »

Which doctor are you going for in india?
Pages: [1]   Go Up