Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cost of Precise 2 vs Stryde when factoring in greater recovery time/  (Read 1114 times)

SpeedDialer

August 17 2021:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=giotikas+price

Femoral lengthening with PRECISE-2 nails: 40310 Euro

Femoral lengthening with STRYDE*  nails: 47445 Euro
​​

Tibia lengthening with PRECISE-2 nails: 42400 Euro

Tibia lengthening with STRYDE* nails: 48535 Euro

Four segment lengthening in two stages. The second stage is scheduled at least two weeks after the first stage.

Femurs and tibias with STRYDE nails: 93045 Euro

Femurs and tibias with PRECISE-2 nails: 78910 Euro

What I'm wondering is this. How much do you really save going with Precise 2 instead of Stryde? Precise 2 is cheaper but Stryde you recover faster? Say you are doing this with Guichet in Athens, Greece

SpeedDialer

Re: Cost of Precise 2 vs Stryde when factoring in greater recovery time/
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 09:32:02 PM »

I plan to do all internals with Giotikas in Greece for Tibia and femur

ryand2021

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 08:00:06 AM »

1. Precise will require stronger blood thinner (although some stryde patients will also need it due to blood clots), which could be expensive if you don't have good insurance.
2. If you're doing this alone you may need additional caregiving service, which could also be expensive. If your family member has to be absent from work to take care of you, there is a loss of income & additional travel & living expenses (especially if your family has to travel internationally to be with you).
3. Your walking recovery will be 2-3 months behind that of Stryde. If your job requires in-person physical activities, there will be a loss of income of additional 2-3 months (unless you have paid absence under certain circumstances).

Therefore, Precise does not save as much as expected, although it largely depends on individual circumstances. In fact, it may cost more if a prolonged daycare is used.
LL: March 2021; Femur Precice 2 with Paley
Before: 170cm; After: 178cm.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 03:01:23 PM »

ty ryand2021!!!!

"1. Precise will require stronger blood thinner (although some stryde patients will also need it due to blood clots), which could be expensive if you don't have good insurance."

a. Oh.... how much does it usually cost? I won't have insurance in Greece with Giotikas, I'm from USA

b. What are your thoughts overall on precise 2 vs stryde? The recall/talk of osteolysis (not sure right word) w/ stryde is scaring me.

ryand2021

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 05:38:14 AM »

I'm not sure about what's in EU, but in the U.S. a 10mg Xarelto costs around $500 every 30 days if no good insurance. It may vary by location.

I haven't heard of any bad side effects & incidents of P2.2 (unlike Stryde). However, you do have very limited weight bearing until your bones are adequately consolidated. Make sure you're mentally prepared for it as a lack of mobility for a long time will create significant anxiety and stress. Some P2.2 patients eventually lowed their lengthening goal because they're tired of the "wheelchair & walker" life and just wanted to get back to normal ASAP. But overall, P2.2 has a overall safe record and it does the job just right.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 06:29:50 AM by ryand2021 »

omarabdul509

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 07:00:16 AM »

when is stryde coming back?

Highest

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2021, 08:55:40 AM »

when is stryde coming back?

According to Paley 2023.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2021, 01:49:03 AM »

"3. Your walking recovery will be 2-3 months behind that of Stryde. If your job requires in-person physical activities, there will be a loss of income of additional 2-3 months (unless you have paid absence under certain circumstances)."

Thank you!!!

Can you leave Greece and go back to USA within 7 months for internal femurs and tibias though still? Does the 2-3 month extra only refer to time after I go back to America?

ryand2021

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 11:04:41 PM »

It depends. In general if everything goes well (no major complications) 7 months should be sufficient for you to complete lengthening. However your weightbearing status is dependent on when you complete lengthening, not when you do the surgery. If you do both Tibia and Femur, expect a slower recovery because you have 4 broken bones instead of 2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up