Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LON on Femurs  (Read 667 times)

kayden

• Visitor
LON on Femurs
« on: August 19, 2021, 11:52:36 AM »

I'm planning on getting LON next year in Istanbul with Dr Halil Buldu, and I had a few questions.

Having spoken to a few people about the process, most of them advise against doing LON on the femurs as it can affect the soft tissue and cause some serious issues later on in life.
Instead I've been told that LON on the tibias is a lot safer.

However, the 6cm of safe lengthening that LON on the tibias offers isn't as appealing to me as the 8cm that LON on femurs can offer.

So I wanted to know, is there anyone who has had this procedure done on femurs, and what can you say about the process?

Are you happy with the result? Are you walking naturally again after having the procedure done? How long did it take you to get to that point if so? If you could rewind time, would you change your decision to do the femurs?

People who chose tibias over femurs please do chip in too

Thanks a lot in advance! :) :)

Growing

Re: LON on Femurs
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 09:29:43 PM »

Just read the stories the the patients experience section.

kayden

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 02:26:32 AM »

Most of the people who go with Buldu seem to choose LON on the femurs over tibia.

I've read a lot of them already, but I can't seem to find any diaries or anything about how people's movement/gait/legs in general are after a year or so of LON on the femurs.

Growing

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 02:38:02 AM »

I thought you said you spoke to other people personally that had the procedure. Just ask them if they can send you walking videos since you are already in contact with them. That’s what I would do.

more

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 06:18:42 AM »

I thought you said you spoke to other people personally that had the procedure. Just ask them if they can send you walking videos since you are already in contact with them. That’s what I would do.
Just walking videos are not enough to measure the success of this surgery.  additionally sitting and FULL ROM videos are also necessary.

Growing

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2021, 04:19:42 AM »

Just walking videos are not enough to measure the success of this surgery.  additionally sitting and FULL ROM videos are also necessary.

Bro stop talking to me, I already told you this. Whats wrong with you?

LeoGb

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2021, 07:07:48 AM »

I would also like to have surgery soon, but the truth is that I have not seen many testimonials of patients who have had surgery, I have not seen videos or testimonials of people who have had surgery of Lon in femur after 1 or 2 years, hopefully users like "Activatedxx" or "PerfectBody" share their experience every month to see if in the long term it is really advisable to have this procedure, they are the only users who have been sharing details of their surgery with Buldú, hopefully they will continue in the forum.
(sorry for my english)

kayden

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 09:52:04 AM »

Your English is fine :)

Yeah that's something I'm worried about too.
With the LON procedure, it's as if people stop caring to update the forum once they've had it done.

I also asked a few surgeons (in Turkey) about returning to natural walking, daily activities, ROM etc. and they sort of brush over it.
Saying you'll be fine if you do the PT, blah blah blah, here's ONE video of a successful recovery ...

kayden

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 09:57:32 AM »

My bad, most of these people were surgeons.

I've seen maybe 2/3 videos of people walking after removal of the EF and a little time has passed (3 months was the longest I think), and they all walk in an unnatural way.

If I go ahead with the procedure, I'm thinking of making an in-depth diary of the whole process (similar to how PerfectBody did his), but I'll give updates every year/half year.

LeoGb

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 05:47:59 PM »

With the LON procedure, it's as if people stop caring to update the forum once they've had it done.

I also asked a few surgeons (in Turkey) about returning to natural walking, daily activities, ROM etc. and they sort of brush over it.
Saying you'll be fine if you do the PT, blah blah blah, here's ONE video of a successful recovery ...

Yes, those who have done "precice" and "stryde" have shared quite a bit of valuable information about post op and recovery, but those who have done LON femurs just kind of disappear. I had the procedure in mind because of the 8 cm I can "safely" get from the femurs, but the little information out there, or the few videos out there of people walking unnaturally gives a lot to think about, and of course, the myths and criticisms made to operate the femurs with LON, that the pain is like hell and blabla.  I was planning to go to Vietnam and have my tibias operated by Dr. Doan, go for about 5-6 cm and maybe in 2 years when there is more information and testimonials, perform LON on femurs and go for 5 cm, according to "perfectbody" with 5 cm the recovery is quite safe.

Growing

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 06:11:44 PM »

The biggest part of why people stop updating in my personal opinion is because the surgery was successful and they have nothing to complain about and want to just live their lives. Usually people post more when they are having difficulties.

A guy I’ve been chatting with who had LL put it into perspective for me. Because I said the same thing. I even asked him why he never updated. He said because past CLL’ers like him and others, once they are done lengthening they just want to move on and live a normal life. Constantly talking about your height and the surgery etc defeats the purpose. It’s to put your height woas behind you.

kayden

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2021, 12:18:47 PM »

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

I think I'll likely go ahead with the surgery, but I'll be sure to update it yearly or whatever (until I'm back to normal again) for future prospective CLL people.

LeoGb

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2021, 05:01:28 AM »

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

I think I'll likely go ahead with the surgery, but I'll be sure to update it yearly or whatever (until I'm back to normal again) for future prospective CLL people.
How many cm do you plan to obtain and why femurs?

kayden

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2021, 11:37:13 AM »

7/8cm, and because this is such an expensive procedure, I really want to get the most lengthening within a safe threshold.

I've heard the unofficial max safe lengthening for tibias is about 6cm
Pages: [1]   Go Up