Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: flying with precice nails  (Read 363 times)

nice weather

• Visitor
flying with precice nails
« on: August 22, 2021, 04:23:25 AM »

hi all,

when i finish my lengthening i will have to fly for 25 hours to go back home (it would be 5 + 17 with a 3 hour break). if i am on precice 2 nails will it be possible to fly? the concern is not with blood clots (i will take a blood thinner before flying) but with not being able to walk.

how does one use the restroom? restrooms on airplanes are already too small for able bodied people and for someone who needs a wheelchair it would be impossible. the airlines say they will help passengers get to the restroom but not inside the restroom.

breaking the nails on a flight would be horrible. so i am going to use a walker or crutches.  ;D

any tips?

Re: flying with precice nails
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 04:32:21 AM »

Hose connected to a coke bottle?  :P

DonBones

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 06:21:09 AM »

hi all,

when i finish my lengthening i will have to fly for 25 hours to go back home (it would be 5 + 17 with a 3 hour break). if i am on precice 2 nails will it be possible to fly? the concern is not with blood clots (i will take a blood thinner before flying) but with not being able to walk.

how does one use the restroom? restrooms on airplanes are already too small for able bodied people and for someone who needs a wheelchair it would be impossible. the airlines say they will help passengers get to the restroom but not inside the restroom.

breaking the nails on a flight would be horrible. so i am going to use a walker or crutches.  ;D

any tips?

Be careful, I was told during my consultation that flying with Precise nails can cause severe pain, too. It's best for you to consult with your doc on how to approach this.
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

nice weather

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 08:40:03 AM »

Be careful, I was told during my consultation that flying with Precise nails can cause severe pain, too. It's best for you to consult with your doc on how to approach this.

which doctor said that? and why does the pain occur specifically while flying? is it only for precice and not for other nails?

btw i was asking about flying back just after finishing lengthening

DonBones

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 11:44:39 AM »

which doctor said that? and why does the pain occur specifically while flying? is it only for precice and not for other nails?

btw i was asking about flying back just after finishing lengthening

Dr Betz said Precise, and only Precise, may hurt when he explained the pros and cons of each nail. I think it has something to do with pressure and something being trapped inside the nail.

Having said that, do by all means consult with your doc. Perhaps the risk is negligible and if not, he will tell you what can be done to prevent it from happening.
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 05:10:20 PM »

There's a compression chamber in Precise and Stryde. The air pressure difference between the air cabin and the nail chamber forces the gas inside to escape/expand, causing the pain.

It is likely a rare occurence that Betz is quoting. He explained this to me too, but I have yet to see it corroborated by any diary.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

nice weather

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 07:50:39 PM »

There's a compression chamber in Precise and Stryde. The air pressure difference between the air cabin and the nail chamber forces the gas inside to escape/expand, causing the pain.

It is likely a rare occurence that Betz is quoting. He explained this to me too, but I have yet to see it corroborated by any diary.

strange, i've not heard any other doctor mention this, especially precice doctors. people keep their nails for years and i'm sure there would be plenty of people who have traveled the world after consolidation and the issue should have come up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up