Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much would 5cm lengthening impact athletic ability  (Read 1368 times)

Exxon

How much would 5cm lengthening impact athletic ability
« on: August 23, 2021, 01:27:26 PM »

Lets say I do 2cm on tibias and 3cm on femurs. How much would this decrease my athletic abilities. For anyone that will say "but 5cm isn't a big difference" statistically it is. In the US at 170cm (5'7) I'm 10% taller than all males and 75% taller than all females. If increase 5cm to 175cm (5'9) I will be taller than 45% of all males in the US and 93% of females. So yes it is a huge statistical jump.

Anyways how much would this decrease athletic ability if I were to do 2cm on tibias and 3cm on femurs. Thank you forum.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: How much would 5cm lengthening impact athletic ability
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 05:57:21 PM »

A mild to moderate amount.

ilovescience

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 06:02:38 PM »

Lets say I do 2cm on tibias and 3cm on femurs. How much would this decrease my athletic abilities. For anyone that will say "but 5cm isn't a big difference" statistically it is. In the US at 170cm (5'7) I'm 10% taller than all males and 75% taller than all females. If increase 5cm to 175cm (5'9) I will be taller than 45% of all males in the US and 93% of females. So yes it is a huge statistical jump.

Anyways how much would this decrease athletic ability if I were to do 2cm on tibias and 3cm on femurs. Thank you forum.

I think the imapct might not be that significant. Are you currently participating in any kinds of sports? Football?

eric.cartman

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 06:17:39 PM »

Just out curiosity, why not just do 5 on femurs (or tibias)? The fact that you have to go through two major procedures and break two large bone groups might have more impact on athletic ability than the length itself.  If your goal is 5cm, just stick with one procedure/bone group (femurs/tibia). my two $0.02

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 07:15:17 PM »

C'mon don't waste money that way LOL.

2 cm tibias and 3 cm femurs?I think even your surgeons will be astonished why u'd like to pay so much money for such amounts.

But u really wanna continue this way then it's for sure your atheletic ability won't be impacted so much,barely negative influences

LeoGb

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 09:10:17 PM »

I think it would be worse to break twice than to lengthen a single segment at once, (besides it would be very expensive) if you do 5 cm in femurs, your recovery will be very good, 5 cm is very conservative in femurs, and 5 cm in tibias in theory would be the safe limit, so you could also opt for tibias, besides it would be less painful (in case you do LON).

MakeMeTallAF

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 12:49:12 AM »

Whether you lengthen tibia and femur 2 and 3 cm each, or just do 1 segment for 5 cm, you will still be lengthening your soft tissues the same amount.

Except you will have to undergo 2 surgeries which doubles the surgical risk.

I don't understand what the point of this is. You aren't saving any athleticism by doing 2+3 instead of 5, in fact you are probably lowering your chance for good recovery

Exxon

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2021, 07:32:06 AM »

Ok, new question. If I do 5cm on femurs how much would this ruin my athletic capabilities. If I can run a 100m in 11 seconds prior to surgery, how many seconds would I be able to run a 100m afterwards IF I recover well, follow rehab and have proper nutrition.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 07:45:48 AM »

Ok, new question. If I do 5cm on femurs how much would this ruin my athletic capabilities. If I can run a 100m in 11 seconds prior to surgery, how many seconds would I be able to run a 100m afterwards IF I recover well, follow rehab and have proper nutrition.
It depends on individuals and femurs play less roles in athletisms than tibias so I guess after surgery perhaps your score will degrade as 14-15 secs.

MakeMeTallAF

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2021, 08:48:56 PM »

Lol he won't lose 3-4 seconds off his time, that's a lot. That's like going from healthy man to grandpa

DonBones

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 11:57:02 PM »

According to Paley it's 2 years

First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2021, 01:36:35 AM »

If weightbearing aerobic sports like sprinting is your concern, then LL may not be for you. When I was in the hospital with Betz, ideal athlete candidates that I met were often basketball or volleyball players. The height gain outweighed reduced mobility.

For 5cm, it will take at least 5 months to walk properly, and 8 months to run, after full bone consolidation. Considering you will be removing your nails at the 12 months mark, I would forget sprinting in year 1. You need another 3 months to fully consolidate after nail removal. I'd give it at least 15 months from the day of surgery for you to recover any meaningful athletic performance.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

GrowANut

• We'll all make it brahs.
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2021, 04:12:55 AM »

I wouldn't undergo two surgeries for 5 cm I would either do tibia or femurs depending on your ratio of length between them... breaking 6 bones is going to reduce your athleticism much more than just breaking 2 bones... since it's not much lengthening I don't think your athleticism is going to decrease that much after you undergo proper physical therapy; but it can take like 2 years to achieve normal athleticism.
Pages: [1]   Go Up