Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me ! Should I have this surgery?  (Read 469 times)

Dralyr

• Visitor
Please help me ! Should I have this surgery?
« on: August 23, 2021, 07:07:28 PM »

Hello to everyone. Sorry for the translation, as my English is bad.

I've been reading what's written on this forum for about 3 years and I'm thinking of having a lengthening surgery. Please help me I can't get this obsession out of my head. Everyone says different things. I believe I will find the answer I am looking for best here.
I'm 177cm i.e. 5 feet 9.5

My only dream was to be a model or a photography model and I researched this surgery.
The girls I meet don't see me as tall and generally like tall people. Most girls preferred and still prefer taller than me, even if they are not handsome. Now I have a lack of self-confidence when I see myself taller than myself. I don't want to be in social media. I don't like my height. Yes, I am above the average, but there is no cure for it, I feel short and of course 177 cm is not a tall stature.

I went to talk to the doctor and he explained the surgery as if it was a nose job and an easy surgery. After the first 3 weeks, you can walk and go to the toilet. He said that the pain is not very severe and the pain will decrease over time.
I wanted to meet face to face with a patient who had surgery before. And I talked. The person I interviewed was 1.66 cm tall (with surgery)
He told me that the surgery was very difficult, that he was in pain every second for 24 hours. He said that the painkiller prevented the pain for 1-2 hours and it was very difficult to sleep. He said the pain would continue until those bones fused. He said that he would be constantly x-rayed and that it would have a radiation effect on the body and shorten his life. While the doctors were operating with a lead apron, he said, you don't have a lead apron. And this will happen at least 3 times. Extra X-ray needed, too much radiation.

He said that no matter what method is used during the surgery, a stick will definitely be put into the bone like Ion - Precice 2, and since this stick will be inside the bone, marrows must be removed and the body will never produce it. He said that the marrow in the body is very important and that it is the most important in the leg bone, which is the most important defense immune mechanism of the body.

He said that he did not know what would happen when he was 30-40 years later, and that he was afraid and regretted having had this surgery.
It has been 3 years since her surgery and she has grown 7 cm and now she is 1.66 tall.
He told me that growing 7cm didn't add anything to his life and it hurt like hell.

The videos he showed me had nothing to do with what I saw on the internet. He told me it was to create perception. He said he thought it was an easy thing before I had it, and he certainly did not recommend this surgery, which he regretted.

Finally, he said that the veins would not lengthen, even if it did, it would be difficult and thin, and because the limb would grow, it would tire the heart.

You guys are helping many people, I have read and learned many things as a guest on this forum for years. I did not write any articles, I did not open a topic. Should I or someone else have this surgery?

Please help me ! Should I have this surgery or is it the best way to wear insoles or live at peace with yourself?
I've been saving money 2021 and finally came back to the forum. I going to have surgery.

I just hate livelifetaller and wannabetaller in turkey. I congratulate the people who have operated on other surgeons in Turkey

ilovescience

Re: Please help me ! Should I have this surgery?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 07:38:21 PM »

Hello to everyone. Sorry for the translation, as my English is bad.

I've been reading what's written on this forum for about 3 years and I'm thinking of having a lengthening surgery. Please help me I can't get this obsession out of my head. Everyone says different things. I believe I will find the answer I am looking for best here.
I'm 177cm i.e. 5 feet 9.5

My only dream was to be a model or a photography model and I researched this surgery.
The girls I meet don't see me as tall and generally like tall people. Most girls preferred and still prefer taller than me, even if they are not handsome. Now I have a lack of self-confidence when I see myself taller than myself. I don't want to be in social media. I don't like my height. Yes, I am above the average, but there is no cure for it, I feel short and of course 177 cm is not a tall stature.

I went to talk to the doctor and he explained the surgery as if it was a nose job and an easy surgery. After the first 3 weeks, you can walk and go to the toilet. He said that the pain is not very severe and the pain will decrease over time.
I wanted to meet face to face with a patient who had surgery before. And I talked. The person I interviewed was 1.66 cm tall (with surgery)
He told me that the surgery was very difficult, that he was in pain every second for 24 hours. He said that the painkiller prevented the pain for 1-2 hours and it was very difficult to sleep. He said the pain would continue until those bones fused. He said that he would be constantly x-rayed and that it would have a radiation effect on the body and shorten his life. While the doctors were operating with a lead apron, he said, you don't have a lead apron. And this will happen at least 3 times. Extra X-ray needed, too much radiation.

He said that no matter what method is used during the surgery, a stick will definitely be put into the bone like Ion - Precice 2, and since this stick will be inside the bone, marrows must be removed and the body will never produce it. He said that the marrow in the body is very important and that it is the most important in the leg bone, which is the most important defense immune mechanism of the body.

He said that he did not know what would happen when he was 30-40 years later, and that he was afraid and regretted having had this surgery.
It has been 3 years since her surgery and she has grown 7 cm and now she is 1.66 tall.
He told me that growing 7cm didn't add anything to his life and it hurt like hell.

The videos he showed me had nothing to do with what I saw on the internet. He told me it was to create perception. He said he thought it was an easy thing before I had it, and he certainly did not recommend this surgery, which he regretted.

Finally, he said that the veins would not lengthen, even if it did, it would be difficult and thin, and because the limb would grow, it would tire the heart.

You guys are helping many people, I have read and learned many things as a guest on this forum for years. I did not write any articles, I did not open a topic. Should I or someone else have this surgery?

Please help me ! Should I have this surgery or is it the best way to wear insoles or live at peace with yourself?

How tall do you want to be? If you want to be 180, 5'11 in foot, then some people might advise you to wear thicker shoes, which can be purchased at Amazon. If you intend to add 2 inches to your height, the risk should be low. I have seen many people who did the surgery shared their thoughts on YouTube, they think it's worth it. I would also like to tell you that your height is considered tall in many countries, especially in Asia.  :)

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 08:05:44 PM »

Kinda like an average revenue male wanna promote from average to rich and worrying about risks to be run all along investments.

Men under 170cm desiring for LL is kinda like poor ppl can only purchase lotteries to by accident level up life qualities.

So u r the boss and we can't make up your mind to do anything.

But if u haven't sufferred any discriminations and just wanna be perfect then just take that guy's advice into considerations and

give up LL cuz LL's procedure is painful and horrible unless you firmly insist on height growth as remedy for height dysphoria(It's just me)

AimHigh

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 02:00:05 AM »

Yes it is more painful than many doctors guess, You will not be productive for at least 4 months, sleep is tough, strong painkillers are must and for me there have been longterm consequences (eg knee damage and ongoing pain - read my posts).
It is also not cheap, takes time away from your education/career/job, leaves some scarring, and is looked upon poorly by almost all in society.
I am still glad I went through 8cm Femur gain (still have 2.7 cm LLD) and am 179 cm now, but I did CLL in my 50's am in a Senior position and I work a mostly desk type job, so the physical limitations are less consequential for me than for a younger man who is working his ass off and helping to raise kids.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2
Pages: [1]   Go Up