Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone see Assayag for nail removal using insurance?  (Read 348 times)

SpeedDialer

Anyone see Assayag for nail removal using insurance?
« on: August 29, 2021, 10:33:37 PM »

1. What specific insurance plan did you use?

2. What in your insurance policy specifically let you use it for nail removal?

SpeedDialer

Re: Anyone see Assayag for nail removal using insurance?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 01:20:04 PM »

I don't live in Maryland or Baltimore but I'm within driving distance. What would you recommend if you wanted insurance to help with nail removal with someone? Unsure of what kind to get or when to enroll

ab608

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 02:00:20 PM »

I've heard of nail removal getting covered by insurance. You can call/email one of the American surgeons like Dr M, Dr Assayag, etc and ask what CPT code and ICD code they use to bill insurance for nail removal. Then you can call up your insurance to see if those same codes are covered by your plan.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 04:44:13 PM »

Thank you! So when choosing a healthcare plan in USA to increase the likelihood it will help with nail removal, you would do this:

1. Call a few doctors, get the CPT code and ICD codes for nail removal

2. Call a bunch of ACA compliant insurance companies you're thinking of signing up with and asking if their plan would cover those CPT and ICD codes before you sign up for insurance with them?

ab608

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 05:12:45 PM »

Yeah that sounds right

SpeedDialer

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 12:02:09 AM »

I'm a bit unsure what to do. I'm within driving distance of Assayag but I'm not a Maryland resident (he is in Baltimore Maryland)

My state doesn't offer PPO health insurance in the individual market. But I need it, don't I, to get insurance that can cover nail removal? Is the planned to use insurance for it fked?

Is there no way to get some kind of health insurance to cover nail removal? He said in this forum that in the past patients have used insurance for nail removal

Becoming a Maryland resident doesn't seem like an option, would have to pay for an apartment there which is probably not worth the money compared to flying to Parihar for nail removal

Anyone have any ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up