Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: +6 cm tibia LATN with dr. Dimitrios Giotikas  (Read 13223 times)

Nyc brother

Re: +6 cm tibia LATN with dr. Dimitrios Giotikas
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2021, 02:41:53 AM »

Hey guys, it’s so interesting reading your diaries @MorningStar and @V21. I just booked with Giotikas on Oct 27. I got a place for 5 months on Airbnb without stairs 5km away, so it is possible!

LU213

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2021, 03:36:21 AM »

Great advice man.

MorningStar

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2021, 08:59:54 AM »

@Growing I think it's a cultural thing. Here where I am from - scars are positive thing for almost all girls. Because from old times they associates with a courage. So probably that's why I don't understand.

@Nyc brother congrats, bro, you've made the first step!

@LU213 I'll give more!

7 day: yesterday was a bad-ass day. I climbed down the stairs almost without any help. I didn't use wheelchair at all. I was walking a lot, also PT. At the evening I was exhausted. Today I am fkd-up. I barely can walk, legs are hardly swollen. So I canceled PT. I'll do some workout at home with a help from a nurse and relax a bit for tomorrow PT. Also waiting an ice from the nurse because I need to reduce swollen.
+6 cm tibia LATN with dr. Dimitrios Giotikas: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=67949.0
2021-08-26: First surgery
2021-11-24: Nailing surgery

Want-3-inches

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2021, 10:13:48 AM »

@Growing I think it's a cultural thing. Here where I am from - scars are positive thing for almost all girls. Because from old times they associates with a courage. So probably that's why I don't understand.

I agree, but it's more like someone might find out you did LL.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2021, 11:00:29 AM »

@Nyc brother congrats, bro, you've made the first step!

@LU213 I'll give more!

7 day: yesterday was a bad-ass day. I climbed down the stairs almost without any help. I didn't use wheelchair at all. I was walking a lot, also PT. At the evening I was exhausted. Today I am fkd-up. I barely can walk, legs are hardly swollen. So I canceled PT. I'll do some workout at home with a help from a nurse and relax a bit for tomorrow PT. Also waiting an ice from the nurse because I need to reduce swollen.
In China,scars on women's beautiful legs are just stigmas only to estrange others cuz men prefer non-scar legs to rub their dcks not ones with pin-points and peony scabs.Maybe it's the same with other Asian countries.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2021, 11:03:33 AM »

I agree, but it's more like someone might find out you did LL.
Only few ppl have knowledges about LL and most of them wouldn't find out you did LL.
Just apply your postoperative height into fking with female models.

MorningStar

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2021, 07:54:24 PM »

8 day: pain 0-1/10 while laying on the bed, sleep is perfect like without any surgery. Yesterday my nurse did great job so my legs are alive again. I feel a little pain while walking, maybe 3/10. Only first several steps are more painful because I feel some stifness when I just standup. What's more uncomfortable - I started to feel how two bones are rubbing each other and "clicking" sound because of that. So the time for lengthening has come. Tomorrow I'll start. Also my nurse showed me how to comfortably turn on the side while laying on the bed so from now I have 3 sleeping positions. ;D
+6 cm tibia LATN with dr. Dimitrios Giotikas: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=67949.0

LL2022

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2021, 11:20:22 PM »

8 day: pain 0-1/10 while laying on the bed, sleep is perfect like without any surgery. Yesterday my nurse did great job so my legs are alive again. I feel a little pain while walking, maybe 3/10. Only first several steps are more painful because I feel some stifness when I just standup. What's more uncomfortable - I started to feel how two bones are rubbing each other and "clicking" sound because of that. So the time for lengthening has come. Tomorrow I'll start. Also my nurse showed me how to comfortably turn on the side while laying on the bed so from now I have 3 sleeping positions. ;D

Are you able to sleep on your stomache/side with those big a** fixators? :O
Currently 168,5 cm - Goal -> 4,5 cm - 5 cm Tibias in Turkey

Thehighest

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2021, 11:49:29 PM »

Maybe is a silly question but can you cut your hair or you have to stay with long hair with fixators?

MorningStar

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2021, 08:07:16 AM »

@RichTheGreat I haven't tried on belly yet, but on sides or back - yes, without any problem! ;D

@Thehighest do you mean legs hair or head hair? ;D if legs - they are shaved before the surgery. Of course, later they will grow again, but I don't see any problem. If head hair - better shorten them because it's not so easy to go to the barber shop during lengthening. I haven't done that. :'(

MorningStar

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2021, 05:28:57 PM »

10 day: already 2 mm taller! I felt so good today that decided not to take painkillers at all. That was a mistake. When I've started to walk, pain has started to increase. At one moment I barely managed to return from kitchen to the bedroom to take painkillers. It was not an ordinary pain but some kind of weakness and stifness in the legs. Overall all good. Swolen has reduced, no pain at all while laying in the bed.

MorningStar

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2021, 09:58:12 AM »

11 day: I don't feel perfectly anymore. All good while laying on the bed. But when I try to walk, I've started to feel strange nerve pain in the right leg. I can't lift or put weight on this leg without severe pain somewhere deep inside. I took 2 Lyrica and 2 Tramal but little or no effect. So I canceled today's PT because I can walk only by dragging this leg. I've contacted dr. Giotikas and he told me that I have to wait. I'll put some ice on it and I hope tomorrow will be better.

LU213

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2021, 10:11:57 PM »

Hope all improves tomorrow or you get something for that nerve pain. Are you alone in Greece?

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2021, 10:33:31 AM »

Just reading your posts! Fellow Giotikas patient here. Glad to see you going through with this surgery. The pain will subside after the 2-3 week mark as your body overall is healing to this intrusive surgery. Stay strong and keep your head up!

Some of the things I did during my lengthening was ensure to do PT/exercises as much as I can. In fact, the nurse you mention is I’m certain the same nurse that I made a schedule with to do additional PT/exercises with 3 times a week for my stay in Athens (4 months). She was very well educated regarding this surgery and this itself made it reassuring for knowledge and assistance. I made the most out of the nurse and her team. I’d like to believe I’ve had the best recovery out of all the patients solely because of this. I moved places 3 weeks post surgery and was doing 3 stories of stairs daily up and down for the rest of my stay.

Diet is vital. Make sure you keep a diet rich in protein and vitamins.

Keep in contact with other patients. Share your experience. We had a WhatsApp group of the patients there discussing our progress, any issues or meetups. This helps keep our sanity.

Cheers, and keep us posted on your journey 👍

MorningStar

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2021, 02:42:56 PM »

12 day: 4 mm. I've realised that Paracetamol works far better against this new pain than Tramal or Lyrica. Today with huge efforts I went to PT. Now I feel exhausted. PT guy told me that this pain comes from the new space which has been made by lengthening (honestly, for me it was pretty obvious). Also he gave me some kind of "boots" to wear at night which should prevent from ballerina foot. Btw, Greeks are incredibly friendly - when I go to PT from the home with a crutches or walker, some guy or girl in the street always offers help for me. :)

@LU213 yes, bro, I am alone here. :-X

@AppleFanBoy thanks for wishes and advices! I try to eat as much as I can, but I don't lie - my appetite is reduced because of hot weather and surgery. I also have protein and BCAA supplements. And yes, we are talking about the same nurse - ms. M. ;)

MorningStar

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2021, 01:31:43 PM »

14 day: 6 mm. First sleepless night here. I've started to feel irritative nerve pain in the tibia even when I am laying in the bed. Especially just after clicks. It's not very harsh but still disturbs sleeping or even working. Anti-ballerina boots also doesn't help to sleep. They are not very comfortable. This week in general is hard. Not only for me, but also for my 2 fate brothers. Today is better than Monday (when I could barely walk) but still not as good as Sunday. Today's PT helped me a lot to relieve muscles tension. I am a bit anxious because it's only 6 mm and I already feel nerve pain. So what gonna be at 5-6 cm??

Thehighest

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2021, 03:35:38 PM »

Which is the price for accommodation and good suplies in Athens?

MorningStar

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2021, 03:49:26 PM »

Which is the price for accommodation and good suplies in Athens?
I pay about 750 euros per month for a 2 room apartments from AirBnB. But it's possible to find cheaper. Other prices you can find there: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Athens

MorningStar

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2021, 06:24:43 AM »

16 day: 8 mm. I have new problem. One week ago I was laying on the bed with zero pain and perfect sleep while walking was a bit painful. Now I can't relax on the bed anymore. When I lay, I've started to feel irritating pain in shins. It's not very strong, but very irritating, sleeping is impossible. When I sit and my shins get a little tension - all good. Tonight I tried to sleep by sitting all night. Needless to say that such sleep is a sh.t. Besides that, my ankles are very hardly swollen now. I can't even wear flip flops.

LU213

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2021, 10:54:25 AM »

Has your pain and tension improved with physical therapy?

MorningStar

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2021, 08:47:45 AM »

19 day: 1 cm 0,75 mm! So yesterday I've been to the first follow-up appointment after the surgery. Actually, my height has been increased by 1,4 cm so far, because he made 0,4 cm initial gap after the surgery, but I count only the amount which I've lengthened. I had a plans to post X-rays here, but clinic gave me a DVD disk, so I can't do that because I don't have a DVD ROM in my computer. ;D Next time (after 2 weeks) I'll ask to send photos to my email.

My current main problem is the nerve pain when I am relaxed. I don't feel pain when I am walking or sitting, only when I am laying on the bed. So dr. Giotikas let me to increase Lyrica dosage. Also I've found a position how to sleep: I keep my legs on the ground while I lay on the bed. But this position has made my legs very swollen so dr. Giotikas has banned to sleep like this. Also I've reduced lengthening to 3 clicks per day (0,75 mm).

@LU213 PT really helps to walk more easily and without pain but I think it has not effect for the nerve pain which I feel when I am relaxed.

MorningStar

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2021, 10:46:20 AM »

20 day: 1 cm 1,5 mm. One problem is solved, another comes. Looks like I finally can relax my legs. Tonight I was sleeping for almost all night. I don't feel very irritating nerve pain as before. The problem is that yesterday I realised that one of pinsite bandages is yellow. Nurse washed the wound and changed bandage. Sadly, today not only it's yellow again but yellow fluid has started to flow from the wound. So now I am waiting for the nurse to check again because it looks like potential infection. The good part is that I don't feel any pain.

canterk

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2021, 11:33:48 AM »

hi morningstar,
what is your pt regimen currently?
wonder why there's potential infection for you, have you taken good care of the pinsites?

MorningStar

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2021, 11:47:22 AM »

hi morningstar,
what is your pt regimen currently?
wonder why there's potential infection for you, have you taken good care of the pinsites?
Hey! I am not doing any special care for the pinsites. The nurse comes once a week to change the bandages and wash the wounds, and that's it.

PT is 4 times a week in PT center (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday), all other days I do PT at home. They gave me some equipment required for PT at home. One PT session takes around 1 hour 30 minutes.

Thehighest

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2021, 02:36:21 PM »

Do you think tibia lengthening is as painful as femur lengthening or Not even near?

MorningStar

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2021, 03:02:30 PM »

Do you think tibia lengthening is as painful as femur lengthening or Not even near?
I am pretty sure Tibia is less painful.

eric.cartman

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2021, 03:49:25 PM »

20 day: 1 cm 1,5 mm. One problem is solved, another comes. Looks like I finally can relax my legs. Tonight I was sleeping for almost all night. I don't feel very irritating nerve pain as before. The problem is that yesterday I realised that one of pinsite bandages is yellow. Nurse washed the wound and changed bandage. Sadly, today not only it's yellow again but yellow fluid has started to flow from the wound. So now I am waiting for the nurse to check again because it looks like potential infection. The good part is that I don't feel any pain.
The yellow stuff is just regular drainage. Unfortunately some pinsites will continue discharge until you get those frames off. As long as it's not painful and the pinsite area is not tender, it's unlikely to be an infection.

MorningStar

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2021, 05:02:34 PM »

22 day: 1 cm 3 mm. Nothing to update a lot. @eric.cartman were right, false alarm about infection. Nerve pain has almost dissapeared for now. Slowly growing and getting better everyday, and that's it. :D

canterk

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2021, 03:58:02 AM »

Good to hear that morningstar, everyday is one day closer to your target height. keep going!

MorningStar

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2021, 07:58:26 AM »

Good to hear that morningstar, everyday is one day closer to your target height. keep going!
Thank you, canterk! Btw, I don't know why, but maybe one week ago I've started to read horror LL stories, mostly from the old diaries in this forum about bad experiences with Indian or Turkey butchers. ;D I can't explain why I am doing that, maybe for the same reason some people like to watch horror movies (I am not horror movies fan and I've never understood this genre). ;D I hope that I won't become one more horror story. ;D :-X

LU213

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2021, 07:48:14 AM »

No it won't be.  You've so got this!! 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up