Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going back to the same surgeon for rod removal?  (Read 620 times)

tallerwouldbenice

Going back to the same surgeon for rod removal?
« on: September 04, 2023, 10:21:17 AM »

Hi,

Bilateral femur Payley patient here. I'm due to remove the Precice 2.0 rods anytime soon (hurray!).

I can do it with Payley in the US at the full price, or do it cheaper in my home country's solid healthcare system.

Does the expertise of the surgeon matter much here? I went to Payley for the best care in the world... but my understanding is that removing the rods is a routine procedure that any orthopedic surgeon can perform.

Curious to know your thoughts!

TheDream

Re: Going back to the same surgeon for rod removal?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 01:11:14 PM »

Maybe you could but why risk it.
There’s no guarantee that the person you’d get has even done it before on an LL patient.

informationispower

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 01:15:12 PM »

Hi,

Bilateral femur Payley patient here. I'm due to remove the Precice 2.0 rods anytime soon (hurray!).

I can do it with Payley in the US at the full price, or do it cheaper in my home country's solid healthcare system.

Does the expertise of the surgeon matter much here? I went to Payley for the best care in the world... but my understanding is that removing the rods is a routine procedure that any orthopedic surgeon can perform.

Curious to know your thoughts!

Depends on which country are you from. If you are from western EU/korea/Japan/Israel I would do it locally

Maison

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 01:27:19 PM »

Generally, a doctor with experience in removing trauma nails would technically be capable of removing LL nails.

However, there are specific tools designed for the removal of each type of nail.
Most orthopedic surgeons don't possess the removal tools for Precice nail.
Therefore, they might opt for using universal removal tools, but this could potentially be more challenging compared to using the specialized equipment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up