Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Risks/Complications Of LL  (Read 129938 times)

alwayslucky

Re: Risks/Complications Of LL
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2021, 12:07:38 PM »

Ah... I see. It's really disturbing, but thank you for your explanation, man :)

c

« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2021, 04:45:42 PM »

并不是李医生做的,他澄清过这一点。

Arcon

« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2022, 11:18:59 AM »

zaozari

« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2022, 05:25:16 PM »

I am really afraid of these complications, even if they have only a small chance. ButI noticed that everyone said that Dr. Paley was the safest doctor, and that 5cm of femur seemed to be a safe extension. so if I go to Dr. Paley for this operation and only do 4-5cm of femur, can this guarantee that I will be safe and sound?

Looking at the post immediately above, in pure strictly logical terms, I don’t believe so. Dr. Paley participated in Stryde development.
I don’t even understand why he's not active in contributions to clarify the issue, as Dr. Giotikas appeals to all colleagues.
And nevertheless, in surgery practice and as a doctor, Paley seems undoubtedly one of the best.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2023, 08:20:00 PM »

Instead, this is more like how a healthy athlete/person who gets in a serious injury, such as in a sporting accident or car accident, and has to undergoes traumatic surgery which cuts open, damages, scars (internally and externally) and alters the natural body...sure they may recover to a point...but they will never be like their PRE-surgical / PRE-injured self.

Unfortunately no. Medical technology has come a long way since the advent of rando polish “physicians” medical tech. NuVasive and (I guess Betz) have developed a system that; if implemented would allow even an athlete (taking the right pharmaceuticals) to return back to novel function. LL != becoming irreversibly crippled. It’s 2023. You just need to be working with an elite physician. In medicine you get what you pay for.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

nick-sh.

• Visitor
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2023, 11:25:18 AM »

I did the LL in Cairo with dr. Yasser Elbatrawy .There were many problems during lengthening period due to his irresponsibility ! He is the most dangerous person i have ever met in my life...
I am in touch with two of his patients who did the surgery the same period with me.Both have mobility problems.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up