Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: My Nails removal complication in USA  (Read 9310 times)

DonBones

Re: My Nails removal complication in USA
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2021, 05:57:42 AM »

I feel very terrible that like I am living in hell, extremely shocking and in deepest of depression that I almost I think I am going to die,like better to inject something and die in peace than suffering this terrible experience ,was waited more than 24 hours with a fractured leg  for a surgery room to fix my leg, got constipation and blood in poop, painful and painful and painful.

How the fk did they make you wait 24 hours? If that's not an emergency then what is?
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2021, 03:42:33 PM »

Hello alls and Hello Movie, I will update more when I feel better, right now I still don’t think this is real for me, A nightmare in a nightmare.I never thought that I would have a complication like this , really. I will share more info about Dr when I think I have to, please understand for my situation, about running  , I never ran since LL surgery until now, Never ran even I have the stryde nail full weight bearing inside. Never jump. I didn’t know about the stryde nail recall until I read topic of Alchemist.
https://imgur.com/a/8jUEBbi

Dr never give me a call even A simple one like ask me how am I doing?

Hello DreamerLL,
I am very sorry to see you going through such hell.

Please be strong and focus on the surgery and then full recovery. What happened is done already, but you can try to make a positive difference by carefully planning so you achieve the full recovery. Take tragedies also as the opportunities to learn and be stronger and more cautious for the future endeavors.

Did the doctor or the doctor's office communicate with you at all? via email the least?
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

itseasy

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2021, 06:45:10 AM »

Dream, how was your progress during the actual consolidation phase? Did you have any delays or slow growth? Did you eat calories, take calcium, etc?

Highest

« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2021, 08:02:00 AM »

Hi Dreamer
Did your leg breaking have anything to do with the problems styde nail was recalled for?

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2021, 11:23:05 AM »

Worst part is that this will likely mean another internal nail and yet another nail removal...
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

TheDream

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2021, 02:28:16 PM »

My Xray:
https://imgur.com/a/lGNL7mf

Hope you are doing and feeling better with the circumstances in mind DreamerLL.

From the X-Ray image it looks like the breakage occurred exactly the same place as Programdude who also lengthened ~7.8 cm or 3 inches on the femur:

It was near the top of the lengthening site that fractured

In Programdudes thread a guy made a post saying Paley had a similar experience with another patient described as the exact same position, but in this case it was during lengthening:

Dr. Paley had warned me to immediately contact him if I felt any constant sharp pains in a specific spot on the femur. It usually is a sign of a fracture, because it had happened to a former patient of his. That patient felt a sharp pain in a specific part, right where the bottom of the rod touched the femur. And then after lengthening the internal rod further, it snapped the leg. From my research online, it appears that stress fracture occur when you apply too much stress on the bone, which causes the bone to be reabsorbed into the body, not resting the bone enough to let to rebuild

It seems like that area, right above the lengthening spot in the femur is vulnerable to stresses. I am guessing you must have had a stress fracture in that area which built up and finally just gave in. The fact that it occurred in bed after waking up is most strange. Especially so soon after nail and rod removal. Perhaps a fracture occurred as a consequence of the removal, or maybe it was already there and wasn’t detected prior to the removal? Perhaps someone with medical education can shed some light on this.

Programdude seems to have had a good recovery, so there is good hope you just need to stay patient.

init1alove

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2021, 07:48:35 PM »

I am guessing the muscles are still tight even after one year. The tight muscles keep putting pressure on the fragile/immature bones, that's why the bone was broken in the bed after waking up.

SuchLL

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2021, 08:35:11 AM »

Sorry if I sound like a bad person… it’s just hard to believe someone could have such bad fracture by simply sleeping in bed… especially when several people asked for the doctor’s name but DreamerLL still didn’t say it for some reasons.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2021, 09:54:08 AM »

Sorry if I sound like a bad person… it’s just hard to believe someone could have such bad fracture by simply sleeping in bed… especially when several people asked for the doctor’s name but DreamerLL still didn’t say it for some reasons.

He is probably quite dependent on his doctor and might have felt afraid to mention the name.

Also he posted 2 pics.

SuchLL

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2021, 11:10:37 AM »

He is probably quite dependent on his doctor and might have felt afraid to mention the name.

Also he posted 2 pics.

I know the fracture was really bad and you could be right. It’s just hard for me to believe he didn’t do anything and this simply happened when he slept in bed.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2021, 12:59:09 PM »

I know the fracture was really bad and you could be right. It’s just hard for me to believe he didn’t do anything and this simply happened when he slept in bed.
He said he woke up and this happened when he was taking a few steps. It's not like it snapped out of the blue while sleeping.

DreamerLL

« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2021, 07:16:40 PM »

I can’t believe this could happened and It happened to me, I never  figure it out why this happened and happened to me . I am now focus on my recovery mainly , I shared Dr name with a member who sent to my messages because I feel he is really a good guy and support me. SuchLL I don’t know If you are in the team of Dr or not. But there are many wise members and who really did LL surgery they will know and understand what I am talking.

init1alove : I was thinking about that too, the cold in morning and the tight thighs may did this complication. Or there was a crake before the removal surgery but Dr didn’t see it.

Want-3-inches : I can guess who are you and you are a rude person,If one day something bad happen to you , you will understand what you are talking today is really rude .  I didn’t do the LL in Cali and I didn’t put the nails in and out with Dr M. ( didn’t) . I confirmed it.This happened to me when I was still in bed. I confirmed it again. This is my final reply to you. I am very tired bro .

Want-3-inches

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2021, 07:33:24 PM »

Hi DreamerLL,

I don't know what I said that you call me a rude person. I was supporting you and explaining to SuchLL how you have posted pics and so you are obviously genuine. I just initially misunderstood your explanation of how the fracture happened but I have never doubted you. Also I was saying no one should pressure you into revealing your doctor.

The other day I went through ProgramDude's diary to answer your questions and have only been wishing that you get better soon. I NEVER even mentioned Dr M or Cali anywhere. Are you mistaking me with someone else?
I am a bit upset by your comment. Anyway I wish you get better soon bro.

DreamerLL

« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2021, 07:39:45 PM »

Hi DreamerLL,

I don't know what I said that you call me a rude person. I was supporting you and explaining to SuchLL how you have posted pics and so you are obviously genuine. I just initially misunderstood your explanation of how the fracture happened but I have never doubted you.

The other day I went through ProgramDude's diary to answer your questions and have only been wishing that you get better soon. I NEVER even mentioned Dr M or Cali anywhere. Are you mistaking me with someone else?
I am a bit upset by your comment. Anyway I wish you get better soon bro.
I am sorry , I quite misunderstood you, I thought you try trick me , I confirmed that I got a broken leg when I was still in bed. I am very tired and depressed . If I said anything wrong about you I am sorry and please pardon me.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2021, 07:48:05 PM »

I am sorry , I quite misunderstood you, I thought you try trick me , I confirmed that I got a broken leg when I was still in bed. I am very tired and depressed . If I said anything wrong about you I am sorry and please pardon me.

no worries bro :) please keep us updated on your recovery and all the best!

DreamerLL

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2021, 12:26:38 AM »

Quote from: DonBones link=topic=68132 .msg204500#msg204500 date=1632463062
How the fk did they make you wait 24 hours? If that's not an emergency then what is?

Yes, I still very angry about that too.  :-\ 🤷‍♀️

SuchLL

« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2021, 06:36:05 PM »

I can’t believe this could happened and It happened to me, I never  figure it out why this happened and happened to me . I am now focus on my recovery mainly , I shared Dr name with a member who sent to my messages because I feel he is really a good guy and support me. SuchLL I don’t know If you are in the team of Dr or not. But there are many wise members and who really did LL surgery they will know and understand what I am talking.

init1alove : I was thinking about that too, the cold in morning and the tight thighs may did this complication. Or there was a crake before the removal surgery but Dr didn’t see it.

Want-3-inches : I can guess who are you and you are a rude person,If one day something bad happen to you , you will understand what you are talking today is really rude .  I didn’t do the LL in Cali and I didn’t put the nails in and out with Dr M. ( didn’t) . I confirmed it.This happened to me when I was still in bed. I confirmed it again. This is my final reply to you. I am very tired bro .

I’m sorry for what I said earlier. This is a nightmare and I wish you get better soon!

DreamerLL

Re: My Nails removal complication in USA by Dr Depibashard LimbplastX nevada
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2021, 08:22:41 PM »

My Nails removal complication in USA by Dr Depibashard LimbplastX Nevada.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2021, 01:43:53 AM »

You took the nails out too early.  :( Sorry about what you're goiing through.
I did 9.5cm with Betz (10cm left, 9cm right) and I only took my nails more than 18 months later.
And 18 months after lengthening, not after surgery.
I was in my late 20s, early 30s then.

Movie

« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2021, 11:38:22 PM »

Not saying Dr. Debiparshad is a bad doctor, but I was looking into getting my nails removed by him and the receptionist (Teresa) was rude and unprofessional through emails in my experience, I'm sure she wouldn't forward my messages to the doctor in a timely manner either, she replied after 2 weeks one time.. even after I emailed twice. I was hoping for significantly better service if I was willing to pay 14K for removal surgery... DreamerLL , you might have removed them too early unfortunately, and you said you never ran on the nails or any high impact activities, and rather than that being a good thing, It might've been detrimental to your full recovery. When you run you make micro-fractures that make your bones stronger, you should've tried light jogging when your doctor cleared you and build up from there slowly and carefully.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Arcon

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2021, 12:02:07 PM »

I always felt (and wrote somewhere in here) that Dr Depibahsard is a bit "green".
Wishing you best of luck with your recovery.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2021, 01:03:23 PM »

I always felt (and wrote somewhere in here) that Dr Depibahsard is a bit "green".
Wishing you best of luck with your recovery.

If I remember right he was offering some kind of "package deal" with 2 nights hotel stay to get people to remove nails with him and maybe he got complacent trying to increase his numbers. I wonder what explanation he gave DreamerLL after causing all this trauma. At the very least he shouldn't charge a penny for sorting this complication out.

Arcon

« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2021, 03:02:56 PM »

If I remember right he was offering some kind of "package deal" with 2 nights hotel stay to get people to remove nails with him and maybe he got complacent trying to increase his numbers. I wonder what explanation he gave DreamerLL after causing all this trauma. At the very least he shouldn't charge a penny for sorting this complication out.

Excuse me @want-3-inches, are we still talking about limb lengthening or about pizza night deals!?

InFullStryde

« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2021, 06:48:24 PM »

Hi Dreamer,

Like the rest of us on the forum, I'm very sorry that you are having to experience this complication.   Thank you for sharing the details of this event because by doing this; many others will now be aware of this possibility and can go even further in prevention measures.

A few details that I gathered from your posts:

- Nails were removed 12 months after surgery or 9 months after lengthening was completed. 
- You did not perform any strenuous activity during the past 12 months.  (Only walking)

Future CLL'ers and those that have undergone CLL but will have their nails removed soon; please pay special attention to both DreamerLL and ProgramDude's, forum posts.  They both have experienced upper femur fractions post nail removal surgery. 

DreamerLL, this is a setback that will set you up for a COMEBACK.   You have gained 3 inches of additional height and this incident will not take that away from you.  Your bone will heal fast just like it did with the initial CLL procedure and you'll be back to walking in no time.  The time will fly by and you'll be on track.  It's just one leg...yes that is no fun; but you can still get around okay once the surgery pains heal.   Focus on what you have accomplished my friend.  You'll battle your way through this final challenge and when you ultimately succeed; you'll be stronger than you ever have before...mentally and physically.  Feel free to reach out if you have any questions for me or if I can provide more feedback.

All the Best,

IFS

"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

LongLegs

• Visitor
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2021, 08:39:21 PM »

All best wishes and good luck on resolving this issue with Dr. D. I hope it gets sorted out for you soon. And thank you for putting all this out there on the forum for future and current LL'ers to take note of. I had my LL femur surgery in July with Dr. M and will have rods removed later rather than sooner now after reading all this, plus have Xrays done and read prior to removal. I still don't understand why Dr. D has not responded to you and reassured you yet.

I agree with IFS's positive response and words!

« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2021, 11:34:52 PM »

You'll come out of this okay bud x.  :)

Stay safe. Remember you are 3 inches taller now! That's awesome.

It's unfortunate. But at least it happened in bed and not while crossing the road in traffic or something.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

DonBones

« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2021, 07:06:18 AM »

Thanks for sharing this.

I looked him up - he looks like he's 30 years old at most, how on earth is he performing cosmetic LL surgeries? In my not so humble opinion every doctor should work their way up over many years, even decades, working on reconstructive cases resulting from trauma or defect with increasing complexity. They should do this until they can spot risks / complications in the blink of an eye, and address these confidently. That is when they can consider breaking perfectly healthy bones for cosmetic reasons.

Plastic surgeons coming straight out of uni are a big red flag.

I know it does not help you DreamerLL, but at least sharing your experience will help others. It certainly helps me. Stay strong man, it will all be good!

First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2021, 01:34:46 AM »

Thanks for sharing this.

I looked him up - he looks like he's 30 years old at most, how on earth is he performing cosmetic LL surgeries? In my not so humble opinion every doctor should work their way up over many years, even decades, working on reconstructive cases resulting from trauma or defect with increasing complexity. They should do this until they can spot risks / complications in the blink of an eye, and address these confidently. That is when they can consider breaking perfectly healthy bones for cosmetic reasons.

Plastic surgeons coming straight out of uni are a big red flag.

I know it does not help you DreamerLL, but at least sharing your experience will help others. It certainly helps me. Stay strong man, it will all be good!

I think he's much older than that. He received his MD in 2007. That would give him 14 years of clinical experience, though at most 12 of which may have been surgical.

In the North American medical system where you have to complete an undergraduate first, and 3-4 years of medical school later, that would make him 39 years old at the youngest.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2021, 08:20:14 AM »

For those interested I believe Dr Assayag addressed this matter on his recent appearance with the cyborg fella.

Best.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2021, 11:38:20 AM »

Yep. Since Dr A got to see the x-rays he said even he would've gone ahead and removed the nails. So Dr D wasn't negligent at nail removal I guess. Props to Dr A for his honesty here.

It's just DreamerLL's bad luck or this procedure is just not safe as we might think.

Dr A said a bunch of negative things about the Stryde nail. But it's surprising when Nuvasive initially did the recall, all surgeons were supportive of the nail and were thinking it should come back right away. Anyway, hopefully this is not a problem even with the Precice nail.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 01:30:28 PM by Want-3-inches »

Bob

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2021, 01:05:44 PM »

Reminder, when something goes not as planned it doesn't have to be the dr's or the patients fault.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up