Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: G-nail Dr. Giotikas 10/27/2021  (Read 10057 times)

Nyc brother

Re: G-nail Dr. Giotikas 10/27/2021
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2021, 04:49:35 PM »

Being that he is in London for most of the month he schedules the G- nail patients together the week - weekend he is in Athens. That way when he comes he can do 3-4 at a time.

mod

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2021, 04:55:04 PM »

Interesting because it seems like more patients are going to him over Guichet the inventor of the nail. Guichet's prices are comparable too.

canterk

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2021, 05:20:37 PM »

maybe because of guichet history. we all know of unicorn's case...

canterk

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2021, 05:26:49 PM »

Being that he is in London for most of the month he schedules the G- nail patients together the week - weekend he is in Athens. That way when he comes he can do 3-4 at a time.

what about current patients, how do you contact when he's needed in athens and he is in london? are you guys doing online consultation only? does he have another doctor who stays in athens all the time for emergency?

taller2023

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2021, 08:33:21 PM »

All is good here. I personally bought the monthly package for the nurses to click for me during the first month. Right now my dad is clicking for me. The fact he came is a whole story in itself ...

Hi

Can I click by myself if I come alone or do I have to hire nurse?
How painful is it when clicking, pain level 1-10?
How many click equal to 1mm?

Hope all is well, I like reading your  dairy.

Thanks

Nyc brother

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2021, 08:29:54 AM »

what about current patients, how do you contact when he's needed in athens and he is in london? are you guys doing online consultation only? does he have another doctor who stays in athens all the time for emergency?

Great questions. Yes he does have a doctor here in Athens that is his assistance if you feel you need extra check up. However usually Dr G tries to answer your questions before you schedule an extra visit with his assistance. I personally always text the doctor my concerns and thank G- d he always get back to me within 30 minutes. He does not Abandon his patients. We go to the hospital to do xrays every 2-3 weeks usually it’s with Dr. G but sometimes it’s with his assistance who then sends it to the doctor to check and the doctor calls you that night to discuss.

Nyc brother

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2021, 09:14:30 AM »

Hi

Can I click by myself if I come alone or do I have to hire nurse?
How painful is it when clicking, pain level 1-10?
How many click equal to 1mm?

Hope all is well, I like reading your  dairy.

Thanks

Most of the patients are hiring the nurses or have a family member clicking for them. There is a new patient who is clicking by himself however he is only on day 3. So it will be interesting to see how it goes for him. The key to clicks is to relax the legs as much as possible AND Trust G-d at least for me. The more tension in the legs the more painful it is. On good days pain is 1-2. Inflammation phase is not easy. This usually starts 12 days after surgery and lasts a week or 10 days.

canterk

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2021, 10:06:04 AM »

how much do you pay the nurse to do the clicking for you?
how many times do you click per day, and the nurse comes to your home everytime you need to click?

Nyc brother

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2021, 10:24:03 AM »

how much do you pay the nurse to do the clicking for you?
how many times do you click per day, and the nurse comes to your home everytime you need to click?

The nurses want 3,000 euros for the month. But don’t worry I didn’t pay that. They come to your apartment 2x a day and want 50 euros a session - 100 euros a day.
You need to click 15x in the day. So we break it into 2. 8 clicks in the morning and 7 in late afternoon.

Nyc brother

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2021, 12:36:30 PM »

So I just heard Dr. G’s office manger is pushing new patients to stay in a hotel together, which in a way is good but cost is 1,770 euros a month. Until now we were all staying in Airbnb’s throughout the city. My Airbnb is 520 euros a month.

Achieverr

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2021, 02:41:27 PM »

Thanks Nyc brother for the updates
I think it would not be a bad idea if patients help each other with clicking especially if all staying in one place. I mean if the  technique is not hard so someone can cut some costs.
"We suffer more often in imagination than in reality"

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2021, 02:55:43 PM »

Of course he told me maximum 9.5

Hi... How much you going to lengthen?

Nyc brother

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2021, 03:20:04 PM »

Hi... How much you going to lengthen?

I’m taking it day by day but I want the maximum. With G-d’s Help I will achieve it.

173to187USTORUSSIA

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2021, 03:44:57 PM »

I’m taking it day by day but I want the maximum. With G-d’s Help I will achieve it.

How much did everything cost? Are you doing tibias, femurs or both?

canterk

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2021, 04:43:54 PM »

The nurses want 3,000 euros for the month. But don’t worry I didn’t pay that. They come to your apartment 2x a day and want 50 euros a session - 100 euros a day.
You need to click 15x in the day. So we break it into 2. 8 clicks in the morning and 7 in late afternoon.
wow...talk about more expenses aside from 48.000 euro for surgery itself. do you need the help every single day? or do you only call them when its difficult for you?

So I just heard Dr. G’s office manger is pushing new patients to stay in a hotel together, which in a way is good but cost is 1,770 euros a month. Until now we were all staying in Airbnb’s throughout the city. My Airbnb is 520 euros a month.
is this a new requirement or its totally your choice if you still want Air bnb?

Nyc brother

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2021, 04:55:31 PM »

wow...talk about more expenses aside from 48.000 euro for surgery itself. do you need the help every single day? or do you only call them when its difficult for you?
is this a new requirement or its totally your choice if you still want Air bnb?

I payed them for 1 month. Almost everyone did. I have a family member with me so he clicks for me thank G-d.

I don’t know about requirement, but I think they are trying to push it. You can email them or wait till January - February when new patients come.

Nyc brother

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2021, 05:05:42 PM »

I wanted to share I made a big mistake. I came with the mindset Im going to work my ass off and push myself. This is a WRONG mindset. It has just backfired on me. I overworked myself and just had pain, soreness, tension and difficulties. I have realized the hard way the key to doing this successfully is trying to relax my legs as much as possible and flexibility. (Trust in G-d is a major one for me and the most important) The way the clicks work is its a mechanism. The more loose, relaxed, flexible, skinny, the leg is the easier clicks are and in general this whole process. I can truly say Less is more in this regards. Taking it easy is so important. The PT people were always telling me to relax. We are not in the gym pumping Iron. I had to learn this the hard way.

canterk

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2021, 07:19:07 PM »

I wanted to share I made a big mistake. I came with the mindset Im going to work my ass off and push myself. This is a WRONG mindset. It has just backfired on me. I overworked myself and just had pain, soreness, tension and difficulties. I have realized the hard way the key to doing this successfully is trying to relax my legs as much as possible and flexibility. (Trust in G-d is a major one for me and the most important) The way the clicks work is its a mechanism. The more loose, relaxed, flexible, skinny, the leg is the easier clicks are and in general this whole process. I can truly say Less is more in this regards. Taking it easy is so important. The PT people were always telling me to relax. We are not in the gym pumping Iron. I had to learn this the hard way.

can PT help with clicking? maybe a patient can save money by letting them do clicking everytime visit the PT?  :P

Nyc brother

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2021, 08:29:06 PM »

PT does not help with clicking. It’s not their job and they don’t know how for the most part.

canterk

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2021, 03:15:40 PM »

oh, i see. how much have you lengthened so far? from other diaries it seems G nail lengthening is fast. are you hoping to get max 10 cm.?

Nyc brother

« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2021, 07:55:02 PM »

Update

So for the past two weeks Dr. G told all the patients to reduce to 11 clicks a day. 0.75mm a day. I think it’s great and definitely gave my muscles time to rest.

mod

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2021, 08:01:49 PM »

Update

So for the past two weeks Dr. G told all the patients to reduce to 11 clicks a day. 0.75mm a day. I think it’s great and definitely gave my muscles time to rest.

He told all patients this? What is the reasoning? And aren't all the patients at different stages of distraction?

Nyc brother

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2021, 08:18:14 PM »

Sorry.

I came here to Athens with 4 guys. I mean we didn’t know each other but our surgery was on the same day or day after, we were in hospital together, PT together etc. All of us are in about the same lengthening. So to us 4 he said to do 11 clicks for 2 weeks. 

Nyc brother

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2021, 08:24:20 PM »

Thanks Nyc brother for the updates
I think it would not be a bad idea if patients help each other with clicking especially if all staying in one place. I mean if the  technique is not hard so someone can cut some costs.

That’s actually not a bad idea. Or if you still need to hire nurses at least they all come to the same place instead of running around the city. It’s saves time and cost.

Nyc brother

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2021, 12:30:02 PM »

So unfortunately no one is clicking by themselves. There is one patient who just started being able to click by himself on his left leg. But this is 2 months after surgery. In general, thank G-d, 2 months after surgery everything gets much much better.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2021, 02:34:52 PM »

I'll be watching this diary pretty closely; I'm planning on going with Dr. Giotikas or Guichet in 2023-2024 after I'm done with my tibial lengthening.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Super-JR

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2021, 10:44:05 AM »

Just want to share a tip for clicking, it is important to relax yourself first. You could stretch, cycle or even meditate before each clicking session. What ever works for you, to loosen the stiffness of your thigh.

Nyc brother

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2021, 05:41:43 PM »

Yes of course, thanks for sharing. You are right, stretching and biking is supposed to help with clicking at least that’s what the doctor constantly tells us. For me personally I have found taking a really hot shower and aiming at legs right before clicks help me a lot to warm the muscles. So sometimes I shower 2-3 x a day. Also I kid you not when the clicks are difficult I pray to G-d to help me and He almost always does.

Trust me when the pain is rough some of the patients here started praying.

V21

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2021, 07:04:40 PM »

Of course we knew relax was important, and we all biked or even took hot showers before clicking. However, there must be something we did wrong, cause NO ONE was able to click alone, whereas Guichet and Betz patients usually can do it. It would be interesting to share videos clicking to check what we can be improved in clicking technique.

canterk

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2021, 09:22:52 AM »

Of course we knew relax was important, and we all biked or even took hot showers before clicking. However, there must be something we did wrong, cause NO ONE was able to click alone, whereas Guichet and Betz patients usually can do it. It would be interesting to share videos clicking to check what we can be improved in clicking technique.

does Giotikas G-nail have some differences compared to guichet and betz? i saw a youtube video showing how to click which appears to be easy but not sure which nail this is. i wonder if its exactly the same maneuver with G-nail?

Nyc brother

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2021, 01:32:43 PM »

Ok guys good news. There is 1 patient who is clicking by himself and does it with no pain. He even did a video for me. But he is 2 months after surgery. I’m trying to do his way by so far can’t.

But thank G-d the clicks today were very easy for me. I give G-d all the credit because yesterday they were very difficult. I just woke up today feeling good. I did not do anything special or extra to make the legs feel better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up