Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: G-nail Dr. Giotikas 10/27/2021  (Read 10054 times)

V21

Re: G-nail Dr. Giotikas 10/27/2021
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2021, 02:30:30 PM »

does Giotikas G-nail have some differences compared to guichet and betz? i saw a youtube video showing how to click which appears to be easy but not sure which nail this is. i wonder if its exactly the same maneuver with G-nail?

The mechanism is the same, so 100% we are doing something wrong. It's hard to understand until you have done the surgery, but it's not as easy as watching a video and doing it. Even a really mild change on the angle of the movement is really relevant to get the click or fail. As others are saying, no one in Greece has been consistently clicking alone, except apparently one guy who is doing it 2 months post surgery. I'd like to know at some point what were we doing wrong, just out of curiosity.

karin123

• Visitor
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2022, 10:22:21 PM »

Can you guys not just ask the doctor how it might be possibly wrong at clicking? It sounds very weird though since the doctor shall be aware that the others can click by themselves, which is not anything new.

canterk

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2022, 05:30:17 AM »

wondering about what karin123 said too. if it is known that only patients in Greece are having difficulties with the clicking what does Dr. G have to say about it?

Nyc brother

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2022, 11:38:20 AM »

Great news guys. Finally thank G-d Almighty we found a way to click which is not painful!

Some patients clicks with different methods and in different angles. I don’t why why this is and honestly I don’t know why we can’t click ourselves. I’m just super grateful to G-d to find a clicking method that is not painful.

canterk

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2022, 12:02:30 PM »

Great news guys. Finally thank G-d Almighty we found a way to click which is not painful!

Some patients clicks with different methods and in different angles. I don’t why why this is and honestly I don’t know why we can’t click ourselves. I’m just super grateful to G-d to find a clicking method that is not painful.

Did patients find out or the medical staff did? Care to share a video?

Nyc brother

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2022, 12:11:31 PM »

No man, unfortunately through lots of trial and error I found a method that works for me, I’m not saying it will work for other patients. But I will say the nurses really improved their techniques and clicking methods that make sure everyone clicks. I got a chance to meet lots of patients yesterday because we all had doctor appointments one after the other. I can tell you now that most patients have little pain clicking, which is great news. It’s usually the first click that can be a bit difficult.

Nyc brother

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2022, 02:48:39 PM »

so really it’s good new and bad news. The good news is there are ways to click that are not painful! The bad news is you need a companion/someone/nurse to do it with you. At least here in Athens so far.

karin123

• Visitor
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2022, 06:04:54 PM »

How did the doctor explain about the other doctors' patients' clicking by themselves? why can't you? there must be an explanation though no matter what, no?

canterk

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2022, 01:20:25 AM »

Btw nyc how much have you lengthened now? Any issues with flexibility yet?you think 10cm goal still within reach? Thanks and well wishes for you.

Nyc brother

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2022, 04:33:44 PM »

Doing well thank G-d. My flexibility is great again thank G-d. I did have severe tightness between 3.5CM to 5CM but thank G-d that passed. All is good now and all the  G-nail patients that passed the 2 months mark have very little pain.

And yes I want to the maximum. G-d will help me!

Nyc brother

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2022, 09:55:45 PM »

Overall I am very happy. I spoke to a few other patients and they said the same. One guy who was in the hospital with me at the same time is leaving on Friday.

It seems like once a person has the clicks figured out and they go easy everything is fine.

Its my own experience and its what I see. The patients who had easy clicking (but still needed someone to do if for them) are happy. Those who had difficulty clicking there was a lot of frustration and it really affects the entire mood and attitude.

The thing is you don’t know if you will have easy clicks or not until you actually do the surgery.

canterk

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2022, 03:01:38 PM »

hi Nyc brother. good to hear that other patients are doing fine with clicking. i hope you are too. how many hours you spend on stretching each day now that you have lengthened a lot?

Nyc brother

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2022, 06:55:19 PM »

Same. I didn’t increase stretching, I just stick to my routine.

Nyc brother

« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2022, 01:01:19 PM »

All 3 of my friends who I was in the hospital with and PT together have officially stopped clicking.

They are all doing great and very happy. One already left 3 weeks ago and one is leaving tomorrow.

Unfortunately they stopped visiting this forum so I have to update for them lol.

ilovescience

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2022, 02:28:03 PM »

All 3 of my friends who I was in the hospital with and PT together have officially stopped clicking.

They are all doing great and very happy. One already left 3 weeks ago and one is leaving tomorrow.

Unfortunately they stopped visiting this forum so I have to update for them lol.

Muscle tightness may occur, but if it's done under 5cm, it's not hard to deal with!?

Hatch

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2022, 05:31:50 PM »

How much Giotikas charges of nail removal? Thanks!

Nyc brother

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2022, 05:42:06 PM »

Hey, that’s a great question.

Honestly, I’m not at that stage yet so I don’t even know.

Most of us are trying to focus on G-nail and recovery, removal of nail seems so far away ;)

Achieverr

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2022, 05:32:07 AM »

Hi NYC ,
Great updates as usual,,
a question though , now the price offered by giotikas is around 48K Euros, and it is mentioned in the website that this includes the PT during lengthening (so we are not paying to PT outside , right ?)
Also it mentioned nursing assistance in their affiliated hotels, so if I am getting this right should not they help with the clicking as part of the package that we are paying for ?
and if once you have time would you mind please mention how much budget we need to allow other than the 48k to complete the lengthening and what are things that are excluded from giotikas package and that we needed to consider ?
Thanks,,
"We suffer more often in imagination than in reality"

Nyc brother

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2022, 08:11:40 AM »

Hey Achieverr,

Great questions!

So Giotikas and his administration have decided to redesign the package a bit.

Yes PT is included and always has been.

The main change starting February is they want new patients to pay about  €1,625 a month for hotel accommodations which will include food AND clicking services.

Until now living accommodations, food, clicks were the patients responsibility to arrange.

This change is for 2 reasons.

1. You see when we came we didn’t know we would need so much clicking help. We had to pay the nurses extra out of pocket to help. Now, many patients here come from wealthy backgrounds so they didn’t mind paying especially for getting quality service and comfort. If you had money would you not pay extra to getter more massages and clicking techniques that alleviate the pain? Of course you would. However there are some patients that are on a budget and they saw this as unexpected hidden fees. So they complained. [Please Remember you guys have way more information than we did when we came in late October. Today everyone knows that by Giotikas most patients need help with clicks.] Therefore they decided to revamp the package to make it all inclusive.

2. It makes “BJR” look more professional, like we are in some program and we are together. Plus the main aspect of patients being together can add tremendously to the support and encouragement of each other.

To reiterate, the biggest expense we had was paying for clicking services. Now that they will start including it, you will save money or at the least if not save money at least you won’t have “hidden fees”.

thankscience

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2022, 09:41:13 AM »

Thanks for the update Nyc brother!

An all inclusive package for accommodation, food, and clicking services for €1,625 seems like a good deal. Do you know which hotel this would be that patients stay at?

I can't see any updates yet about this on the BJR website.

Nyc brother

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2022, 09:50:31 AM »

It won’t be on the website.

When you email them they will tell you all this.

But yes I do know which hotel they are referring too.

“Montaza” Hotel.

https://montaza.gr/

Achieverr

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2022, 10:13:05 AM »

Hey Achieverr,

Great questions!

So Giotikas and his administration have decided to redesign the package a bit.

Yes PT is included and always has been.

The main change starting February is they want new patients to pay about  €1,625 a month for hotel accommodations which will include food AND clicking services.

Until now living accommodations, food, clicks were the patients responsibility to arrange.

This change is for 2 reasons.

1. You see when we came we didn’t know we would need so much clicking help. We had to pay the nurses extra out of pocket to help. Now, many patients here come from wealthy backgrounds so they didn’t mind paying especially for getting quality service and comfort. If you had money would you not pay extra to getter more massages and clicking techniques that alleviate the pain? Of course you would. However there are some patients that are on a budget and they saw this as unexpected hidden fees. So they complained. [Please Remember you guys have way more information than we did when we came in late October. Today everyone knows that by Giotikas most patients need help with clicks.] Therefore they decided to revamp the package to make it all inclusive.

2. It makes “BJR” look more professional, like we are in some program and we are together. Plus the main aspect of patients being together can add tremendously to the support and encouragement of each other.

To reiterate, the biggest expense we had was paying for clicking services. Now that they will start including it, you will save money or at the least if not save money at least you won’t have “hidden fees”.

Thanks NYC,
yes this make much more sense now ,
Now I am considering him , count down started  :P so the plan is to do the surgery within the first week of may and stay for a month after that .
do I need to start consultation now with Giotikas to agree how on moving forward , he has this 15 min online consultation should I sign up for that or just drop them an email , what do you think ?
"We suffer more often in imagination than in reality"

Nyc brother

« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2022, 10:20:02 AM »

Send them an email.

They are very responsive.

“May” should definitely be enough time for them to schedule your surgery if you contact them now.

Do the 15 minute consultation, you have nothing to lose.

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2022, 10:29:58 AM »

@ NYC thanks for posting as always!

@ Achieverr. The online consultation is worth doing. Enable you to build a rapport with the surgeon and express your ideas/goals. Then you will be sent documents for you to review and return. Or if you’re based in London you can arrange an appointment with Dr Giotikas at 10 Harley Street for a paid assessment etc.

FYI Regarding the clicking as I understand (NYC do correct me if I’m wrong) depending on your LL goal even after a month you will most likely still require assistance with the clicking mechanism.

All the best
Stretch

Nyc brother

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2022, 10:35:08 AM »

Yes everyone has clicking assistance even in month 2 and 3.

There is one patient here  trying to click by himself.

He has days when he can get some clicks with lots of difficulty and some days he can’t. It’s a tough spot because not everyone has an extra few grand $$$ to pay a month for assistance.

canterk

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2022, 12:57:21 PM »

Thanks for updates nyc as always. How much did your friend who had surgery the same day but left early lengthen?

Good to know also about the package. By food and click service included this means you pay Dr Giotikas office the 1,600/mo and they will book the hotel for you and feed you 3x/day? That is a good deal, it works out to less than 60 Eur per night only

Nyc brother

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2022, 01:13:41 PM »

Thanks for updates nyc as always. How much did your friend who had surgery the same day but left early lengthen?

Good to know also about the package. By food and click service included this means you pay Dr Giotikas office the 1,600/mo and they will book the hotel for you and feed you 3x/day? That is a good deal, it works out to less than 60 Eur per night only

Yes about the package. But food I think it’s just 2x a day.

My friends did 7CM

canterk

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2022, 07:52:30 PM »

oh, nice. 2x a day isn't bad either. maybe this offer will entice more patients to go with Dr G despite the clicking difficulties.

thankscience

« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2022, 11:59:20 PM »

Thanks for the information @Nyc brother!

How possible do you think it is to do much sightseeing around Athens with g-nail? Would this be an issue?

Nyc brother

« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2022, 04:40:27 PM »

Yes, you can do sightseeing a month after surgery.

But for most patients they focus more on their recovery and relaxation.

Patients go out sometimes on the weekend but it’s not something they do regularly.

Nyc brother

« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2022, 06:13:53 PM »

Hey guys,

I want to mention something really important I didn’t talk about before.

PT is crucial!!

I would never do the surgery and then leave after a week and then basically clicking and PT is on me. A huge part why I am here is because PT is included in the package. 4/7 days a week.

Dr. Giotikas is a amazing surgeon - top notch.

BUT aftercare is really the PT and nurses.

My PT person is amazing. I had problems with my IT bands, I had really bad hip pain for two weeks. She is constantly monitoring me. She made me work my ass off at PT to help me.  I will forever be grateful to her.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up