Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BEWARE of Stryde  (Read 1026 times)

zaozari

BEWARE of Stryde
« on: November 05, 2021, 01:38:25 PM »

This article was published in past August in The Bone and Joint Journal.

Altough it's only one article (I haven't made any additional research on the subject), it's peer reviewed and the study was done in a very significant sample (366 individuals).

It is therefore conclusive that Stryde raises serious worries and it is not trustable even after some "adjustments". It may probably have an original , intrinsic flaw.

I was considering Stryde despite the problems occurred and it being recalled. But now I eliminate that option at least until a really new Stryde sucessor is invented and proves it's quality and safety, at least in trials in mammals and, after that, used in the more optimistic voluntary LL pioneers (not wise  even if they offer the nail for free initially to  some).

I call the attention of Stryde current candidates to reconsider their option in countries where Stryde was NOT recalled, and confront their candidate doctors with this (it's also a "test" to their commitment to "safety first" and being updated), Altough it's not possible to read every journal,  this article surely should have raised red flags in the LL doctors community.

At the same time, the current Stryde "users" shouldn't panic because these problems are not usually irreversible, allmost 25% didn't have these problems and among others either the problem doesn't allways cause manifestations or one may just need some special treatment or intervention.
Unfortunately  G-nail wasn't tested here.

Part of the article:

"Overall, 77% of STRYDE nails (20/26) had bone abnormalities at the interface compared with only 2% of FITBONE (4/242) and 1% of PRECICE nails (1/98; p < 0.001). Focal osteolysis in conjunction with periosteal reaction at the telescoping interface was only observed in STRYDE nails."

Link:
https://online.boneandjoint.org.uk/doi/full/10.1302/0301-620X.103B.BJJ-2021-0549.R1?utm_source=TrendMD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=The_Bone_%2526_Joint_Journal_TrendMD_0
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 02:16:07 PM by zaozari »

BoneStretching

Re: BEWARE of Stryde
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 05:13:20 PM »

I am curious if anyone knows where I can find the prognosis if you did experience some of these side effects. Does it heal after you take them out?

God speed to all.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 02:23:39 AM »

Never mind. Paley can finish Option 5 for me with P nails.

Dexter5729

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 07:39:31 AM »

This article was published in past August in The Bone and Joint Journal.

Altough it's only one article (I haven't made any additional research on the subject), it's peer reviewed and the study was done in a very significant sample (366 individuals).

It is therefore conclusive that Stryde raises serious worries and it is not trustable even after some "adjustments". It may probably have an original , intrinsic flaw.

I was considering Stryde despite the problems occurred and it being recalled. But now I eliminate that option at least until a really new Stryde sucessor is invented and proves it's quality and safety, at least in trials in mammals and, after that, used in the more optimistic voluntary LL pioneers (not wise  even if they offer the nail for free initially to  some).

I call the attention of Stryde current candidates to reconsider their option in countries where Stryde was NOT recalled, and confront their candidate doctors with this (it's also a "test" to their commitment to "safety first" and being updated), Altough it's not possible to read every journal,  this article surely should have raised red flags in the LL doctors community.

At the same time, the current Stryde "users" shouldn't panic because these problems are not usually irreversible, allmost 25% didn't have these problems and among others either the problem doesn't allways cause manifestations or one may just need some special treatment or intervention.
Unfortunately  G-nail wasn't tested here.

Part of the article:

"Overall, 77% of STRYDE nails (20/26) had bone abnormalities at the interface compared with only 2% of FITBONE (4/242) and 1% of PRECICE nails (1/98; p < 0.001). Focal osteolysis in conjunction with periosteal reaction at the telescoping interface was only observed in STRYDE nails."

Link:
https://online.boneandjoint.org.uk/doi/full/10.1302/0301-620X.103B.BJJ-2021-0549.R1?utm_source=TrendMD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=The_Bone_%2526_Joint_Journal_TrendMD_0
so the good old pure external or LON might appear to be the best option all over again?

Sorcerer

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 07:42:45 AM »

so the good old pure external or LON might appear to be the best option all over again?
You can try Precise nails. Pure external for tibias is okay but for femurs it will be hell, certainly.

Dexter5729

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2022, 08:06:00 AM »

You can try Precise nails. Pure external for tibias is okay but for femurs it will be hell, certainly.
i already did lon with tibias

Sorcerer

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2022, 10:11:07 AM »

i already did lon with tibias
I am not deliberately pouring a backet of cold water onto you, but I heard of bad stuffs like external tibial lengthening will shrink your height probably after you finish the surgeries. It's not always the case but it will indeed probably happen. Be aware if you really got the height you want to be.

Dexter5729

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2022, 06:18:46 PM »

I am not deliberately pouring a backet of cold water onto you, but I heard of bad stuffs like external tibial lengthening will shrink your height probably after you finish the surgeries. It's not always the case but it will indeed probably happen. Be aware if you really got the height you want to be.
I did lon not pure external. Yeah, thats fine tho, i would be ok for 0.5cm lost or even 1cm still better than whatever bone degeneration stuff mentioned above. Scary stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Up