Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2021 Surgery of Femur Greece GNail Giotikas  (Read 11897 times)

Bagga

Re: 2021 Surgery of Femur Greece GNail Giotikas
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2022, 02:01:57 AM »

Were they all doing internal femur lengthening? I've always believed that internal femur is more dangerous and that more things can easily go wrong.

And to add, Dr. Catagni and Dr. Solomin have reported 1 death each from anesthesia complications the last time I talked to them. Maybe the number has increased since but I certainly hope not.

I'm not sure about that. It shouldn't be so dangerous especially for the tibias. It's far from internal organs like heart, lungs or brain. I don't think we should say there is a true chance of dying. But again, there is also a true chance that we may die on the airplane on the way to Athens.

Hi dude
Forum Folks and you are not doctor, stop making your own assumptions.
Take the opinions or feedback as a guide not rule or yardstick for your decision.

The best option is to consult a few LL doctors and do full detailed body check up in your country hospital.
Every surgery will have risk, it is matter of quantify risk level and an individual Physical body conditions

You can classify the risk level of 3 out 10 is high, other may view it as low.
My Gnail pain level was low (2 or 3 out 10) since day one and my clicking was easy.
My Journey in LL was uneventful which was totally different what others Gnail patients feedback here.

You are smart guy and should determine what is amplification, dramatization and overstatement in this Forum.
In life, if your fears overshadow your hopes, you should cancel or change your plan.

Take Care!

-

« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2022, 03:26:14 PM »

Hi dude
Forum Folks and you are not doctor, stop making your own assumptions.
Take the opinions or feedback as a guide not rule or yardstick for your decision.

The best option is to consult a few LL doctors and do full detailed body check up in your country hospital.
Every surgery will have risk, it is matter of quantify risk level and an individual Physical body conditions

You can classify the risk level of 3 out 10 is high, other may view it as low.
My Gnail pain level was low (2 or 3 out 10) since day one and my clicking was easy.
My Journey in LL was uneventful which was totally different what others Gnail patients feedback here.

You are smart guy and should determine what is amplification, dramatization and overstatement in this Forum.
In life, if your fears overshadow your hopes, you should cancel or change your plan.

Take Care!

I'm not a doctor and I'm just pointing out the fact that most (if not all) of the cases that ended up real bad like this dead patient and Unicorn are from doing internal femur lengthening. And this consistency is too strong to be just a coincidence.

Low pain level doesn't mean safer.

Bagga

« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2022, 03:58:48 PM »

I'm not a doctor and I'm just pointing out the fact that most (if not all) of the cases that ended up real bad like this dead patient and Unicorn are from doing internal femur lengthening. And this consistency is too strong to be just a coincidence.

Low pain level doesn't mean safer.

dun do it then

medium

• Visitor
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2022, 05:36:27 PM »

Bagga are there no new patients there right now? How come nobody is writing diaries or even updating them?

canterk

« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2022, 03:27:10 PM »

I would also like to know if there are any new patients after this unfortunate event happened?

Bagga

« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2022, 03:26:25 PM »

Bagga are there no new patients there right now? How come nobody is writing diaries or even updating them?
There are new patients as far as i know
why no diary?  you are funny to ask such question, it is up to individual to write and share their experiences

jipaya5549

• Visitor
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2022, 06:02:40 PM »

There is also a case of a guy who started a diary and deleted it a week or so after the surgery. At first I thought that people just didn`t see that much value in writing new gnail diaries after that first wave, now I think it is little bit suspicious.

Bagga

« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2022, 03:36:32 AM »

There is also a case of a guy who started a diary and deleted it a week or so after the surgery. At first I thought that people just didn`t see that much value in writing new gnail diaries after that first wave, now I think it is little bit suspicious.
The best thing for you to do - not to speculate, book appointment with Doctor, talk with him and get existing or ex patients for references.
You can also consult few LL doctors before making your decision

medium

• Visitor
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2022, 05:10:05 AM »

The best thing for you to do - not to speculate, book appointment with Doctor, talk with him and get existing or ex patients for references.
You can also consult few LL doctors before making your decision

Ex patients obviously won't agree.

Bagga

« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2022, 02:23:56 PM »

Ex patients obviously won't agree.
Speculation and Wild guess again in this Forum!
From what i know, Doc did request existing patients to email to the new patients to share the experiences.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2022, 08:20:36 PM »

Hey bagga, what was your experience like with the Montaza Hotel or the Hyatt Hotel in Athens? It seems Dr. Gioitkas has patients stay there for 4 weeks

SpeedDialer

« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2022, 08:24:33 PM »

hey nyc! For Giotikas in Athens, what have been your thoughts on the Montaza Hotel vs Hyatt hotel! Currently planning to stay in Athens in the Montaza hotel for the handicap room for 1 month and then a most standard room the rest of the time. Heard its noisy. Might look into switching to Hyatt if the noise gets too bad.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2022, 08:30:11 PM »

@Masteryourlife People die in the hospital all the time so that really is not a great test of the quality of the hospital.  The original hospital (Mediterraneo) which I think was horrible in customer service, in fact had nothing to do with his death.  He died in another hospital and it was probably too late by time he got to them. I also bet this local hospital did not have the latest and greatest equipment or medical team.  There are probably people who died in each LL program. This one is well known because so many patients were there in Greece at the time and only one of them was bold enough to create this thread.

The chief nurse dressed in tight spandex pants and low cut, short and tight shirts.  I prefer to have a skilled nurse that dresses in a professional manner than one that dresses provocatively. I did not find her to be highly skilled in communications and for that reason I would not let her come to my airbnb to help for nothing.  She is not the reason the others did well. Maybe they did well in spite of her. All she did is help people click, transport and help with other tasks. I clicked way better without her.  However, if the poor guy was sick prior to that date and had pain that he told to the chief nurse and she, chalked it up to the LL surgery, did not tell the doctor or urge a D-dimer test or an ultrasound, then she was negligent.  This though I don't know.

I had a blood clot in a small vein in my lower right leg before.  Don't know where it came from.  It felt weird, like my leg was partially asleep. I  noticed the difference in blood flow in the leg.  Something wasn't right. I could walk and exercise but it felt worse when I was laying down. Mostly weird feeling but not so much pain. I kept trying to massage it to bring it to life. I researched the internet to try to find out what it could be.  You can't see it in an xray. I had to argue with the doctors to get an ultrasound because I had no risk factors.  Eventually they gave me an ultrasound. It went away with baby aspirin and B-12. I felt it right away when it was gone. This clot though was not DVT because it was not in a deep vein.

We don't have autopsy results so we don't know if fasting was the cause of the blood clot. Like Jack Hanna said it produces only a minimal increase in the risk.   Dr. Giotikas always prescribed blood thinners but only for about 3 weeks.  He told me he hasn't decided to prescribe it for the entire lengthening phase. He even sent an official email stating the same.  Interesting that @Jack Hanna says he now prescribes it longer. So maybe he has changed since he sent the email.

Many doctors with extensive legal teams have been brought down with a skilled plaintiff's legal team. I for one don't have enough information to blame anyone. We haven't seen the evidence.  Sometimes unforeseen occurrences befall us.

hey! I'm going to do g-nail internal femur at the Montaza Hotel. What should I know about the nurses, the PT, embolisms, and Montaza Hotel before going?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2022, 08:31:16 PM »

What are your thoughts on massage guns in addition to the PT in Athens? Bad idea? Unsure if I want to buy 100 USD for a massage gun but I heard some good things about it
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up