Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 2021 Surgery of Femur Greece GNail Giotikas  (Read 11893 times)

thankscience

Re: 2021 Surgery of Femur Greece GNail Giotikas
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2021, 09:16:44 AM »

The pacient was not vaccinated, that's why I thought COVID could be a reason, cause it can cause blood clots (happened to my father, mildly). However, both him and Morning Star tested negative, so it seems it was just flu probably.
I wonder if the patient had COVID in the past, and was maybe suffering "long COVID" or had some sort of side effect from it.

Another relevant fact: it happened 6-7 weeks after surgery. I think that's the craziest thing here, as far as I know the chances of embolism so long after surgery should be extremely low (with a full weight bearing nail).
This is what is crazy to me too.

LegendKiller

• Visitor
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2021, 03:31:44 PM »

As a former betz patient I was prescribed xarelto for the entire length of distraction and betzbone is full weight baring as well. Kinda weird to me that giotikas just leaves xarelto out a few weeks post surgery. Rather be safe than sorry when it comes to blood cloths and stuff. I didn't like taking all these pills either but it was necessary.
What a sad thing.
Starting height: 172cm

Final height : 182,5cm

c

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2021, 06:06:39 PM »

虽然这个事情已经被确定真实了。但我很想看到官方声明或者报道

Phoenix21

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2021, 05:04:44 PM »

I agree with you.
All the medical team is familiar with the patient's diet, medication and lifestyle, both before and during surgery.
But even if this was an exception and the doctor forgot, the chief nurse was with him all day! She knew his diet, did his shopping, saw what he was eating all day! For god's sake!
To me this is very serious, and to anyone who is going to have surgery with Giotikas in Athens I would recommend to look at a external nursing team/PT on their own. At least this way you know who you are hiring, how experienced they are and how they treat you.
Because after this, I honestly would not feel at all comfortable or confident being under the care of the same team that "took care" of this guy.

Masteryourlife

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2021, 06:09:23 PM »

I agree with you.
All the medical team is familiar with the patient's diet, medication and lifestyle, both before and during surgery.
But even if this was an exception and the doctor forgot, the chief nurse was with him all day! She knew his diet, did his shopping, saw what he was eating all day! For god's sake!
To me this is very serious, and to anyone who is going to have surgery with Giotikas in Athens I would recommend to look at a external nursing team/PT on their own. At least this way you know who you are hiring, how experienced they are and how they treat you.
Because after this, I honestly would not feel at all comfortable or confident being under the care of the same team that "took care" of this guy.

Finally someone who actually says something as well .
We don't know how much but the doctor and the nurses have a relevance in what happened !
Period.
I would not trust the dr and the hospital in general .
Idk about you but I would not feel at all comfortable in a place where someone died .

Jack Hanma

• Visitor
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2021, 07:39:35 PM »

Now, this is a pretty ignorant comment right here. The chief nurse was with the guy for quite a while and did his shopping and eating habits, but she did the same with many other patients and even with the "late" guy's roommate, all of who are in excellent condition. She and the guy's roommate urged him not to do fasting for obvious reasons such as the need for calories while under such an invasive surgery. But as with anyone he was very confident in his approach and didn't heed the advice. As of now the doctor has changed his approach and has started to prescribe blood thinners to all the patients for a longer time. A 5-minute google search can prove that blood clots with fasting is extremely rare almost improbable. The obvious answer to me would be the blood thinners. Also, the reason the doctor is so confident with his claim of 'fasting' causing clots and not his idiotic approach of not prescribing blood thinners even during the hospital stay (my case) is that he has a massive legal team behind him which in a country such as Greece would bankrupt anyone who would try to litigate him. Don't be fooled. I've seen the doctor's approach regarding this case and I am not a fan of it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 09:02:14 PM by Jack Hanma »

LU213

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2021, 08:19:09 PM »

@Masteryourlife People die in the hospital all the time so that really is not a great test of the quality of the hospital.  The original hospital (Mediterraneo) which I think was horrible in customer service, in fact had nothing to do with his death.  He died in another hospital and it was probably too late by time he got to them. I also bet this local hospital did not have the latest and greatest equipment or medical team.  There are probably people who died in each LL program. This one is well known because so many patients were there in Greece at the time and only one of them was bold enough to create this thread.

The chief nurse dressed in tight spandex pants and low cut, short and tight shirts.  I prefer to have a skilled nurse that dresses in a professional manner than one that dresses provocatively. I did not find her to be highly skilled in communications and for that reason I would not let her come to my airbnb to help for nothing.  She is not the reason the others did well. Maybe they did well in spite of her. All she did is help people click, transport and help with other tasks. I clicked way better without her.  However, if the poor guy was sick prior to that date and had pain that he told to the chief nurse and she, chalked it up to the LL surgery, did not tell the doctor or urge a D-dimer test or an ultrasound, then she was negligent.  This though I don't know.

I had a blood clot in a small vein in my lower right leg before.  Don't know where it came from.  It felt weird, like my leg was partially asleep. I  noticed the difference in blood flow in the leg.  Something wasn't right. I could walk and exercise but it felt worse when I was laying down. Mostly weird feeling but not so much pain. I kept trying to massage it to bring it to life. I researched the internet to try to find out what it could be.  You can't see it in an xray. I had to argue with the doctors to get an ultrasound because I had no risk factors.  Eventually they gave me an ultrasound. It went away with baby aspirin and B-12. I felt it right away when it was gone. This clot though was not DVT because it was not in a deep vein.

We don't have autopsy results so we don't know if fasting was the cause of the blood clot. Like Jack Hanna said it produces only a minimal increase in the risk.   Dr. Giotikas always prescribed blood thinners but only for about 3 weeks.  He told me he hasn't decided to prescribe it for the entire lengthening phase. He even sent an official email stating the same.  Interesting that @Jack Hanna says he now prescribes it longer. So maybe he has changed since he sent the email.

Many doctors with extensive legal teams have been brought down with a skilled plaintiff's legal team. I for one don't have enough information to blame anyone. We haven't seen the evidence.  Sometimes unforeseen occurrences befall us. 

V21

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2021, 08:46:21 PM »

@Masteryourlife People die in the hospital all the time so that really is not a great test of the quality of the hospital.  The original hospital (Mediterraneo) which I think was horrible in customer service, in fact had nothing to do with his death.  He died in another hospital and it was probably too late by time he got to them. I also bet this local hospital did not have the latest and greatest equipment or medical team.  There are probably people who died in each LL program. This one is well known because so many patients were there in Greece at the time and only one of them was bold enough to create this thread.

The chief nurse dressed in tight spandex pants and low cut, short and tight shirts.  I prefer to have a skilled nurse that dresses in a professional manner than one that dresses provocatively. I did not find her to be highly skilled in communications and for that reason I would not let her come to my airbnb to help for nothing.  She is not the reason the others did well. Maybe they did well in spite of her. All she did is help people click, transport and help with other tasks. I clicked way better without her.  However, if the poor guy was sick prior to that date and had pain that he told to the chief nurse and she, chalked it up to the LL surgery, did not tell the doctor or urge a D-dimer test or an ultrasound, then she was negligent.  This though I don't know.

I had a blood clot in a small vein in my lower right leg before.  Don't know where it came from.  It felt weird, like my leg was partially asleep. I  noticed the difference in blood flow in the leg.  Something wasn't right. I could walk and exercise but it felt worse when I was laying down. Mostly weird feeling but not so much pain. I kept trying to massage it to bring it to life. I researched the internet to try to find out what it could be.  You can't see it in an xray. I had to argue with the doctors to get an ultrasound because I had no risk factors.  Eventually they gave me an ultrasound. It went away with baby aspirin and B-12. I felt it right away when it was gone. This clot though was not DVT because it was not in a deep vein.

We don't have autopsy results so we don't know if fasting was the cause of the blood clot. Like Jack Hanna said it produces only a minimal increase in the risk.   Dr. Giotikas always prescribed blood thinners but only for about 3 weeks.  He told me he hasn't decided to prescribe it for the entire lengthening phase. He even sent an official email stating the same.  Interesting that @Jack Hanna says he now prescribes it longer. So maybe he has changed since he sent the email.

Many doctors with extensive legal teams have been brought down with a skilled plaintiff's legal team. I for one don't have enough information to blame anyone. We haven't seen the evidence.  Sometimes unforeseen occurrences befall us.
It's true that now it seems like he changed his mind, as a current patient in Greece told me they have been given Xarelto for 10 extra days.

Nyc brother

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2021, 08:46:40 PM »

Hey guys, I’m here in Greece. On Saturday it’s going to be one month. Thank G-d all is good. I do have some pain in different places but they pass. Anyways back to business.

Here all the patients know each other and are very friendly.
After this unfortunate incident the doctor prescribed Xarelto for everyone for another 8 days.
Meaning instead of 16 days now it’s 24 days. (He tells you to keep two for the flight back so total 26 tablets)

Regarding the chief nurse. She told me a few times that she told the patient “P” not to fast, plus the day before this accident happened she told him he looks pale and he needs a check up and to rest.
Please remember just the week before he had the flu.

Jack Hanma

• Visitor
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2021, 08:53:44 PM »

Now I cannot say anything about the dressing manner of the nurse, that is entirely an opinion, but what I will say is please don't discredit anyone without working with them. Or simply don't judge a book by its cover. Makes you sound pretty stupid. Since I was the first G-nail patient and the doctor knew nothing about the clicking pain and what could minimize it, I called for her help to help me click, in fact, the other Patient V21 and the "late" patient did as well. Her main strength is that she actually tries her best at making your procedure as comfortable as possible. She was very responsive and helped figure out ways to click all while minimizing pain. In the beginning when my pain was almost 9/10 while clicking with the doctor's technique I and her would have a 3-hour session where we did lots of stretching, massage, and various other things that would help with clicking pain. I liked her service so much that I decided to hire her to take over my whole lengthening period. In fact, the clicking technique current patients use wasn't discovered by the doctor. It was in fact discovered by the chief nurse who was working on my clicking and had the idea. Now I had an issue with the doctor and the PT center because the PT center damaged my left calf muscle while doing a hamstring stretch, thus I decided to hire her for physiotherapy as well, and what do you know, I didn't go to PT nor followed the doctor's ridiculous advice of doing 1.33mm lengthening each day and had a better recovery than everyone who followed the doctor and went to the PT center. I was walking without support after one-month post OP. I credit most of that to the Chief nurse. Most people who come here can vouch for her. I will write a better summary about her in my post.

LU213

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2021, 09:40:20 PM »

You speak without knowledge if you say V21 was a fan of the nurse. People who call other people stupid because they don't agree with their opinions expose themselves for what they are.  Arrogant. People are allowed to have different opinions. I didn't judge her by her cover.  I said I didn't find her highly skilled in communications.  You came alone so you had no choice but to get help.  If you chose to use a person who wasn't trained in PT to do your PT that is your decision.  She did not discover the clicking method. Betz did. I used it on day 2 after watching the Betz video.  I even recorded myself on that day and shared the video with others. I ultimately found a better method in a Guichet video. You have no idea on my recovery to conclude you had a better recovery than me.  From what are you basing that your recovery was better than anyone - your mind?  Or did the nurse tell you that?   My recovery is excellent.  Just because you liked her doesn't mean I have to.  If Dr. Giotikas was dressed in Spandex, at every appointment would you have chosen him? I am sure the deceased is vouching for her right now from the grave.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 11:53:05 PM by LU213 »

Masteryourlife

« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2021, 10:17:53 PM »

I am not a patient and didn't live all this in first person but I feel that the dress code of the nurse does not make her bad but brings some doubts on the professional aspect which includes the dress code too .
I would like to focus on a passage where the guy up here  @jackhanma says that giotikas told to him to lengthen 1.33 per day and that the pt damaged him qka was really bad .
Now...even the most ignorant and unaware kid of the forum knows that past 1mm per day should NOT be a thing ans this doctor tells to a patient to do 1.33 ?
Hopefully the guy did not follow him but YOU ALL PAYED  a heck of money for that and the PT is trash ?
In a country were salaries are so low ,meaning that given the price of the procedure the PTs hired should be the top of the top of Greece.
You should not be the one to check on doctor/nurse job but rather the opposite where they stop you from doing stupid things .
On top of that ,the fact he added extra days to his blood thinner prescriptions says a lot .
More then arguing between us , we should be thankfull that someone brought this up and from it many others like you guys are sharing their experiences exposing some bad major mistakes .

To summarize the dr mistakes  :
-suggested overlenghening of 1.33mm x day
-bad/harmful PT
-not accurate med prescription
- inexperienced with the clicking mechanism even tho he offers 2 mechanical  nails

Do we need more ?

Phoenix21

• Visitor
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2021, 10:23:09 PM »

You speak without knowledge if you say V21 was a fan of the nurse. People who call other people stupid because they don't agree with their opinions expose themselves for what they are.  Arrogant. People are allowed to have different opinions. I didn't judge her by her cover.  I said I didn't find her highly skilled in communications.  You came alone so you had no choice but to get help.  If you chose to use a person who wasn't trained in PT to do your PT that is your decision.  She did not discover the clicking method. Betz did. I used it on day 2 after watching the Betz video.  I even recorded myself on that day and shared the video with others. I ultimately found a better method in a Guichet video. You have no idea on my recovery to conclude you had a better recovery than me.  From what are you basing that your recovery was better than anyone - your mind?  Or did the nurse tell you that?   My recovery is excellent.  Just because you liked her doesn't mean I have to.  If Dr. Giotikas was dressed in Spandex, at every appointment would you have chosen him? I am sure the deceased is vouching for her right now in heaven. lol.

I completely agree with you.
If I pay this amount of money I expect a treatment and a presence according to their marketing and price. Something that I do not see reflected.
I prefer a professional and specialized team rather than see some chick in tights.
If I wanted other types of services, I would have sought them out.
But who comes here comes for surgery, looking for a professional and serious team, not to a team that many of them have not even finished their medical degree and works with such high risk patients.
The nurse's team is basically a bunch of college kids, maybe they have no other way to earn money so they do this. Ridiculous way to earn money if you want to have a good career after you finish college but that's up to them, but the doctor knowing how risky this operation is and how important postop care is should not hire people like this, but a professional team, in all aspects.
And I repeat, even more so after all the money we paid for this.
Now, if there are certain patients who defend the nurses and the chief nurse so much, well, that's up to them with their personal preferences, I prioritize my life before some juvenile hormones.
But if they are so impressionable as to even defend a team that has made so many mistakes lately, I question the professionalism and ethics of this team in relation to patients, and their relationship/s with them.

V21

« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2021, 10:26:41 PM »

I am not a patient and didn't live all this in first person but I feel that the dress code of the nurse does not make her bad but brings some doubts on the professional aspect which includes the dress code too .
I would like to focus on a passage where the guy up here  @jackhanma says that giotikas told to him to lengthen 1.33 per day and that the pt damaged him qka was really bad .
Now...even the most ignorant and unaware kid of the forum knows that past 1mm per day should NOT be a thing ans this doctor tells to a patient to do 1.33 ?
Hopefully the guy did not follow him but YOU ALL PAYED  a heck of money for that and the PT is trash ?
In a country were salaries are so low ,meaning that given the price of the procedure the PTs hired should be the top of the top of Greece.
You should not be the one to check on doctor/nurse job but rather the opposite where they stop you from doing stupid things .
On top of that ,the fact he added extra days to his blood thinner prescriptions says a lot .
More then arguing between us , we should be thankfull that someone brought this up and from it many others like you guys are sharing their experiences exposing some bad major mistakes .

To summarize the dr mistakes  :
-suggested overlenghening of 1.33mm x day
-bad/harmful PT
-not accurate med prescription
- inexperienced with the clicking mechanism even tho he offers 2 mechanical  nails

Do we need more ?

It's not fair to say that the PT guys were trash. Most of us consider they are competent.  It's quite painful, but it's supossed to be. Regarding the overlenghtening, I was told to do 1.33 for a week cause my bone growth was too fast, and I did, but it seems that everyone is being told to that. I don't know the reasoning behind this, but it can't be necesary for everyone. I know for a fact that most patients don't do it and keep the normal 1 mm pace during that week, and they are all perfectly fine. My pace was like 1 mm per day first three weeks, 1.33 per day un fourth week, and 0.78 per day until the end soon after that.

Regarding the other points, I do agree that there is inexperience regarding the clicking mechanism, and this is something I want to discuss further in my diary, as I think (comparing with other Betz or Guichet patients) that there must be easier ways to click. I do think the nail is great though, I'm quite happy I chose it instead of Precice.

Masteryourlife

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2021, 11:01:18 PM »

It's not fair to say that the PT guys were trash. Most of us consider they are competent.  It's quite painful, but it's supossed to be. Regarding the overlenghtening, I was told to do 1.33 for a week cause my bone growth was too fast, and I did, but it seems that everyone is being told to that. I don't know the reasoning behind this, but it can't be necesary for everyone. I know for a fact that most patients don't do it and keep the normal 1 mm pace during that week, and they are all perfectly fine. My pace was like 1 mm per day first three weeks, 1.33 per day un fourth week, and 0.78 per day until the end soon after that.

Regarding the other points, I do agree that there is inexperience regarding the clicking mechanism, and this is something I want to discuss further in my diary, as I think (comparing with other Betz or Guichet patients) that there must be easier ways to click. I do think the nail is great though, I'm quite happy I chose it instead of Precice.
About PT I quoted what the other patient said but overall..too many  ifs for the price you pay for it .
Idk glad some of you had good outcomes but for prospective patients I would not gamble .
I would choose someone else

Jack Hanma

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2021, 11:04:02 PM »

You speak without knowledge if you say V21 was a fan of the nurse. People who call other people stupid because they don't agree with their opinions expose themselves for what they are.  Arrogant. People are allowed to have different opinions. I didn't judge her by her cover.  I said I didn't find her highly skilled in communications.  You came alone so you had no choice but to get help.  If you chose to use a person who wasn't trained in PT to do your PT that is your decision.  She did not discover the clicking method. Betz did. I used it on day 2 after watching the Betz video.  I even recorded myself on that day and shared the video with others. I ultimately found a better method in a Guichet video. You have no idea on my recovery to conclude you had a better recovery than me.  From what are you basing that your recovery was better than anyone - your mind?  Or did the nurse tell you that?   My recovery is excellent.  Just because you liked her doesn't mean I have to.  If Dr. Giotikas was dressed in Spandex, at every appointment would you have chosen him? I am sure the deceased is vouching for her right now in heaven. lol.

"People who call other people stupid because they don't agree with their opinions expose themselves for what they are.  Arrogant."
This is quite ironic. Calling me arrogant should make you arrogant in this case, no? :o Well, you didn't like her dress code, that is your opinion, I got no issue with that. You say people are allowed to have opinions but then go on and make an assumption that the nurse is telling me things, which is pretty weird???

"She is not the reason the others did well." Now how is this not judging a book by its cover? C'mon man, did you leave your common sense behind in Greece?

But enough with childish insults, what you have said in your post is pretty judgmental and senseless, to say the least. I never said anyone liked her or needed to. You see when most normal people have two broken legs and are suffering in unbearable pain and neither the doctor nor the Physio is helping them, dress code and some fine English is the last thing they look for, guess it isn't the case for you. After all, who am I to say you aren't normal, am I right. Since you seem to think you are so knowledgeable, did you know that 2 out of 3 physio's in the PT center don't have any background in physiotherapy and are just random moms and dads that the doctor grabbed out of nowhere? And guess what, those "certified" physios damaged me and a couple of other patients while charging more for the service than the nurse. Patients not going to PT and hiring the head nurse isn't an unusual phenomenon, many patients have done this before. That should say a lot about the Doctor and PT center's approach. More so the PT center was reestablished less than a year ago, and it was actually made smaller, go figure. It is not even the doctor's own PT center, he has rented it. It is a small PT center where there are 5 PT beds and 10 patients, most of which aren't even LL patients. The only one who knows anything about physiotherapy is the head of the PT center and he never does any PT on anyone? Compared to the head nurse who has certifications in PT and massage therapy and is actually a certified nurse, anyone who comes here knows that the nurses are running most of Giotikas's business. He is a great surgeon, but the aftercare is pretty much absent without the nursing team.

You weren't even here when we were clicking with the doctor's miserable technique. You came at just the right time when everything was figured out and tested. Also, how are you gonna take advantage of her service free of charge and talk   about her man, very low of you? I can say she found the clicking technique because no one was doing it prior to her. We were all clicking in the worst way imaginable and had 9/10 pain only for the doctor to disregard our suffering and ignore us. Then me, "p", and the nurse figured the clicking technique and shared it with all the patients, not you lol. You found the standing clicking technique, not the one that patients are using currently, so respectfully stop bull ting.

Now it is true I know nothing of your physical recovery since you left so soon. But seems like you need to focus more on recovering your common sense and sense of empathy since you are comfortable with dragging a deceased patient to boost your little banter. I knew him personally and this is pretty fked up and lowly of you man. Ultimately I hope you recover well not only physically but also mentally since you seem to be missing that bit.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 11:25:23 PM by Jack Hanma »

V21

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2021, 11:24:59 PM »

About PT I quoted what the other patient said but overall..too many  ifs for the price you pay for it .
Idk glad some of you had good outcomes but for prospective patients I would not gamble .
I would choose someone else
I like Assayag a lot, he seems like he really cares about patients, but the issue is that know he only offers Precice for femurs. As a patient in recovery, I can tell weightbearing is key, and with Precice I would probably be terrified of damaging the nail. Out of curiosity, what surgeon would you choose? Weight bearing nails with femurs are offered by Betz, Giotikas and Guichet, and I would choose Giotikas, even though I agree with some of the criticts in this thread. Of course, the issue is different if you consider externals, in that case I guess Lee?

LU213

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2021, 11:43:57 PM »

@JackHanna Apparently not liking the lady you paid to take you to the movies, has really hurt your feelings.  I have nothing against her.  I just didn't find her highly skilled. I am going to be the adult and move on.

Masteryourlife

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2021, 12:02:46 AM »

I like Assayag a lot, he seems like he really cares about patients, but the issue is that know he only offers Precice for femurs. As a patient in recovery, I can tell weightbearing is key, and with Precice I would probably be terrified of damaging the nail. Out of curiosity, what surgeon would you choose? Weight bearing nails with femurs are offered by Betz, Giotikas and Guichet, and I would choose Giotikas, even though I agree with some of the criticts in this thread. Of course, the issue is different if you consider externals, in that case I guess Lee?

Given the Stryde recall I am waiting because I am avarage height and early 20s so although I want this surgery so much , I don't have the urge to go trough non wb nails or mechanical ones .
I don't want to rush it and maybe have Stryde/Nitinail/ or something new from Nuvasive back in a year or little more and me being with precice 2 .I think waiting is worth it .

Doctor wise as days go by Dr.Lee is my only choiche .
I think he was (skill wise) maybe second just to Paley but now that Paley doesn't perform basically anymore but rather let dr.Robbinson  ,Dr.Lee internal femur is my only choiche .
This is also why I have to wait no matter what.
I hear here people who go to their 2nd or 3rd doctor choiche...idk I could never .
I am concerned with my first pick imagine with the others Lol

Given you situation I assume u had an urge to do it now .
If I was you I would have gone with Assayag P2 .
I understand it can be very very challenging not weight bearing but my mind/soul would be so much more comfortable then having an old mechanical wb nail with doctors with known complications .

Out of the 3 doctors offering wb nails ,j want to underline again if I was you , I would have post poned the surgery but giotikas back then had no death record as guichet and betz it's just so bad.
I read he has many lawsuits and he allows insane amount of lengthening so giotikas seemed the best out of those .

I answeared to all  scenarios ,hope I did answear to your question properly as well

Nyc brother

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2021, 05:31:07 AM »

Guys, let’s not fight.

The reality here in Greece is those that did not come with a girlfriend or sibling are hiring the nurses for clicking, PT assistance and general care. I’m in touch with all the patients. No one is  ting on the nurses. They really try their best and most patients like them.
In regards to PT, I agree there are some PT’s there who are on a lower level.

This is just my opinion- please do not bash me. I understand YMMV.

The most advanced PT’s is “Alex” - PT owner, and “Alliki” she is very good and skilled. She DOES have a degree and certifications etc. I only work with them. Again this is just my opinion. The other patients work with the other PT’s and they are fine with them.

Nyc brother

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2021, 05:47:26 AM »

*no one is  ing

Nyc brother

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2021, 05:48:23 AM »

ing

Nyc brother

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2021, 07:21:29 AM »

I guess I can’t post curse words.

MorningStar

« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2021, 02:30:13 PM »

@LU213 Man, how can you tell that nurses are not professional when you didn't hire one? I've been hiring nurses here everyday since the beginning of my journey and I am especially happy about the service.

P. S. Dressing is everyone's personal matter.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 03:28:57 PM by MorningStar »
+6 cm tibia LATN with dr. Dimitrios Giotikas: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=67949.0
2021-08-26: First surgery
2021-11-24: Nailing surgery

canterk

« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2021, 06:59:36 PM »

Guys, do you think him having G-nail is a contributor to this unfortunate outcome? Or is it purely bad luck with his flu and fasting diet and all that? In other words, if he had chosen some other method like precice do you think the chances of him getting PE would have been lower?

V21

« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2021, 07:49:29 PM »

Guys, do you think him having G-nail is a contributor to this unfortunate outcome? Or is it purely bad luck with his flu and fasting diet and all that? In other words, if he had chosen some other method like precice do you think the chances of him getting PE would have been lower?
The chances would have been the same with Stryde: with weight bearing nails, only 3 weeks of Xarelto were given. So there's no problem in that regard with the nail.

canterk

« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2021, 07:55:50 PM »

You mention it happened 6 weeks after his procedure. Now I am curious what the chances are of this being a "coincidence" in some ways. Like it just so happened he got PE while doing lengthening but LL didn't cause his PE actually? Or was this really a direct result of him getting the surgery? This is so sad and scary especially for people like me who are considering G-nail with Dr. G.

V21

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2021, 09:00:09 PM »

You mention it happened 6 weeks after his procedure. Now I am curious what the chances are of this being a "coincidence" in some ways. Like it just so happened he got PE while doing lengthening but LL didn't cause his PE actually? Or was this really a direct result of him getting the surgery? This is so sad and scary especially for people like me who are considering G-nail with Dr. G.
It had to be related to surgery. As far as I researched, the danger for blood clots is there 3 months after an orthopedic surgery, and some Drs give you Xarelto for 3 months. However, with full mobilization, it's extremely weird for it to happen after 3 weeks, so Giotikas only provided Xarelto for that time taking also into consideracion it's bad side effects. In any case, extremely bad luck was involved: the chance was extremely low, he got flu at the same time and it masked the signs, the taxi driver was an idiot... But of course, you have to wonder if he would be alive if he had taken more Xarelto. Just don't know.

chicitita

« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2021, 09:10:16 PM »

Hi sorry. Do you mind if I ask what happened with the taxi driver? Did he leave him in cold weather or what?

Arcon

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2021, 09:49:15 PM »

Hi sorry. Do you mind if I ask what happened with the taxi driver? Did he leave him in cold weather or what?

Quite the opposite from what I hear...He managed to arrive quickly to the physio centre when the patient started feeling not so well in his taxi and then informed the physio staff  who immediately ran to help. It might well be thanks to him that the unlucky patient managed to survive the initial incident before he dies a few days later.

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2021, 04:27:40 AM »

You speak without knowledge if you say V21 was a fan of the nurse. People who call other people stupid because they don't agree with their opinions expose themselves for what they are.  Arrogant. People are allowed to have different opinions. I didn't judge her by her cover.  I said I didn't find her highly skilled in communications.  You came alone so you had no choice but to get help.  If you chose to use a person who wasn't trained in PT to do your PT that is your decision.  She did not discover the clicking method. Betz did. I used it on day 2 after watching the Betz video.  I even recorded myself on that day and shared the video with others. I ultimately found a better method in a Guichet video. You have no idea on my recovery to conclude you had a better recovery than me.  From what are you basing that your recovery was better than anyone - your mind?  Or did the nurse tell you that?   My recovery is excellent.  Just because you liked her doesn't mean I have to.  If Dr. Giotikas was dressed in Spandex, at every appointment would you have chosen him? I am sure the deceased is vouching for her right now from the grave.

@LU213 whatever you do in life, do not become a lawyer.  Your interpreting skills and conclusions need some serious work.  Leave opinions/emotions aside and stick to logic. Using a dead person comically to raise a point is the most childish thing I’ve seen on this forum by far and overall says a lot about your maturity. This must be the difference between paying for your own surgery vs someone’s parents paying for their surgery. I initially wasn't going to bother but crossed the line like a kid with a tantrum. Do you even read what you write? Jesus

Have you used any of the nurses services?  Nurses were mainly with their uniform and extremely competent.  You have no idea what you’re talking about if this is the judgement you perceive on the nursing team.  Make some money for your self first and then come back to this forum because it’s the only way I see it making you an adult, fellow American.

P.S. We can see your edit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up