Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are people scared of others discovering they underwent cosmetic lengthening?  (Read 2958 times)

Sean Connery

• Newbi

If those who have lengthened are able to endure the months of pain, isolation, and financial loss that cosmetic leg lengthening entails, then why are the majority of those who have lengthened so terribly frightened about others outside their immediate family finding out about it? Is it really so bad if a stranger or even an old friend finds out and goes "Haha, you got taller through surgery!"? You'd think that it wouldn't phase the person at all since they endured the hell of lengthening.
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

YellowSpike

I think the stigma of plastic/cosmetic surgery is much worse for men than women.

As men, we basically have to be confident 24/7/365 to the outside world (or at least fake/project confidence really well). It's just expected of us to not be insecure with anything concerning our looks. Most men don't care much about the confidence of a woman as long as she's a decent person and we find her attractive. I know a few guys who have had nosejobs, but said it was to correct a deviated septum. Yeah...ok.

If someone finds out you did LL (and knows that you did the surgery "where they break your legs and stretch them apart"), it really signifies just how insecure you really were about your height. A nosejob is one thing (even for guys), but this is just very weird and not anywhere near being socially acceptable.

Overdozer

If someone finds out you did LL (and knows that you did the surgery "where they break your legs and stretch them apart"), it really signifies just how insecure you really were about your height. A nosejob is one thing (even for guys), but this is just very weird and not anywhere near being socially acceptable.
Exactly. LL is not your average cosmetic procedure. This   is brutal and most people will be shocked to know how much it takes to go through it. And if they figure you had LL, they'll just think of you as a short insecure guy who lengthened his legs.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Penguinn

I think the stigma of plastic/cosmetic surgery is much worse for men than women.

As men, we basically have to be confident 24/7/365 to the outside world (or at least fake/project confidence really well). It's just expected of us to not be insecure with anything concerning our looks. Most men don't care much about the confidence of a woman as long as she's a decent person and we find her attractive. I know a few guys who have had nosejobs, but said it was to correct a deviated septum. Yeah...ok.

This.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Personally for me, I want people to think this was natural growth.  I think people wouldn't respect my new height and would still view me as a short guy if they knew.

Uppland

Well obviously there is a large stigma surrounding the whole thing.

zack

• Visitor

I think the people who does 5cm or less then 5cm can get away with it, by just pretending that they have a good posture now to be really honest if you dont tell anyone how the hell will somebody find out its not like a nosejob or hair transplant which is too obvious height varies during day and night and with shoes on and off and less hair and more hair. we have made this thing so complicated for us that we are terrified that people will find out.

chineseguy

people will say you crazy

Ozymandias

Curious how it is acceptable that we spend hours at the gym, lifting weights well beyond what any doctor would recommend, and eating ridiculous amounts of proteins, or even roids suplements; but then any cosmetic surgery would turn us into f*gs in the eyes of the average person.

Feeling bad for going through a cosmetic surgery? Think of limb lengthening as just another (extreme) type of bodybuilding.

people will say you crazy

There is something I have been thinking about lately. Yes, maybe we are crazy for considering CLL. But there are many other "crazy" people out there who are however accepted or even admired by society. Take a look at all those mountaineers climbing eight-thousanders mountains, sometimes w/o oxygen and/or in winter. Or that 15-yo girl who circumnavigated the world all alone. Those people at putting their health (and life) at a much higher risk than any person going through LL with a competent surgeon. No, human body is not made for growing at over 20 yo, but pretty sure it is also not made for climbing the Himalaya at sub-zero temperatures, or spending months in the middle of the ocean, suffering food & sleep deprivation. And people who do these things are often described as "heroes".

Don't get me wrong, If I do LL I will probably hide it from almost everyone, but sometimes I'm tempted of announcing it proud & loud and let the haters do their thing.

Taller

Yeah it's about time people acknowledged how height-biased society is. People can call me crazy, but I seem to see so many groups where there's one guy who's very clearly acting dominantly over the other guys (who stupidly act submissively) and hitting on the women shamelessly and without regard for what others think, and that guy is very tall (6 feet or more at least) 90% of the time. That person is usually at least somewhat physically fit, but often not mentally fit aka ignorant, uninformed, and often dumb. But more often than physically fit, they are just plain tall/big. I've seen this many times.

It's fuked up and I think our character and mental and physical fitness (controllable qualities) should determine who is socially the leader.

The concept of an "alpha male" is very animalistic too, but it's something that seems to be pretty prevalent still in human groups.

We need more men like Programdude, Yellowspike, and RGkey who can be "alpha" and badass at heights like 5'8 and shorter, and stand up to or not give a rats ass about the bigger guys instead of kissing up to them on the basis of their size and intimidation like so many do.

I think people being open about the lengths they go  to to get taller to feel the way they want to in a height-biased society will open people's eyes to just how messed up that height bias is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up