Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Few suggestions from a new member.  (Read 3058 times)

G-Man

Few suggestions from a new member.
« on: May 28, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »

Hello all!

I've recently stumble upon an article talking about LL and now I'm completely hooked!  I've heard of it like many years ago but I wasn't sure then if it was some kind of a prank or not and didn't investigate.
Anyway I read some patient diaries (Leechlet) that led me to old forum  first and then (Medium Drink of Water) to LL Forum afterwards.  BTW great diaries guys!

Lurked a bit! Great forum! Nice people! Dedicated!  I like it! Made member recently.

But I do have a few suggestions.

1. Altho I didn't know a lot about the 2 sites, I quickly discovered the old forum  bashing here.  It is ok in a way cuz it informed me to be aware of whats happening on old forum  but it is also negative and lets say negative does not make you feel positive around this site.  I am positive about the site but just have a small after taste every time I hear the bashing.. for a new member it looks like I've ran into a family fight that I don't want any part of.

In other words you are shooting yourself in your own foot?  No offense plz.
I am just saying that if you want to be a leader, act like one.  Leaders usually don't bash the followers and hearing the whining sounds sooo 2nd place and newcomers might not take you seriously and may be leaving?!

Suggestion: ONE topic for old forum  bashing where peeps say what they have to say but plz, not all over the forum all the time!  Come on!  Every few posts I hear old forum  this old forum  that, even tho sometimes its funny, its really not professional.

2. Limb Lengthening Discussion and Questions has 13 pages!  Way too long and confusing to explore!

3. I may look stupid and I know nothing about hosting a forum but Ill ask anyway: are we obliged to have the same bland blue than old forum ?

I just had to point the small stains on the big white blanket, sry I am a perfectionist.

Dameon keep up the good work you are a bang on host and your posts always make perfect sense!

All the members, keep posting and participating!  I really enjoy reading about different subjects and topics and I love the real opinions/truth.

P.S. Yes, I also enjoyed the old forum  bashing once in a while ;) but had to tell my POV.

GeTs

Re: Few suggestions from a new member.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 07:59:26 PM »

Its not a fight, its our right to know the truth, or the ugly truth, without getting our brain washed by recommended doctors and so on and so forth. You come here, you get your information, we discuss what we think about certain things, but we don't wash your brain with bs, wr say what we know and in most cases I've never seen a person recommending a doctor in this site, plus what I find extremely fair is that you don't haacr you posts deleted if they contain something other people don't like to hear.

my mind , thank god has changed about LL,  on old forum  I would think that you could do 7 cm like a walk in a park, but staying on this forum for a couple of days I've learnt that there is a massive difference between 5 cm and 6 ..all I'm saying is verify the information, discuss with the doctors, and make your own choice keeping in mind the risks and all the other stuff, you have to trust nobody cause we're on internet

G-Man

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »

Again, more old forum  bashing!

Cant this site be autonomous? Why all those references to old forum ?

Here we say that there is a huge diff between 5 and 7 cm yes, that is very true.  Then people will go on old forum  where they say 10 cm is safe and they will make their own opinions!  And they will see that yes, less is safer as logic dictates and LL Forum is a better forum for saying so!

But why add: old forum  said this and that and so on?  Why compare all the time?  LL Forum is LL Forum and old forum  is old forum  that's it, IMO.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:25:54 PM by G-Man »

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »

If you look at the dates of the anti-old forum  posts, you'll see that most of them are from quite a while ago and are all stashed in the old forum  Archive.  I think we've done a pretty good job of moving beyond being the anti-old forum  splinter forum over the past several months.  The leadership of this site very much wants LL Forum to move beyond being an anti-old forum  site and into having its own identity, so look forward to more positive content in the future.

Gichelu

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 08:57:57 PM »

2. Limb Lengthening Discussion and Questions has 13 pages!  Way too long and confusing to explore!

How should it be organized then? I dont know if there is anything you can do to make all those topics fit in a smaller area.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

G-Man

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 09:13:46 PM »

If you look at the dates of the anti-old forum  posts, you'll see that most of them are from quite a while ago and are all stashed in the old forum  Archive.  I think we've done a pretty good job of moving beyond being the anti-old forum  splinter forum over the past several months.  The leadership of this site very much wants LL Forum to move beyond being an anti-old forum  site and into having its own identity, so look forward to more positive content in the future.

Excellent, it means that you are on the right track! :)

I've been reading topics randomly so that's why I probably saw a lot of old forum  references.

How should it be organized then? I dont know if there is anything you can do to make all those topics fit in a smaller area.

-Doctors
-Internal/Externals
-Pain
-Preparation
-Cost
-Etc
Pages: [1]   Go Up