Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My proportions  (Read 24434 times)

• Proportion☤Nazi
My proportions
« on: May 29, 2014, 12:25:13 PM »

Hello guys, I am an 177.5cm / 5'10" adult (21)
I know i may seem kinda like an douche to some of you for wanting more height since i'm on the average side of the spectrum.
The reason that i want to increase my height is that i feel short around my friends and family, it seems that the majority in my family is over 6'0" (183cm)
and my friends are more like 6'3" - 6'4" (190cm - 193cm)
I feel kinda stuck... And cheated.

Can i add 8.5cm to my height without looking weird and disproportionate?
My BIGGEST concern is my sitting height, I don't want to sit next to someone that is shorter or about the same height as me, and suddenly look a lot shorter than they, that would be really AWKWARD and embarrassing!
Since most of you guys have about the same sitting height as me but you aren't going for 6'1" (186cm)
Please don't spare me any criticism, proportion nazi's are welcome.

Height:177.5cm / 5'10"
Arm span: 192cm / 6'4" (I can get up to 194cm if i stretch)
Sitting height: 93cm / 36.6 inches
Current SHR: 52% (it will be 50% after LL)

I want to keep the tibia/femur ratio so i will add 4.25cm in both for a total of 8.5cm.
By the way, i think i am an endomorph based on my stats - (20 inches shoulder to shoulder)
  NO pictures at this point, use your imagination.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:25:51 PM by 680 »
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

GeTs

Re: My proportions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 12:29:22 PM »

At this point you better have brain lengthening than LL, just settle for 6'0, more than that there's no point of lengthening , more than 6'0 u Just want to show up or compensate for something else

IamAndrew

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »

Keep in mind you're comparing yourself to people who make up less than 1% of the population. It is not you who is short, it is they who are unusually tall. Don't let that affect you so much. With that in mind:

I wouldn't take sitting height into much consideration. Average people don't measure each other's sitting height or examine and judge your proportions. I got an unusually short sitting height, even for my stature, but nobody has ever commented on it and I never even noticed it until I paid attention. Even then, I just sit up straight and none can tell because most slouch.

4.5cm to each leg section wouldn't cause many problems at all. But you do understand how time consuming and expensive CLL is? No walk in the park. At your height I'd at most consider 1, 5.5 cm procedure to get over 6'0". Probably tibias since those you can do external only and recover well + way cheaper.
Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

Taller

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 11:00:13 PM »

With your arm span, you could probably go up to 188CM or 6'2 and still look proportional while standing up. Look at Calic's proportions pictures for an idea of what you'd look like. He was 5'6 or 5'7 with a 5'11 wingspan and looks great now at 5'10. However, his sitting height is noticeably short relative to his standing height. You have to ask yourself if that's worth it.

I don't think anyone will have a sitting height that matches that of most people naturally their new height after LL. I notice that most of the people on these forums seem to think that they have long torsos, even though it isn't really true in my opinion, based on the pictures and videos I've seen. People perceive their torsos as long and wear their pants low in proportions pics often just because they want to have long torsos in order to to think that they'll look proportional after LL. Truth be told, after LL most people won't notice a short sitting heigh because there are people who have this build naturally, like this guy:

However, most people your new height are going to sit taller and you definitely will notice it along with a few others who are going to verbally point it out. You'll just have to live with it and be ready to tell people that you just have long legs. It's the truth and it's a safe and realistic way to approach the reality of post LL proportions. Nobody has to know that you did LL.

Also, is your arm span the result of long arms or broad shoulders?

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 02:37:23 AM »

Thank You for All this Helpful Information!

I have reconsidered to go for 185cm / 6'1". This would be best (proportion wise)
Yesterday, I saw a guy thath was about 185cm/6'1 and the strange thing was that he had really long legs and not so tall torso (about the same sitting height as me)
And it is true that its really noticeable but i didn't think it was unnatural or freaky at all. Hugh Jackman is 188cm/6'2" and dosen't seem to be really tall while sitting down. I found an interview with him and his wife (Deborra-Lee Furness) that is noticeably shorter while standing up but is kinda... taller than him while sitting down. I can't tell if he is slouching or not, You can also see his high knees in the video:

I think that my arm span is a good combination of both, Ill upload  mockup's later.
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 02:43:59 AM »

Thank you for the positive feedback,
Yes, I am aware of the prices of LL, but i won't just go straight ahead for it. I've got time to save up for LL and do a research on proportions, plus i need to start working out. And the recovery shouldn't be a problem with 3.75cm / 1.47in 2x.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »

I also want to add that the average male height in my country (whitch is located in eastern europe) by wikipedia is around 5'10" (179cm), but i think that they're using
20-30 years old data. I think that i developed some sort of complex, always comparing myself to other people. I try not to think about it too much but it keeps eating me from the inside. I didn't pay ANY attention to height up till now. It didn't bother me  when i was in high school at all, We where 5 boys and 15 girls in my class there was only one guy that was a bit shorter than me, only by like 3-4 cm's. there where only 3 girls that where taller than me. Come to think about it, Most guys that i meet are way taller than 183cm (6'0"). I CANNOT STOP COMPARING my height to other peoples, I went to the mall yesterday to shop for clothes and shoes and i s**t you NOT all the retail guys where one head or more above me and the women's height's where about from 2-3 inches shorter/taller than me. I don't want to tower over anyone, I just want to be in the middle spectrum of heights. I don't want to be the tallest person in a room of 10 guys, That would be ludicrous of me, I just wan't to be in the middle much rather than the shorter side of the spectrum. I realize most of you would trade almost anything to be 177.5cm's. That doesn't cut the cheese for me. "you're only as small as the world will make you seem". I just keep thinking about my proportions because i don't want to overkill it and "ruin" myself. This is why i am here to hear other people's opinions on my proportions. I think that deep inside i wanna hear "you can go for 7.5cm/2.9in", but this might not be true unfortunately. I looked up a few forums in my country in which a few guys had experienced heightism, One guy was 170cm/5'7" and most of the people on the forum encouraged him but there where a few VICIOUS females that said really cruel things like:

"A man who is under 183cm/6'0" is not a man, I wouldn't look at them while walking on the street, I am 177cm/5'10", What man are you? You're more like kindergarteners! "

This kinda made me mad, but oh well its the internet. Some really tall guys where supportive and said that it didn't matter that much. But unfortunately thats not the mindset of everyone.

GeTs

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 04:30:35 PM »

I understand u want to be taller but why not stop at 6'0, where u can say u're 184 cm tall, which is a cool number imo ;D

Moubgf

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 01:06:53 AM »

I also want to add that the average male height in my country (whitch is located in eastern europe) by wikipedia is around 5'10" (179cm), but i think that they're using
20-30 years old data. I think that i developed some sort of complex, always comparing myself to other people. I try not to think about it too much but it keeps eating me from the inside. I didn't pay ANY attention to height up till now. It didn't bother me  when i was in high school at all, We where 5 boys and 15 girls in my class there was only one guy that was a bit shorter than me, only by like 3-4 cm's. there where only 3 girls that where taller than me. Come to think about it, Most guys that i meet are way taller than 183cm (6'0"). I CANNOT STOP COMPARING my height to other peoples, I went to the mall yesterday to shop for clothes and shoes and i s**t you NOT all the retail guys where one head or more above me and the women's height's where about from 2-3 inches shorter/taller than me. I don't want to tower over anyone, I just want to be in the middle spectrum of heights. I don't want to be the tallest person in a room of 10 guys, That would be ludicrous of me, I just wan't to be in the middle much rather than the shorter side of the spectrum. I realize most of you would trade almost anything to be 177.5cm's. That doesn't cut the cheese for me. "you're only as small as the world will make you seem". I just keep thinking about my proportions because i don't want to overkill it and "ruin" myself. This is why i am here to hear other people's opinions on my proportions. I think that deep inside i wanna hear "you can go for 7.5cm/2.9in", but this might not be true unfortunately. I looked up a few forums in my country in which a few guys had experienced heightism, One guy was 170cm/5'7" and most of the people on the forum encouraged him but there where a few VICIOUS females that said really cruel things like:

"A man who is under 183cm/6'0" is not a man, I wouldn't look at them while walking on the street, I am 177cm/5'10", What man are you? You're more like kindergarteners! "

This kinda made me mad, but oh well its the internet. Some really tall guys where supportive and said that it didn't matter that much. But unfortunately thats not the mindset of everyone.

Bro my final height will be 5'11..6'0 in normal shoes. Will i be alright?

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 10:29:22 AM »

Well, You're kinda right but in my opinion it's not worth it. I want to maintain my ratios even if it means spending more money/time, Adding anything less than 3.75cm's seems like a waste to me. I really don't want to look disproportionate, not to others (other people won't bat an eye) but to myself.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 10:38:51 AM »

Why wouldn't you be, Thats pretty much perfect. You even may be referred to as tall (not in northern/eastern europe tho). And only REALLY REALLY shallow women care about it too much, even then they can't tease you for being 5'11..6'0.  ;)

Europa

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 03:58:24 AM »

I sort of know where you're coming from, being 179 myself and wanting LL. As you say it's all recent to you, and when I discovered the procedure I was shooting for the highest numbers as well. But the truth is, the more you look into it the more you begin to ponder. Now I lowered my goals to only 5.5cm on my femurs. Doing two LL is just too much money and time, not talking about the risks of another surgery.

Taller

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 04:58:26 AM »

6'4 is a dream wingspan! You are quite lucky! Would you say that your 'span comes more from long arms, broad shoulders, or a pretty even combination of both? Where do your arms reach on your femurs? Can you touch your knees while standing up straight?

Would it be too much trouble to post a picture of yourself with your arms outstretched? I would like to see what a 6'4 wingspan looks like on a 5'10 guy. Again, you have my dream armspan. I am close to your height, but my 'span is only 186 or 6'1 and my dream height is 188. Hope it won't look to strange. My plan is to lengthen to 186 and then decide if my proportions can handle another 2CM that would put my height over my wingspan.

Adriano

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 07:48:47 AM »

No one can touch there Knees while standing straight.

my wingspan also exceeds by height by 6 inches. 5'4 and 5''10.

What suprises me is that i almost always have to fold the sleves of my jackets even though i dont have broad shoulders.

Keep Growing

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 01:09:07 PM »

Dear 680,
I think you're not doing any service to you at all. I'll take it you are in Australia at the moment which is a country known for its tall people. I need to say that I'm also in Australia and I'm from Eastern Europe but the average in my country is somewhere around 173 and I'm ''only'' 5 cm below. I don't know what country you are from as I thought Eastern European are not that tall... However, I haven't really though about how height is affecting my life up until I discovered the forums and this problem on the internet. I must say I was pretty happy with my life back home and I must admit that height was affecting my ''communication'' with women (we all know they want to be looked down but in the same time equal rights) but not very much!!!...it was like a filter if you want because those girls that couldn't see my personality were ''eliminated'' ...after all this is what connects two people otherwise they will want you to do more and more things for them. I believe height would have helped me but not as much as dressing nice + muscle + nice personality can so I started working on these things since it's cheaper.
I came down under partially to save money for this surgery. I am overlooked due to my height but I still manage to score with good looking girls. However, I can now understand people in some western countries when they were saying that their summer was a total wasted of time, that they didn't do anything fun because of their height....it seems that western societies emphasize more on appearance/height (I never had an wasted summer). Also being alone in a foreign country, and not having much to do/think about I started reading the forums a lot which I a huge mistake because it made me feel abnormal and unhappy. I knew what I had to do so I stopped reading them (I log in once or twice a week now) and I feel much better. So, my point is that at your current height the problem is only in your head. Stop reading things that can affect you perception about yourself as, with the height you've got, no woman or employer will disregard you!

thetallerman

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »

It's amazing how average heights can vary so much. You would fit in pretty well in the US at 5'10 (which is the height I hope to be at 1 LL).

I live in San Diego, CA where heights are amazingly VARIED. I live close to the border so there are a lot of foreign born mexicans here who on average I see around 5'4-5'8(5'8 being pretty tall for them), one of my best friends from Mexico is only 5'4. With them I feel somewhat above average to slightly tallish among the short mexicans at my height of ONLY 5'7.

However if I drive just 10 miles north and go into downtown the demographic changes dramatically and it's mainly white and of course then 5'7 feels pretty short....

OP are you in the netherlands, dinaric alps, sweden etc?? Worldwide 5'10 is usually average to easily above average.

Also it's interesting to note that in some 1st world european countries immigrant births are outpacing natural births, also in the US, the foreign-born primarily mexican population is constantly increasing its share of the population. Suffice it to say, with time, our shorter heights may become more average in select countries.
Current Height: 5'7 (~170cm)
Desired Height: 5'9.5 or 5'10
Wingspan: 179.7cm / 5'10.75

Average US Male Height: 176.5 / 5'9.5 (CDC report)

Gichelu

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 06:33:01 PM »

People with the severe height neurosis are always comparing their height to everyone and thinking about it without stop. Because of this they imagine that the average height of people is a lot taller than it is. Plus when you look at other people your eyes travel up so you don't imagine your height being as tall as it is because you don't consider where top of your head is to there head, just your eyes to their head. Honestly unless you are a Dutch and can't live outside Holland then if you're 5'10 you should work on improving other things than going through leg lengthening hell. At the end of it it won't make you happy because you probably will find something else other than height to be unhappy about. Reason is because at 5'10 you are not facing discrimination so people will not treat you any differently at 2 inches taller. All that pain for almost nothing.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

GeTs

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 08:27:32 PM »

You don't even realize how big the difference between 5'10 and 6'0 is.

Gichelu

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 02:50:41 AM »

To the vast majority the difference between 5'10 and 6'0 is not even noticeable and most don't care. At 5'10 your height is tall enough where it should not even be a factor in your life. If you are not getting dates or respect at that height the problem is likely that your lack of self worth is obvious to others. Go ahead and risk getting forever crippled or limping like old guy for two inches though. You will just make yourself worse off for pointless reason.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

Europa

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 03:12:04 AM »

I'll take it you are in Australia at the moment which is a country known for its tall people.

It's very true. I visited Australia and was quite surprised by the height of people there - they're tall. I would say it's common to be around people averaging 6' like in northern Europe. Once I was within a group of about 40 young males for a survey (in their 20s) and I was definitely shorter than ~70% of them at 5'10-5'11.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 09:51:40 PM »

I would say its a pretty even combination of both, I don't have freakishly long arms, Its not so rare for a person to have +6"/15cm - Ape index 1: 1.084
I am planing on posting pictures in the near future.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »

To the vast majority the difference between 5'10 and 6'0 is not even noticeable and most don't care. At 5'10 your height is tall enough where it should not even be a factor in your life. If you are not getting dates or respect at that height the problem is likely that your lack of self worth is obvious to others. Go ahead and risk getting forever crippled or limping like old guy for two inches though. You will just make yourself worse off for pointless reason.

I appreciate your common sense, The only problem that i have is with myself. :/
And if the vast majority cannot differentiate between 5'10 and 6'0 that's even better. Cause like i said it's more of a self-image problem, I do realise that most people won't care if i am 5'10" or 6'0".

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 10:17:26 PM »

What do you mean by that ? I thought almost everyone could get away with 6cm/2.3"

GeTs

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 10:47:14 PM »

What do you mean by that ? I thought almost everyone could get away with 6cm/2.3"
U won't experience any problems at 5'10 nor people around you , but u get way more benefits at 6'0 , it's a more imposing height no matter what. It's hard to understand since most guys here are way shorter than 5'10 and that height for them is a dream. It's like u upgrade from a good city car to an amazing beautiful and performing sport car which no one can take away from you and it feels like u've stolen it (like u're living a dream) and it can't be broken or can't be done anything to it.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 11:56:56 PM »

U won't experience any problems at 5'10 nor people around you , but u get way more benefits at 6'0 , it's a more imposing height no matter what. It's hard to understand since most guys here are way shorter than 5'10 and that height for them is a dream. It's like u upgrade from a good city car to an amazing beautiful and performing sport car which no one can take away from you and it feels like u've stolen it (like u're living a dream) and it can't be broken or can't be done anything to it.

For some reason, a 5'7 guy standing next to a 5'10 guy,  in my experience has always been that it looks to be a bigger difference in overall size compared to a 5'10 guy standing next to a 6'0 guy. Im not sure why since the difference in inches is the same, maybe because i used to be  looking at it from a perspective of a guy on the shorter spectrum, maybe the difference would seem the same for a 6'3 guy.

Or maybe it is because at small heights (around 5'9 and below)usually the whole body is smaller, ie the head and hands and feet etc, while at 5'10 and up, the difference in head size and arm length is less in general.

Ive noticed this when looking at staredowns in different weight classes in the ufc..

thetallerman

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 01:29:44 AM »

Wannabegiant, because the difference between 5'7 and 5'10 is 3 inches whereas 5'10 to 6'0 is 2 inches, simple math my friend.

6'0 = 5'12" not 5'13"
Current Height: 5'7 (~170cm)
Desired Height: 5'9.5 or 5'10
Wingspan: 179.7cm / 5'10.75

Average US Male Height: 176.5 / 5'9.5 (CDC report)

G-Man

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 03:11:22 AM »

True dat!

Wazzup

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2014, 02:42:00 PM »

Hello you all... this is my first post, but first of all i must congrant you for how supportive you are to each others. When it comes to my measures, and even knowing that i might still grow 2 or 3 cm, i am currently 1,65m and my weight is 60kg. My wingspan is 1,68 and my sitting height is 0,88m. Do you think I'm suitable for a 6 or 7cm leg lenghtening? Thanks

Wannabegiant

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2014, 02:52:38 PM »

Wannabegiant, because the difference between 5'7 and 5'10 is 3 inches whereas 5'10 to 6'0 is 2 inches, simple math my friend.

6'0 = 5'12" not 5'13"

sorry for the math fail there, but lets say a 5'8 guy compared to a 5'10 guy, i have noticed that the difference between them seem to be bigger in overall size compared to when i have seen 5'10 guys standing next to 6'0 guys.

THe reason i think is because after a certain height threshold, the rest of the body parts dont get much bigger in size, or at least not to the same degree as it does for people between 160-170 cm.

For example, most 5'10 guys i have seen tend to have similar size heads to people who are around 6'0, of course with some exceptions. while at 5'8 or below, they always seem to have significantly smaller hands and heads etc, shorter arms.

im generalizing but in my opinion this tends to be the norm.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 03:37:06 PM »

I also think that the shorter your starting height, the more noticeable any amount of height increase is.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 06:25:50 PM »

Hello you all... this is my first post, but first of all i must congrant you for how supportive you are to each others. When it comes to my measures, and even knowing that i might still grow 2 or 3 cm, i am currently 1,65m and my weight is 60kg. My wingspan is 1,68 and my sitting height is 0,88m. Do you think I'm suitable for a 6 or 7cm leg lenghtening? Thanks

Yes, I think you are.  Even though your wingspan will be slightly shorter than your height, it's not by much.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up