Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When do you think Stryde's Successor Will Release?

End of Year 2022
- 0 (0%)
Mid-Year 2023
- 11 (50%)
End of Year 2023
- 4 (18.2%)
Mid-Year 2024
- 1 (4.5%)
End of Year 2024
- 1 (4.5%)
Post-2024
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When do you think Stryde's Successor Will Release?  (Read 906 times)

randomperson

• Visitor
When do you think Stryde's Successor Will Release?
« on: February 06, 2022, 02:09:36 PM »

Obviously no one on here knows when Stryde's successor will be released/what it will be, but if you had to guess, when do you think it will be available?

Masteryourlife

Re: When do you think Stryde's Successor Will Release?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 05:22:39 PM »

Hopefully 2023 cause can't wait to get this surgery done and move on with life .

randomperson

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 04:55:43 PM »

Hopefully 2023 cause can't wait to get this surgery done and move on with life .
Have you considered getting Precise? Seems like if you know you're gonna do it it might be worth it to do Precise now?

Masteryourlife

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 05:56:25 PM »

Have you considered getting Precise? Seems like if you know you're gonna do it it might be worth it to do Precise now?
Nope , at all !
I was considering staged lenghetning but it's too much time with crutches.
I can't see my self sh**ting in bed , wheelchair bounded for weeks/months with fear of nail breakage, huge loss of muscles and higher risk of PE with more meds to take like xeralto for long time with potential side effects .
It's not just about "oh u could get it done now and be done for when stryde release" like some might say .
This process it's hard and the mentall aspect its key , therefore my height allows me to have a very very active/normal life.
I want to get Stryde n be able to enjoy somehow the process with taking an assisted walk outside ,a coffe , maybe go to dinner after 1 or 2 months and overall make the process easier.
I invite everyone to not understimate the process because I haven't undergone it ...but being without proper legs for MONTHS it's very very challenging .

Highest

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 06:52:47 PM »

As you stated, people on this forum have no idea, making a poll pointless. Have you asked any surgeons since they would have a better idea?

Masteryourlife

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 08:53:00 PM »

As you stated, people on this forum have no idea, making a poll pointless. Have you asked any surgeons since they would have a better idea?
Yes ofc .
I had an online consultation with the one I would like to be my surgeon and gave me some info about nitinail too since I asked .
He said that stryde will not release soon and that if I wanted to move forward rn or in 2022 , He would confidentiality suggest staged lenghetning for better mobility , mental health n also pain wise since u have to bear just one leg n not two which ofc makes a big difference by logic .
Still did not sound fine to me n my life so I'm waiting for the next wb and HOPEFULLY 2023 .

zaozari

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 09:14:56 PM »

I know how Stryde is tempting but honestly prefer not to vote because the date depends on the safety level they and the FDA will chose to establish. Plus, some in the forum say an alternative is being developed and tested.
Previous testing of Stryde was not properly done and I would do Stryde only after knowing how it was tested, namely in which and how many animals or human volunteers, and still one or more years after field practical surgeon and lenghtening full cycle "testing" and training.
I just don't trust them anymore.The problems would have been easily detected if proper animal testing had been done (as Ilizarov allways did systematically for example in dogs).

Masteryourlife

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 09:26:32 PM »

I honestly prefer not to vote because previous testing was not properly done and I would do Stryde only after knowing how it was tested, namely in which and how many animals or human volunteers, and still one or more years of field practical surgeon and lenghtening full cycle "testing".
I just don't trust them anymore.The problems would have been easily detected if proper animal testing had been done (as Ilizarov allways did systematically for example in dogs).
Then just go for precice 2 .
Unless u are 16 , what u asking will take like 5 or more years and time its crucial .
LL at 40 it's not like LL in 20s so there has to be a compromise .
Also , after the consultation I had , this doctor, like Paley ,said that the corrosion was not that huge of a deal like it was made and that other nails had it too in the past (like fitbone) but was easily solvable with some meds or even nothing in most cases since it didn't effect patients .
He had no reason to say so since he does not promote LL but he talked for experience .
This made me think that we kinda thought as Paley as a salesman (which he is) when he said that for him stryde could have been left in the market with a disclaimer only ,but after all he might have been right n simply saying the truth .
Ik there are articles about stryde n its issues but 2 giants in the field says so and one of them does not even care about CLL ..so there has to be some truth in it .
I agree totally with the thing that stryde did not have proper testing as it should but nitinail is having them so let's see ..and Stryde 2.0 HAS to make proper testing cause imagine what a shame would be for Nuvasive in the field if they failed back to back .
CLL it's a huge market for them so I doubt they want to let the market go therefore they will try n do their best ;would be stupid to not do so .

zaozari

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 09:51:29 PM »

But wasn't Paley directly involved in both Precice and Stryde development ?!

I understand your point about time and compromise but safety first as Paley's moto...
Plus, have you seen how some Stryde nails got, full of corrosion, becoming suited supports for infection and the cases in which they had to be taken out earlier (and apparently some cases of osteomyelitis too)?

Don't forget Paley is a "giant" but he also says he has never had or will have (!) any case of infections! This is simply not possible in thousands of surgeries, not reasonable, credible or scientific, nor ethical because it's one of the possible complications of LL unanimously known by the medical community and as such must be told to patients as one of the risks.
Sometimes older and experienced surgeons become too much confident and a bit arrogant. But if the case of a complication was with their sons maybe they wouldn't say it was not "such a big deal" anymore...

Masteryourlife

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 10:55:12 PM »

But wasn't Paley directly involved in both Precice and Stryde development ?!

I understand your point about time and compromise but safety first as Paley's moto...
Plus, have you seen how some Stryde nails got, full of corrosion, becoming suited supports for infection and the cases in which they had to be taken out earlier (and apparently some cases of osteomyelitis too)?

Don't forget Paley is a "giant" but he also says he has never had or will have (!) any case of infections! This is simply not possible in thousands of surgeries, not reasonable, credible or scientific, nor ethical because it's one of the possible complications of LL unanimously known by the medical community and as such must be told to patients as one of the risks.
Sometimes older and experienced surgeons become too much confident and a bit arrogant. But if the case of a complication was with their sons maybe they wouldn't say it was not "such a big deal" anymore...

The sons comparison makes sense but doesn't at the same time .
For a son you would not accept 0.5% of loss of athletic ability so this is not a measure or reasonable argument to make but as I said , I would not trust Paley alone or a surgeon who promotes CLL but I trust a renowned doctor ,dr.Thaller  who does not promote CLL but it's a big one in its field .
Lots of researches n articles published, hosting courses n teaching prospective n current surgeons and working with great surgeons in the world .
I choosed him because of his background n not because he is close to me or mentioned by dr.Lee alone in a C4L video but he is just an LL surgeon n not general ortho SO to summarize which I am so bad at ,He has no reason to say so whatsoever also considering that Stryde is not available so he can't have a profit out of those words .
I might be wrong but when someone has nothing to earn from it ,I don't see why they should lie or give an extra info not asked btw .

ReadRothbard

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 12:12:09 AM »

They're optimistically saying they want to have it out by early 2023, so I'm going to say mid-to-late 2023.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Highest

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2022, 02:28:08 AM »

They're optimistically saying they want to have it out by early 2023, so I'm going to say mid-to-late 2023.

Who is they? Has anything official come out?
Pages: [1]   Go Up