Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Insecurity In Convincing Family  (Read 488 times)

LimbLengtheningAdvocate21

• Visitor
Insecurity In Convincing Family
« on: February 24, 2022, 05:18:36 AM »

Hey I'm new to here and have many questions about limb lengthening and trying to convince my family of the normalness of this new surgery. I have the money to buy either precise or stride, young college grad and am going to talk to my family again about limb lengthening in trying to get their blessing and have someone to take care of me during the distraction phase.

Ive decided to go with either Precise or Styde.

I'm going to go with either Dr. Debiparshad in Vegas or Dr. Paley and want to know how many clients get this done worldwide. Can anyone who knows let me know it would be really helpful. :) :) :)

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
Re: Insecurity In Convincing Family
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 06:36:19 AM »

For Dr.Paley he himself claimed that he did LL surgeries for 2-3 times per week and has been working on LL for already 20+ yrs. You can see Cy4borg life's vids on youtube and he interviewed several very famous surgeons.

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 03:21:50 AM »

Hey, anyone?? :D :D

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 04:36:49 AM »

Just saw. :) :)

Just saw his video with Dr. Betz.

I wouldn't go abroad even if the implant is somehow more modern. Right now I trust the Styde and Precise the most. I know Dr. Debiparshad studied under Dr. Paley in Florida and previous fellows of Dr. Paley including Dr. Conway have a place in Baltimore, while they're more focused on imbalance correction. 

Right now I'm trying to convince a family member to take care of me after the surgery and it's a pretty steep journey. They believe no one is getting this surgery done. I know there's 92 listed surgeons on here and imagining there's maybe some who preform maybe 5 surgeries a year I want to bring them a number so they calm down and agree to give me their blessing and time once I'm in the distraction phase.

I want to get them a solid number so the this works videos on youtube aren't all I have to show them. If anyone on the forum would know a yearly figure it would be a huge plus.

I'm pretty nervous right now so... wish me luck.

Sorcerer

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 04:45:52 AM »

Just saw. :) :)

Just saw his video with Dr. Betz.

I wouldn't go abroad even if the implant is somehow more modern. Right now I trust the Styde and Precise the most. I know Dr. Debiparshad studied under Dr. Paley in Florida and previous fellows of Paley including Dr. Conway have a place in Baltimore, while they're more focused on imbalance correction. 

Right now I'm trying to convince a family member to take care of me after the surgery and it's a pretty steep journey. They believe no one is getting this surgery done. I know there's 92 listed surgeons on here and imagining there's maybe some who preform maybe 5 surgeries a year I want to bring them a number so they calm down and agree to give me their blessing and time once I'm in the distraction phase.

I want to get them a solid number so the this works videos on youtube aren't all I have to show them. If anyone on the forum would know a yearly figure it would be a huge plus.

I'm pretty nervous right now so... wish me luck.
I think you can inform your family of complication rates(do a subtraction and you can get the success rate!) through inquiring it with your surgeons. But furthermore I think you should elaborate the severity of your height neurosis to your parents in order to achieve understandings from them, instead of purely talking about the exact success rates.
But don't conclude the complicaction rate, success rate or whatnots from diaries on this forum cuz in Statistics vein the sample amount is not big enough instead scientific papers tend to have far more credibilities than your simple observations of diaries, and not exclusive to vids if you are gonna fixate on them to get the solid number.
But the downside of scientific papers from certain surgeons is that some surgeons are likely to inflate their success rates as a propaganda. So you gotta be mindful.

Exxon

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 11:56:19 AM »

Who cares about convincing family members. If you are an adult you make your own decisions out of your own judgement and responsibility.

Sorcerer

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 12:01:02 PM »

Who cares about convincing family members. If you are an adult you make your own decisions out of your own judgement and responsibility.
Some adults cannot do this surgery without family offering the funds

Exxon

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2022, 12:15:55 PM »

Some adults cannot do this surgery without family offering the funds

True, forgot about people that accumulate wealth from inheritence

my bad
Pages: [1]   Go Up