Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about colleges of America. Thx for answers!  (Read 758 times)

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
Questions about colleges of America. Thx for answers!
« on: March 20, 2022, 03:59:30 AM »

Hey, I am gonna study abroad in USA next yr but my family finance is not handsome enough to support me to study there even only for 1 yr so I am fixated on applying for educational loan+part works. The major I am studying is Computer Science and I can study Cybersecurity there. So I made this question here to ask for advices from native Americans about more details about educational loan.
Do you know, generally speaking, how much can education loan reduce the costs of studying during the study and how much must I pay off the loan after I graduate?(I am rn an undergraduate in China and I heard education loans can be paid off after you graduate. Anyway you don't need to pay off when you study)
If I am lucky enough, any Mercy College(the college I will be studying in)student here who can answer my question accurately?
I don't care about being bullied badly there cuz in China I am also suffering a lot or even far more.
I also wanna migrate there as a PR through studying abroad though I know how severely the pandemic is going on.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Sorcerer

Re: Questions about colleges of America. Thx for answers!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 05:09:39 AM »

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=can+foreign+students+get+student+loans
Thx.
But I got this piece of information about Mercy College education loan:
No Lenders Available
Currently there are no known lenders available for Mercy College. Please check back again in a few weeks!
from internationalstudentloan.com
It seems to me that American/Non-American college students achieve educational loans from a specific website maybe?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 06:11:01 AM »

You can't get the same student loans as domestic students.

Sorcerer

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 06:57:53 AM »

You can't get the same student loans as domestic students.
Alright ty anyway. But I heard nearly all of Americans are part working to pay off the loans during study and after graduation. Is that true or just a myth?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 03:20:36 PM »

Sorcerer

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 11:58:18 PM »

It's true.  It's a huge problem in America.

https://www.thebalance.com/student-loan-debt-crisis-breakdown-4171739
I have not finished reading it but it seems to me American grads are relying on education loans due to the loan forgiveness which mostly induces to the loan debt crisis.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 12:15:53 AM »

They're relying on loans because the cost of tuition has been going way up for years.  Much faster than inflation.

Not many people expect their loans to be forgiven under that program, and a lot of people who think they might get forgiveness end up not getting it.  It's just one factor.

Sorcerer

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 12:38:47 AM »

They're relying on loans because the cost of tuition has been going way up for years.  Much faster than inflation.

Not many people expect their loans to be forgiven under that program, and a lot of people who think they might get forgiveness end up not getting it.  It's just one factor.
It enlightened me. I guess when I migrate there if the situations stayed flat and wouldn't improve then my education loans will reduce less my fees of studying there and my study would be influenced more than I expected. I think these stty situations were all caused by the COVID-19. It is really a bloody nuisance that can influence many aspects of your life, not exclusive to LL and studying abroad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up