Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Franz Birkholtz - CLL in Stellenbosch, South Africa  (Read 7114 times)

Golden

Re: Dr Franz Birkholtz - CLL in Stellenbosch, South Africa
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2023, 09:04:04 AM »

Hey Doc,

I would like to know the total cost for external fixator on tibias such as TSF device.

Is there any package to only stay for one month not that 3 months? Is there any possibility to have a package that accommodation isn't included?

Thanks

Dayward

• Visitor
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2023, 10:14:51 AM »

Dr. Birkholtz,

I am interesting in getting LL but I am not confident on choosing how much to lengthen my bones and which bones. Do you just let patients choose lengthening targets or do you also recommend how much to lengthen the tibia/femur according to a patient's existing proportions?

I think this is an aesthetic detail and there's not really any "rules" in current practice on how much lengthening a person should get (outside of not being too much for their body to handle).

Regards.

Bob

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2023, 06:24:55 PM »

Our 'standard' quote includes a ten day period in the hospital and then an additional 14 days in the rehab facility with meals and physio included.

Beyond that, the patient can stay on in rehab unit, or alternative accommodation options are available.

Your 'standard' quote includes a ten day period in the hospital and then an additional 14 days in the rehab facility with meals and physio included.

What is the price per day for stay on in your rehab unit with meals after the 14 days?

nicko77

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2023, 04:05:33 AM »

does anyone know if @DrStrangehas a diary anywhere?

youyin12

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2023, 01:38:10 PM »

Dis/cord

nicko77

• Visitor
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2023, 09:54:57 PM »

i cant find it my friend

TheDream

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2023, 10:33:11 PM »

Dr. Franz have you ever considered doing a small study on the athletic recovery of stature (CLL) patients?

Right now we only have a study by Dr. Lee from South Korea which involved a sort of questioner to his former patient who underwent LON and/or LATN tibia from what I remember. But having a study with actual testing, maybe looking at statistical differences between tibia and femur patients and also by lengthening amounts could be very interesting.

Assuming somehow the sample size would be statistically relevant couldn’t one do a physical test with simple exercises for patients who have completed the procedure years ago?

One should of course be careful that factors like age and fitness level do not contaminate the results. Therefore maybe studying the gait (how people walk or run), joint flexibility and range of motion. However one could also maybe do a running exercise or muscle strength test and then use statistical methods like factor analysis to take into account age, fitness level etc. to still have some results here.

I know it would be difficult to get enough patients to return to participate. Maybe a few at a time over many years if they were offered a paid holiday in South Africa? Maybe the Paley Institute is more equipped for such a thing though as I know they’ve almost made an industry out of CLL.

Franz

• Verified LL Doctor
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2024, 01:38:13 PM »

Updated prices and package details

https://birkholtz.thec4llective.com/

1team

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2024, 03:45:50 PM »

Assume nail is Precise 2.2 and you don't have access to a weight bearing nail?

bruhh

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2024, 07:29:01 AM »

For humeral lengthening, is it utilizing Precice 2.2 and what is the recommended/max lengthening achieved?

Beemer m3

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2024, 06:27:55 AM »

yeah humerous lengthening but im not staying in south africa lol. but 63k femur precice for dr birkholtz is almost 75k in usa precice max. just without the airbnb.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up