Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6 foot 7 : I want to be smaller!  (Read 30342 times)

mediocre

Re: 6 foot 7 : I want to be smaller!
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2014, 01:59:39 PM »

I was just thinking how to reduce height surgically in adults.

It would mean redundant nerves/arteries/veins/lymphatics/muscles/tendons/etc — and if they are cut and reattached, it's like amputation and replantation.

Technically very difficult compared to lengthening. It would also mean multi-disciplinary approach on top of Orthopedics, like Vascular surgery, Microsurgery.

There is a procedure for adolescents that surgically fuses growth plates for those who are tall enough already. It stops height but does not shorten it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphysiodesis

mrtall

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2014, 08:22:50 AM »

I was just thinking how to reduce height surgically in adults.

It would mean redundant nerves/arteries/veins/lymphatics/muscles/tendons/etc — and if they are cut and reattached, it's like amputation and replantation.

No, this is not the case from the literature. The procedure is merely a bone segment removal, with time and intensive PT, the body re-adapts the the other tissues. Overall the surgery is easier than lengthening, however one is limited in how much can be remove from each limb. I'm going for 6cm femur, 4cm tibia which is recommended maximums.

I will posting a sticky with the surgical details and quotes I get in.
HEIGHT REDUCTION CANDIDATE

Current: 201 cm (6'7)

Goal: 192 cm (6'3.5)

GeTs

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2014, 12:22:22 PM »

6'3 good height, keep in mind that your kids may be 6'7 so , do the best thing you retain for them

Taller

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2014, 02:28:38 PM »

Have you read Olivetree's patient experience on this site? She never finished her diary but did keep it updated until a little bit after she had her surgery. I'd recommend it if you haven't already to get a sense of what limb shortening pain could be like. Olivetree did with with the doctor who possibly has the worst reputation on this site, though, so if you go with most other doctors, you are likely to have a better experience than she. I'd reccomend Beijing's institute of external fixation, personally, as they have very low complication rates compared to other places in that price range and have tons of experience fixing them when they do occur. They have also done leg shortening before and have more experience (lengthening and shortening for patients) than any other clinic on this site.

Europa

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2014, 12:29:53 AM »

Don't get me wrong you can be super dominant at 220+ and really use it

That's a common issue with tall guys: they just act cky because they've been overseeing others since they're young, which lead them to often pass for  s. That's pretty sad I must say.

mrtall

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2014, 08:48:20 PM »

That's a common issue with tall guys: they just act cky because they've been overseeing others since they're young, which lead them to often pass for a**holes. That's pretty sad I must say.

Yes to some extent.. They have the arrogance mixed in with
The social isolation that comes with being outside the social centre of mass.
So that can lead to a very negative outcome.
The ivory tower effect I like to call it

This is not to be confused with the kind of arrogance that comes with
Good looks.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:59:54 PM by mrtall »

mrtall

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2014, 08:53:12 PM »

Yes to some extent.. They have the arrogance mixed in with
The social isolation that comes with being outside the social centre of mass.
So that can lead to a very negative outcome.

This is not to be confused with the kind of arrogance that comes with
Good looks.

hollandaa

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2015, 05:59:50 PM »

The younger generation in the Netherlands is srsly like 6'4" average. He'd be considered tall there but not freakish tall - only to the tourists.

I live in the netherlands and average height of the youbger generation is 6'0,5 (184 cm) for the older generation its 5'11,5 (181 cm)  but holland also contains a lot of (shorter) immigrants so they wont think youre a dwarf at 5'7

myloginacct

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2017, 11:46:13 PM »

I wonder how it ended for mrtall. Still, a lot of people who have been posting here should take a look at the other side of the coin.

Some people here don't have height dysphoria - they have height megalomania. 

bander72.

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2017, 12:06:23 AM »

he is a troll,people in here hasn't perceived it. 6'7 is a pretty good height better than 5'9 for sure, it's not a perfect height like 6'3~6'4  , but is good enough to don't mind about height and whatnot.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 12:53:24 AM by bander72. »
Admin Note: User banned for creating multiple accounts (bander72. deniscef, backrandon, enrique)  and trying to impersonate other users with similar nicks.

bander72.

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2017, 12:08:38 AM »

I saw a guy who plays in the NBA league(6'11 tall) and he adores it and brags about his height..
Admin Note: User banned for creating multiple accounts (bander72. deniscef, backrandon, enrique)  and trying to impersonate other users with similar nicks.

Body Builder

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2017, 12:28:33 AM »

he is a troll,people in here hasn't received it. 6'7 is a pretty good height better than 5'9 for sure, it's not a perfect height like 6'3~6'4  , but is good enough to don't mind about height and whatnot.
I don't think 6.7 is better than 5.9.
It creates a lots of problems in your daily life (driving, siting etc), your body will look skinny or floppy and almost impossible fit and bulk and most people will look at you as a alien and only ask.you if you play basketball.
On the other hand, 5.9 may not be enough for some women but most of them will not reject you if you have a good appearance and style and thats all. You don't face any other drawback at 5.9. And I am sure that more women would reject a 6.7 man for being abnormally tall than a 5.9 for being short.

So definitely 6.7 is not better than a normal height as 5.9. From 5.7 and beyond yes but not 5.9.

bander72.

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2017, 12:54:13 AM »

I make an error typing the correct is perceived and not received

bander72.

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2017, 01:05:47 AM »

I don't think 6.7 is better than 5.9.
It creates a lots of problems in your daily life (driving, siting etc), your body will look skinny or floppy and almost impossible fit and bulk and most people will look at you as a alien and only ask.you if you play basketball.
On the other hand, 5.9 may not be enough for some women but most of them will not reject you if you have a good appearance and style and thats all. You don't face any other drawback at 5.9. And I am sure that more women would reject a 6.7 man for being abnormally tall than a 5.9 for being short.

So definitely 6.7 is not better than a normal height as 5.9. From 5.7 and beyond yes but not 5.9.
Comrade I respect your opinion but have to say that I disagree with you, Women love tall guys, is a important aspect that all women take in consideration. but 6'7 is a bit exaggerate, but it's better than 5'9 for sure. I'm 6'0'5 (183,5cm midday barefoot) and I feel myself short, I'm not tall at all despite of  people tell me that I'm tall, but as I said befere and reinforce right now ,my opinion is the most important thing in the world. I'm here to exchange information about my future surgery and try to find the best rod( at the moment is fitbone) and surgeon with the best ratio between price/quality.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up