Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tips to appear taller?  (Read 4029 times)

IamAndrew

Tips to appear taller?
« on: June 06, 2014, 01:35:22 AM »

I've a few tricks that add about 5cm of illusion to my actual height. Most people think I'm a solid 5'9" (176 at least) and it's what I tell others.

Clothes & Fashion: Streamline your appearance in a vertical fashion. Avoid horizontal lines, such as cuffs around your shoes or color breaks, and avoid any large patterns (which by comparison will make you appear small). Don't wear baggy shirts or jackets as those too make you look smaller in comparison (well fitted is good). Any kind of color scheme that "breaks" your body's vertical flow (like abruptly different colored pants and shirt) will make you appear smaller - so you want to match the tones (like dark with dark, warm with warm, etc.). As a guy with a short neck and big shoulders, I avoid shirts or jackets that make me look too "boxy", so I always have a loose collar or low-cut collar - showing some neck gives the impression you're taller since showing neck is something usually seen in taller people when they dress normally. With pants in particular, can't go wrong with black. It gives a slimming impression + it should be long enough to fall nicely onto your shoes (which makes your legs look longer).

Other: The haaaair style is key. Shorter on sides with a little more on top with it either spiked or just standing up gives a great illusion + actual height. Something like this is great (and it entices women to run their hands through it as bonus) http://www.menshairstyletrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Spiked-Mens-Hair-2013.jpg?80decc
And the fabled inserts. I got a .5" insert. Why only .5"? Because I won't feel bad with that much, it's still comfortable, and I'm not totally terrified about taking my shoes off in public. My pants are also long enough (as said above, they fall nicely onto my shoes) so I can even secretly stand on my tippy toes a bit if ever needed. Of course, go with whatever insert you like, but I think it's the best bump without hurting yourself or causing worry.
Lastly, exerciiiiise and posture! Being lean, at any height, will make you appear taller as opposed to a dumpling build. One of my fav exercises for posture is lying flat on my stomach and crunching my lower back by bringing my head up with my hands on my head. Stretches of any kind will help too. Sometimes I sleep without a pillow, flat on my back, and that helps with spinal alignment.

Anyway, that's all I got for tricks & tips about appearing taller. I've been a 5'7" dude passing off as 5'9" forever pretty much. If you got some other tips, pls share!
Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

GeTs

Re: Tips to appear taller?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 01:22:08 PM »

Tbh , that's faking it, because they will like your fake height not your real you.
but this is actually a good trick for example to use before LL for a couple of months. It will be easier to hide your new height

Taller

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 07:30:52 PM »

Tbh , that's faking it, because they will like your fake height not your real you.
but this is actually a good trick for example to use before LL for a couple of months. It will be easier to hide your new height

I fake my height with lifts and hair as well and feel no shame whatsoever in doing so. I feel that the "real me" is actually 3 inches taller than I am currently, and that my current body is just not wholly representative of the true me, the way I see myself inside (which is a taller version of my current body).

Is a transsexual expressing their perceived gender not the "real" them? People are, in fact, who they feel that they are. I, along with many others, feel like a tall man trapped in the body of a short man. It's an odd feeling, but a true and valid one nonetheless. Therefore, I don't feel any worse faking my "real" height through lifts, hair, and lies than I imagine a transgender person would feel "faking" their real/perceived gender. The human mind and it's perception of reality isn't black and white, truth or lie. There is no "true" reality. Ultimately, just do what feels "right" and makes you feel happy with yourself and your place in relation to the rest of the world.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 11:27:54 PM »

I fake my height with lifts and hair as well and feel no shame whatsoever in doing so. I feel that the "real me" is actually 3 inches taller than I am currently, and that my current body is just not wholly representative of the true me, the way I see myself inside (which is a taller version of my current body).

Is a transsexual expressing their perceived gender not the "real" them? People are, in fact, who they feel that they are. I, along with many others, feel like a tall man trapped in the body of a short man. It's an odd feeling, but a true and valid one nonetheless. Therefore, I don't feel any worse faking my "real" height through lifts, hair, and lies than I imagine a transgender person would feel "faking" their real/perceived gender. The human mind and it's perception of reality isn't black and white, truth or lie. There is no "true" reality. Ultimately, just do what feels "right" and makes you feel happy with yourself and your place in relation to the rest of the world.

Agreed, and i will also add a scientific angle to the argument.

When it comes to height, there are 2 factors involved in the end result, genes and environment/nutrition during growth. Im certain that i stunted my growth when it comes to the second factor, so i didnt end up as tall as my genes would allow me to. My father was 180 cm, and my mother was very malnurished when she was pregnant with me, so i ended up being born 2 weeks to early and weighted only 2.1 Kilos at birth. In addition to that i was adopted  when i was 1 week old and lived in a colder country with less sun all my life, so my dark skin made me vitamin D deficient. Also i had issues with eating and sleeping during most of my childhood and didnt start to eat properly until i was in my mid teens, thats when i started taking supplements for the first time as well.

So this LL surgery is not faking, its rather correcting a deformity as i see it.

gettingtaller

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 11:02:51 AM »

Good tips - thanks. Even though I've had my LL, there's nothing wrong with pushing for a teeny bit more without pushing the boat out and getting elephant sized lifts!
Did internal femurs with Prof. Betz in February 2014.
Goal 9cm, but ended up doing 10 (whoohoo). Now off crutches and walking funny, but getting better quickly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up