Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do all men really lie about their height?  (Read 1898 times)

oklama

Do all men really lie about their height?
« on: May 06, 2022, 06:39:03 PM »

In my entire life I personally have never recalled purposefully lying about my height. I just take it as I’m short and there’s no point sugarcoating it. Any man is gonna know your lying unless they are in denial about their own height. On here people make it seem like every man exagerrates by two inches. I do understand claiming 6’ at 5’10+ And maybe claiming 5’9 at 5’8 (to be average) but otherwise it just seems pointless to me.

This also leads me to believe the infamous dating statistics etc are all skewed about two inches to the right since Womens understanding of height would be two inches higher than reality
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

informationispower

Re: Do all men really lie about their height?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 07:00:36 PM »

Alot lie but just unintentionally.
I am 5'7 but I claim 5'9 because thats what people think I am

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 07:56:01 PM »

No, but it's common.

JJ299

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 10:44:08 PM »

I have a friend that's 5'6 but claims he's 5'7 and even has his drivers license stating he's 5'7 ( he usually whips it out when someone says he's 5'6), but in reality he's like 1cm shorter than one of my other friends that's actually 5'6 so it's common for guys to bump their height by 1 inch. There are even guys that's 5'5 but bump it to 5'9 and get into awkward situations when the girl wear heals.

oklama

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 12:31:29 AM »

Ahahahahah I’m 5’5 and claiming 5’9 would just be ridiculous 😭. With shoes maybe I could claim 5’7 and get away but 5’9 is just clownery
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

AllinStryde

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 04:35:32 PM »

All women say they want a 6'0 dude because men have been exaggerating their heights for decades.  Women now believe that 5'10 is actually 6'0.  So lie away.

ilovescience

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 04:55:31 PM »

All women say they want a 6'0 dude because men have been exaggerating their heights for decades.  Women now believe that 5'10 is actually 6'0.  So lie away.

Well, if a man is 5'10 at night and 5'11 or 6 in the morning, he probably say the number that's the highest when being asked. Morning height counts as actual height?

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2023, 07:40:18 PM »

In my entire life I personally have never recalled purposefully lying about my height. I just take it as I’m short and there’s no point sugarcoating it. Any man is gonna know your lying unless they are in denial about their own height. On here people make it seem like every man exagerrates by two inches. I do understand claiming 6’ at 5’10+ And maybe claiming 5’9 at 5’8 (to be average) but otherwise it just seems pointless to me.

This also leads me to believe the infamous dating statistics etc are all skewed about two inches to the right since Womens understanding of height would be two inches higher than reality

Nope. The stadiometer is a credible source and use this when giving people these data. I prefer reality to be grounded at actual facts.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2023, 09:46:19 AM »

I dare to say all of men lie about average height though. I never saw any man who could even report the average height in one place with sanity, many of which even inflated the average height by over 10+ cms... Can't tell you how many times I have seen bs like the average height of GenZ is 180-185cm(in China)...

sphenopetroclival

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2023, 06:02:13 PM »

I dare to say all of men lie about average height though. I never saw any man who could even report the average height in one place with sanity, many of which even inflated the average height by over 10+ cms... Can't tell you how many times I have seen bs like the average height of GenZ is 180-185cm(in China)...

Yeah for some weird reason peeps make ridiculous claims related to GenZ. It’s not worth taking seriously those that have denounced all reason.

LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2023, 06:38:52 PM »

Yeah for some weird reason peeps make ridiculous claims related to GenZ. It’s not worth taking seriously those that have denounced all reason.
I am kinda surprised by the amount of misleading informations about the average height of GenZ that are being spread out and how convinced people are into these bs.

Of course for the developping countries the intergenerational increases are significant but not the degree like 'Oh I am 30 y.o and 185cm and I think myself as a tall guy all the time until I go into a HS flabbergasted by how tall these kids are! I am no longer tall among them!'

Not to mention the bs like 'it is very commonplace for a 11 y.o pupil to be 180cm nowadays...', 'I am 180cm and I am being mogged badly by the pupils..'.

sphenopetroclival

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2023, 01:02:34 PM »

I am kinda surprised by the amount of misleading informations about the average height of GenZ that are being spread out and how convinced people are into these bs.

Of course for the developping countries the intergenerational increases are significant but not the degree like 'Oh I am 30 y.o and 185cm and I think myself as a tall guy all the time until I go into a HS flabbergasted by how tall these kids are! I am no longer tall among them!'

Not to mention the bs like 'it is very commonplace for a 11 y.o pupil to be 180cm nowadays...', 'I am 180cm and I am being mogged badly by the pupils..'.

+1. It's people like these that make me consider the possibility that their brains are completely smooth.

AlmostSix

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2023, 06:07:53 AM »

Well, if a man is 5'10 at night and 5'11 or 6 in the morning, he probably say the number that's the highest when being asked. Morning height counts as actual height?
you can give the average of your morning and evening heights if you want. if you're actually 6' in the morning though there's no way in hell you're ever 5'10 at any time unless your posture really, really sucks.
all i want is to be a solid 183. currently closer to 182 at the end of the day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up