Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: LON in Vietnam  (Read 35891 times)

normythebear

Re: LON in Vietnam
« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2023, 06:34:30 AM »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm doing well—physically about 97% of my pre-surgery self. I do experience some limitations with activities that involve extensive twisting and bending of the tibia/fibula, like snowboarding or heavy deadlifting. Bones naturally twist and flex a bit during such activities, I can feel the rigidity of the metal rod in my legs and some discomfort at the screw sites. Nothing like pain. Just a mild ache.

As you may recall, I've been planning to have the metal nails removed from my legs. Due to the challenges of COVID and my commitments in graduate school, this process took longer than I originally planned. I've been discussing with Thao about scheduling the removal procedure in the coming months. I'm happy to report that he's honoring our original agreement from back in 2017, so there's no additional expense for this procedure.

I've recently returned to Vietnam for the removal, but haven't scheduled a specific date yet. The cost of living is significantly lower compared to the US, and my work can be done remotely, so I'm happy to live it up here in HCMC. The main challenge is to schedule the surgery around my work commitments so that my recovery downtime has minimal impact. I ended up going to business school instead of medical school so I have more free time than I would have as a doctor and can enjoy life a bit more.

I notice a huge difference in my quality of life since doing CLL. I was a fully grown adult prior to the surgery, and the way people treat a person even slightly taller is subtle but noticeable. It is something people who are naturally tall may not realize since they became tall prior to being an adult. I have no regrets about the decision—I only wish I had done it sooner. And for those curious since my last update, I added a length of 7cm. I'm now roughly 181cm / 6 feet ish.

I don't walk funny or with a limp. I can do everything. My muscle size and definition are great for my lower legs. No one suspects anything other than my closest friends who already knew about it. And since I had a short leg/body ratio to begin with the proportions are now perfect. I'll probably post again during/after nail removal.

I'll be sure to post more updates in the future, but for now, I just wanted to share this brief update. Thanks for your ongoing support!

Torbjorn

• Visitor
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2023, 09:47:12 PM »

Would it be possible to show some before/after pic of your body? also pic of the scars would be nice. Good job man!

palm_trees

« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2023, 09:43:21 AM »

Thank you so much for updating this diary friend. Many people right interesting diaries and fall off as they move on with their life.

It's great to see the long term after maths after doing such a precedure.

Many people even today would say 5 cm max for tibia, while the current clinic I am at would disagree as most people here get average 6 cm tibia. (and it is a world renowned limb lengthening doctor as well)

Would you say that 7 cm was the perfect amount for you? Do you feel like you could have been in an even better position now if you would have shortened the lengthening amount? Or are you satisfied and happy to have gotten 7, and would have done that same amount again if you had to start over. Thanks man, look forward to hearing more updates!

mellowrain

• Visitor
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2023, 01:49:15 PM »

Would you say that 7 cm was the perfect amount for you? Do you feel like you could have been in an even better position now if you would have shortened the lengthening amount? Or are you satisfied and happy to have gotten 7, and would have done that same amount again if you had to start over. Thanks man, look forward to hearing more updates!
[/quote]

I'm very curious about this too

shortlifelonghope

• Visitor
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2023, 07:41:30 PM »

mate10000w

• Visitor
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2023, 06:57:15 AM »

How is the food and accommodations
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up