Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wingspan To Height & Tibia To Femur Ratio  (Read 708 times)

balme

Wingspan To Height & Tibia To Femur Ratio
« on: August 16, 2022, 02:22:06 AM »

My height is 173 while my wingspan is 184. My shoulders are also quite wide, everyone notice that in general.
(my morning height is 173 while at night time close to 172)
So, considering wingspan is just only about aesthetics right? to make proportions look good? or, is there anything/any study showing lengtening must be proportional with wingspan?

Here are my stats :

Femur length : 42cm
Tibia Length : 35cm
Sitting Height : 87cm

I'm considering 8cm on femur, however, i've read that tibia/femur ratio must be 0.8 to get long term healthy knee/hip. What should i do? Would 8cm on femur too much?

balme

Re: Wingspan To Height & Tibia To Femur Ratio
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 08:27:26 PM »

no reply :'(

boklecrt

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 01:46:33 AM »

no reply :'(

when it comes to LL, the concern with wingspan proportions is how long your arms are when dropped to the sides

you have wide shoulders, which is nice i guess, but its useless when it comes to LL proportions as the problem here would be your arms looking short if you lengthen too much

or as is famously referred to - t-rex arms

look a t-rex and you will understand why we want to avoid that issue
5 cm gained through LON Tibia with Quynh in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
March 2022
SLAYER

informationispower

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 01:55:06 AM »

Numbers mean nothing. Pictures are the only way to somewhat predict how much you can lengthen. But just know that in most cases, up to 5cms (atleast on the femurs) is well tolerated proportionally since femurs can be hidden under basically all kind of pants while tibias have a bigger effect because of the change of knee height. But again, up to 5cm on either segment will not make you look wierd.. once you go beyond those is when it starts to look messy (I have never seen someone who lengthened 8cm on femurs or more than 5 on tibs that looked good in my opinion)

Sitting height is also not the most accurate because it can by affected by the amount of fat in your butt and also muscles. I for example lost a cm or two of sitting height because I have stopped squatting for years in preparation for this surgery (waiting till the return of stryde or at max in 3 years).

balme

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 08:54:23 AM »

how about femur/tibia ratio? my femur already a lot taller than tibia. is it a problem?

boklecrt

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 09:17:00 AM »

how about femur/tibia ratio? my femur already a lot taller than tibia. is it a problem?

are your measurements based on a half body xray? when you go to take an xray ask the technician to put in settings for the machine to measure your bone lengths

if your written measurements are based on an xray, which i doubt because they are rounded numbers without mm’s - your femur tibia ratio is 0.83 which is pretty close to ideal

if you lengthen 7 cm on femur it will be 0.71

if you lengthen 5 cm on tibia it will be 0.95

so ideally you’d want to do 2 surgeries - 5 cm on tibia + 8 cm on femur would get you to 0.80 ratio

anyway my point is dont obsess about the 0.8 ratio all that much. just try not to go past 1:1 aka tibia and femur equal length and you should be good

March 2022
SLAYER

balme

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 03:15:54 PM »

nope, not x-ray, i've used this videos, which is taken from studies

i just found that 0.8 ratio from some studies, but i don't know particularly which is ok, which is not.

"just try not to go past 1:1 aka tibia and femur equal length and you should be good"

well, it's not that to begin with. i'm kinda worried about it, to be honest.

boklecrt

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 12:36:52 AM »

I suggest you invest money and time and get yourself an xray

These external measurements are not fully correct

When you get an xray with your exact bone lengths to the millimeter you can then make a more sober calculation and judge which segment is best

I for example if I could go back in time I would do femur instead of tibia because my tibias were naturally long as fk, my ratio was 0.89 pre-op, now im almost close to 1:1. But obviously fk it, im taller now so yolo!!
March 2022
SLAYER
Pages: [1]   Go Up