Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Short torso,long legs - what now?  (Read 28479 times)

Rick52

• Visitor
Re: Short torso,long legs - what now?
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 05:26:30 PM »

sitting height maybe tried and tested but I have noticed that it is not always relevant.

(...)

its better to stand up and measure your proportions. thick bones will increase ur sitting height but not necessarily your height as well.

That's what I'm saying.

Captainparker

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2014, 02:31:54 PM »

Maybe this is more average than I thought. My inseam from the floor is slightly above 32 inches. My wingspan is nearing 6 feet 2 as well. But my height is basically 170 cm or 5 feet 7. Though after heavy lifting for 5 hours and other physical work for 1 day and not sitting down much I measured 169.7 cm at my lowest low recently. But I never do that much work so my normal low is 5 feet 7. I wake up at 172 cm on the dot though. My head length is also in the 9.25 to 9.44 inch range. I also have size 11 US men feet. And my hands are above the average size as well. My Torso is the only tiny thing I have!
Height 5 feet 6(169 cm)
Desired around 5 feet 11(Low 180 cm range)
Average height for native country Feet 9.5(177 cm).

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 02:48:20 PM »

Maybe this is more average than I thought. My inseam from the floor is slightly above 32 inches. My wingspan is nearing 6 feet 2 as well. But my height is basically 170 cm or 5 feet 7. Though after heavy lifting for 5 hours and other physical work for 1 day and not sitting down much I measured 169.7 cm at my lowest low recently. But I never do that much work so my normal low is 5 feet 7. I wake up at 172 cm on the dot though. My head length is also in the 9.25 to 9.44 inch range. I also have size 11 US men feet. And my hands are above the average size as well. My Torso is the only tiny thing I have!

You don't really need that surgery. 172 cm is a fine height and you're only 5 centimetres below average. Just imagine how someone who is 1,50 m feels like and be happy with yourself.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

thetallerman

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 04:58:24 PM »

You don't really need that surgery. 172 cm is a fine height and you're only 5 centimetres below average. Just imagine how someone who is 1,50 m feels like and be happy with yourself.

Just because there are shorter people out there doesn't disqualify others from wanting to be taller. Also he said 172 was in the morning, and said his height is closer to 170 throughout the day, which is ~5'7. In most western countries this is still a bit below average (5'9/5'10) and desiring a few inches is not an unrealistic desire.

Yes we are able to imagine how being 150 cm is, but that doesn't mean others' wants are unreasonable. Even people at 5'11 in countries such as the Netherlands have wanted this surgery since their average height is nearly 6'1.

Individual height neurosis is very real at many heights.
Current Height: 5'7 (~170cm)
Desired Height: 5'9.5 or 5'10
Wingspan: 179.7cm / 5'10.75

Average US Male Height: 176.5 / 5'9.5 (CDC report)

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »

Just because there are shorter people out there doesn't disqualify others from wanting to be taller. Also he said 172 was in the morning, and said his height is closer to 170 throughout the day, which is ~5'7. In most western countries this is still a bit below average (5'9/5'10) and desiring a few inches is not an unrealistic desire.

Yes we are able to imagine how being 150 cm is, but that doesn't mean others' wants are unreasonable. Even people at 5'11 in countries such as the Netherlands have wanted this surgery since their average height is nearly 6'1.

Individual height neurosis is very real at many heights.

Well, I think most people, when are asked how tall they are, would give their morning height, so yes he becomes shorter during the day, but the same happens to all other people as well. All I'm saying is he should think about it for a really long time before he decides. Because 172 cm is really not a bad height.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2014, 05:33:02 PM »

Well, I think most people, when are asked how tall they are, would give their morning height, so yes he becomes shorter during the day, but the same happens to all other people as well. All I'm saying is he should think about it for a really long time before he decides. Because 172 cm is really not a bad height.

172 can easily be a bad height in countries like Sweden and the Netherlands, depending on what kind of life you want to live. I was around 174-175 cm before surgery and most guys where i live is about 180 cm. So getting 4.3 cm was easily worth it for me, i will be done in 4 months at most, and then a year later i can forget about all of this and live a much more pleasant life.

You should always do LL for yourself, We dont care if other people might feel comfortable in their own height relative to others, its all about how we feel ourselves.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »

172 can easily be a bad height in countries like Sweden and the Netherlands, depending on what kind of life you want to live. I was around 174-175 cm before surgery and most guys where i live is about 180 cm. So getting 4.3 cm was easily worth it for me, i will be done in 4 months at most, and then a year later i can forget about all of this and live a much more pleasant life.

You should always do LL for yourself, We dont care if other people might feel comfortable in their own height relative to others, its all about how we feel ourselves.

Good for you. Have you had your surgery already or is it still in front of you? I wish you all the best and a pleasent life after surgery and I hope you don't suffer any long-term consequences when you are older.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2014, 05:56:53 PM »

Good for you. Have you had your surgery already or is it still in front of you? I wish you all the best and a pleasent life after surgery and I hope you don't suffer any long-term consequences when you are older.

Thank you!

I did the surgery in the first of mars this year, so its 4 months since then, and at most i have 4 months left of consolidation phase, but possibly i only have 2 months left depending on what my next x-ray shows. However i wont be able to play sports for about 6 more months after frame removal, or possibly more, so 1 year from now i can probably say i will be fully recovered.

Since i lengthened a relatively small ammount, i think i will avoid any problems when i am older. I didnt have any complications during lengthening phase, and i already got my calf muscles back, so i think recovery will be relatively fast in terms of athletism. im only 24 years old so the body should be able to adapt.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up