Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The way to counter short height.  (Read 2950 times)

Body Builder

Re: The way to counter short height.
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2022, 10:25:48 AM »

Glad to hear it.
How are your views on tibia lengthening in general? Do you think it’s possible to maintain ~90% of athletic ability if one goes for 3 cm to not strain the ACL too much?
I am totally against on doing something so invasive, risky and expensive for only 3cm. The minimum I believe that LL is worth are 5cm.
That said, id everything goes fine I find no reason to not reach 90% with lengthening only 3cm. Even with 5cm I believe you could be near there if you have a successful result.

Ballerman

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2022, 04:53:13 PM »

I am totally against on doing something so invasive, risky and expensive for only 3cm. The minimum I believe that LL is worth are 5cm.
That said, id everything goes fine I find no reason to not reach 90% with lengthening only 3cm. Even with 5cm I believe you could be near there if you have a successful result.

do you think people can generally reach 5cm? Coz imagine if you cant even get 5cm and doctors says its enough lengthenign

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2022, 05:34:51 PM »

I can tell you as a financially successful person that it helps but it has limits.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

Body Builder

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2022, 06:38:52 PM »

do you think people can generally reach 5cm? Coz imagine if you cant even get 5cm and doctors says its enough lengthenign
Yes, 5cm is a safe and doable amount for any LLer and capable.doctor. Don't do LL for less than that, it won't change anything to how you look.

LibGen

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2022, 08:18:33 PM »

5cm is totally safe even for tibias.
For very short people I don't think 5cm+5cm is enough.
You gotta make a trade-off between a post-surgery tragedy that you will be still short after bilateral lengthening and run the marginal risks beyond the 10cm safe limit by 2-3cm(I don't think that is as horrible as some users here said).

Ballerman

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2022, 09:38:30 PM »

I might go for 5-7cm then. I dont really need it but I have enough money and dont know what to do with it.
Like I could invest it but I dont plan to live that long tbh.

IceTrae38

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2022, 10:08:33 PM »

Which country or doctor are you contemplating doing with LL with?

Ballerman

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2022, 12:43:35 AM »

Germany or Poland. Its closeby, on top I have more control over my rights ;)
I dont know if i can trust polish doctors, i think they lack experience. Some were
apparently trained by paley but you also need some patient cases under your belt

kamaruusman

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2022, 01:13:46 AM »

Yes, 5cm is a safe and doable amount for any LLer and capable.doctor. Don't do LL for less than that, it won't change anything to how you look.

4cm is pretty good. If it means better recovery and proportions-wise, might be a wise move.

TheDream

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2022, 01:48:55 AM »

I was thinking 3 cm Tibias + 4 cm Femurs with as slow a lengthening as possible to minimize the strain on soft tissue and complication risks long term.

Body Builder

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2022, 11:59:24 AM »

I was thinking 3 cm Tibias + 4 cm Femurs with as slow a lengthening as possible to minimize the strain on soft tissue and complication risks long term.
You'll end up giving 80k+ dollars (for internal femurs and external tibias or more than 100k for both internals) for a respectabke doctor (because you said you want to minimize the risks so you need only a serious and capable doctor who are always expensive) for something you can achieve easily with only femurs LL and without many risks.

These amounts for LL (like 3cm) are a joke. Better do femur LL and take a good car or give the extra money to charities if you hase so plemty that you are willing to do 2 LLs for 7cm. After all 2 so invasive surgeries are mote risky than doing one and lengthening a normal amount like 6cm on tibias or 7 on femurs.

But lets stay on topic because most of the times every topic ends with how many cms would someone willing to do or  with which doctor is he planing to do LL.

Ballerman

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2022, 01:52:18 PM »

Yeah, its always a trade off between risk and money. LL still is a very expensive and invasive procedure. It would be cool if it changed in the future but that is mainly related to investors that can potentially drive research in this field.
So if LL becomes a huge market then there surely will be new methods researched. I doubt it will become a big thing tho.
Even if you are short you can find a woman and live a happy life. So short men can generally be satisfied.
Of course some want to be top players on tinder and for that you need the 6'. But you can still be a player if you dont the 6'. Provide a fancy lifestyle and they will be all over you  8)

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2022, 05:50:57 PM »

This video gets posted a lot.  I agree with the gist but this is also an extreme example.  Stew is 5 feet tall.  Thats like an order of magnitude shorter than most of the people even in this forum.  Its like 1 inch away from being classified as a dwarf.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

Ballerman

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2022, 08:58:55 PM »

This video gets posted a lot.  I agree with the gist but this is also an extreme example.  Stew is 5 feet tall.  Thats like an order of magnitude shorter than most of the people even in this forum.  Its like 1 inch away from being classified as a dwarf.

hmm, you going with dr becker? I want to 5'7 to 5'9 too. How much do I have to pay approximately in Euro?

oklama

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2023, 06:05:54 AM »

thats not the point.. nobody wants to have to work 10x harder for the same result bro. and if you do get very successful. what's 75k to just do a limb lengthening if you want it so bad. the physical pain is negligible compared to the mental.
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up