Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Alex Monegal (Barcelona, Spain) Clinica Diagonal  (Read 290944 times)

Bander72

Re: Dr Alex Monegal (Barcelona, Spain) Clinica Diagonal
« Reply #527 on: August 08, 2017, 09:25:10 AM »

So all the cult members are accessible through this app know.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Auron

« Reply #528 on: August 08, 2017, 11:00:50 AM »

I know that Auron has already finished LL which is why I wonder why he still behaves like that as if speaking about Dr. Monegal as a god might get him some benefit.

As a god? Please. Is your dictionary so narrow that you can't express yourself with the right words?

I've finished LL and I still recommend Dr. Monegal as a doctor. Why? Well, maybe because he has done a fabulous job with my legs and having had my last surgery in march I am already able to run. Look at helloworld and all the exercises he is able to do. I've yet to see any LLer capable of doing what he does. Sure, you can turn a blind eye to all of Monegal's best cases but the fact is that he is having a tremendous sucess with his patients, even as one of the cheapest doctors.

realpatient

« Reply #529 on: August 08, 2017, 04:27:46 PM »

First of all, Dr. Monegal is not and will never be the best option as we all know. The price should not be the biggest concern in this surgery. Bad cases are the result of chance and many other factors, and as you said all doctors with experience have had complications. It is not the fact that Dr. Monegal has had bad cases, but rather his attitude towards them. I have spoken to many prospective and current patients of Dr. Monegal and he has some very unethical attitudes as many users in this forum have once said. However, what is most worrying is the fact the many of his patients behave like a cult saying "Dr. Monegal is the best of the world" when it is not the case. I know that Dr. Monegal doesn't allow patients to speak negatively of him in the forum and actually makes them post only positive aspects about him, which he does indeed have.

I know that Auron has already finished LL which is why I wonder why he still behaves like that as if speaking about Dr. Monegal as a god might get him some benefit. Of course, I will not argue any further in this matter because the people who told me that would not like that I speak of their current problems. I think my word is important to me, and I am not telling lies to cause damage to Dr. Monegal but sometimes this cult-like behaviour is too exaggerated for me to bear.

The reason for Auron to speak good is he's visiting Helloworld in Barcelona and probably wants from the doctor. Don't trust these patients. They are manipulated.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #530 on: August 08, 2017, 06:49:14 PM »

I created a Whatsapp group for Dr. Monegal current and former patients, seperate from this forum.
This is private group, where Dr. Monegal has no access to, so we share everything about Dr. Monegal there. And of course I know about some bad stuff. So for me and every other patient Dr. Monegal is just a good doctor, nothing like a God, nor did I see that expressed here.
However, everybody, including Musicmaker, and including multi-millionaire patients, would go to him again, if they were to do LL, and Yagan is actually doing just that.
What you could do to find out, is to send a private message to each Monegal patient - there are a lot here- and ask, if they were to recommend him.

I can say the same for Dr. Guichet patients, I'm also in 2 whatsapp groups and there are a lot of multi-millionare patients who want to have another surgery with him. I think it is the same for all the doctors after they've had good results. Yes, I agree with you that this forum is biased and to contact individual patients might bring us closer to the actual truth but I wouldn't trust all from this forum. Anyway I'm not interested in Dr. Monegal as a doctor for my future tibia surgery (if I do it in the end), I would go to Dr. Catagni or Dr. Pili.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #531 on: August 08, 2017, 06:56:38 PM »

As a god? Please. Is your dictionary so narrow that you can't express yourself with the right words?

I've finished LL and I still recommend Dr. Monegal as a doctor. Why? Well, maybe because he has done a fabulous job with my legs and having had my last surgery in march I am already able to run. Look at helloworld and all the exercises he is able to do. I've yet to see any LLer capable of doing what he does. Sure, you can turn a blind eye to all of Monegal's best cases but the fact is that he is having a tremendous sucess with his patients, even as one of the cheapest doctors.

Actually, I speak 5 languages but I'm a master of none, so I apologize for not using the right terminology. What I meant is that many of the users here speak of the doctor in radical terms: He is the best in the world, etc etc. Look at me, I started to walk 2 months post op and normally 3 months post op... I'm back to normal life I go out, party, dance as if nothing had happened. Of course, I would wait until 6 months to start doing serious weight training and running, but I am being overly cautious it's in my nature. I don't turn a blind eye to Monegal best cases and I know every doctor has good and bad results, and many doctors have had as much success as him. It is the stories about him people who personally know him and his patients have told me that concern me. I don't think he is devoid of technical capacity, but I wouldn't say he is close to being the best.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

realpatient

« Reply #532 on: August 08, 2017, 07:31:12 PM »

They speak as if he was a God because they were indoctrinated. When good results people are happy but all this propaganda by Auron and Helloworld isn't normal. Patients know bad stories of this doctor's ethics and technical capacity so please get informed before getting the surgery with him.

helloworld

« Reply #533 on: August 08, 2017, 09:23:45 PM »

They speak as if he was a God because they were indoctrinated. When good results people are happy but all this propaganda by Auron and Helloworld isn't normal. Patients know bad stories of this doctor's ethics and technical capacity so please get informed before getting the surgery with him.

If you want to know more, you can read all the post of "helloworld" and "auron". Does that seem like propaganda? Seriously? I am really trying to be objective and helpful to other members.

On the other hand read every post of realpatient and you will that he is not interested in contributing any knowledge or insights, but just destroy reputation of Dr. Monegal.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

realpatient

« Reply #534 on: August 08, 2017, 09:28:14 PM »

Yours are propaganda and everybody here agrees but the fanboys and the fangirl and I don't want to destroy his reputation. I want to avoid some new people's lives to be destroyed.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #535 on: August 09, 2017, 12:25:32 AM »

Yours are propaganda and everybody here agrees but the fanboys and the fangirl and I don't want to destroy his reputation. I want to avoid some new people's lives to be destroyed.

Now, you are being overly dramatic haha. You have to be fair, he is not a butcher from a third world country.
It is plain obvious there is exaggeration on both sides.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Bander72

« Reply #536 on: August 09, 2017, 01:19:47 AM »

Now, you are being overly dramatic haha. You have to be fair, he is not a butcher from a third world country.
It is plain obvious there is exaggeration on both sides.

The truth is always somewhere in the middle and that is the case here.

Bander72

« Reply #537 on: August 09, 2017, 09:23:42 AM »

Your sarcastic response does not change the fact that its weird how you all gather to defend mongeal. Maybe not treat him as a god but it is very weird like in your case where your fitbone was faulty the first time but you still are so adamant to defend mongeal. It almost does seem like South America says that you guys are looking to score points with mongeal.

Auron

« Reply #538 on: August 09, 2017, 10:02:50 AM »

Your sarcastic response does not change the fact that its weird how you all gather to defend mongeal. Maybe not treat him as a god but it is very weird like in your case where your fitbone was faulty the first time but you still are so adamant to defend mongeal. It almost does seem like South America says that you guys are looking to score points with mongeal.
I don't see where is the weirdness of defending a doctor from false statements. There is no such thing as scoring points with a doctor, in the end we all pay the same and are treated the same way since the doctor wants the best for all his patients, which is the best for the doctor as well (besides, we are all done with LL). Helloworld had a faulty nail and is still one of the most sucessful cases of LL history, I challenge you to find a LLer who is as fit as him less then a year post op. So, tell me, considering me and helloworld's physical condition, why shouldn't we recommend Dr. Monegal?

Bander72

« Reply #539 on: August 09, 2017, 10:31:06 AM »

You already know Llusers vendetta and none take him seriously. So what is there to defend? After all mongeals work can speak for itself. Of course it is not a bad thing to recommend him but the way you guys talk in absolutes "as we all know mongeal is the best option" etc...  makes it look like he is a all perfect doctor which we  know does not exist. Thats why I say the truth is in the middle because he has had many good cases but too many things suggest that his ethics aren't the best as guichet.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #540 on: August 09, 2017, 03:21:23 PM »

I don't see where is the weirdness of defending a doctor from false statements. There is no such thing as scoring points with a doctor, in the end we all pay the same and are treated the same way since the doctor wants the best for all his patients, which is the best for the doctor as well (besides, we are all done with LL). Helloworld had a faulty nail and is still one of the most sucessful cases of LL history, I challenge you to find a LLer who is as fit as him less then a year post op. So, tell me, considering me and helloworld's physical condition, why shouldn't we recommend Dr. Monegal?

It is indeed a little bit weird. I remember you and other patients writing in diaries of other doctors and mentioning Monegal/Fitbone. For example, you don't see Penguinn defending Dr. Parihar in every thread where people disregard Indian doctors or say they are butchers. Even if we know that Dr. Parihar is a very respectable surgeon, Penguinn doesn't mention him at all in other threads. In my case, I had the fastest recovery from surgery to going back to life in this forum, but I don't say Guichet is the best surgeon or defend him. So it is normal to say "my surgeon treated me well, I am happy" then stop. However, it doesn't seem to be this way. Instead every time realpatient/Lluser/Cooper/notimportant criticises Monegal, you rush to defend him.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

realpatient

« Reply #541 on: August 09, 2017, 06:22:02 PM »

Real patients like me know Lluser and other so called trolls' statements are real not false but they are afraid of telling the truth because they still depend on him not for lengthening but for other problems and nail removal. Dr Monegal's lack of ability is evident in some cases not in all but his lack of ethics is concerning in all cases such as lies, manipulation, profanity and others.

I'm not exaggerating when I say he destroyed Cooper and Musicmaker's lives and many others not reported here including myself.

google42

« Reply #542 on: August 09, 2017, 06:23:28 PM »

It is indeed a little bit weird. I remember you and other patients writing in diaries of other doctors and mentioning Monegal/Fitbone. For example, you don't see Penguinn defending Dr. Parihar in every thread where people disregard Indian doctors or say they are butchers. Even if we know that Dr. Parihar is a very respectable surgeon, Penguinn doesn't mention him at all in other threads. In my case, I had the fastest recovery from surgery to going back to life in this forum, but I don't say Guichet is the best surgeon or defend him. So it is normal to say "my surgeon treated me well, I am happy" then stop. However, it doesn't seem to be this way. Instead every time realpatient/Lluser/Cooper/notimportant criticises Monegal, you rush to defend him.
It seems like its only the Monegal patients that do this. You don't see other patients trying to frantically defend their doctor. Im not saying dr Monegal is bad, I just think that this is a bit weird.

realpatient

« Reply #543 on: August 09, 2017, 06:43:27 PM »

It isn't that weird because he blackmails them to post good things or manipulates them like puppets like Musicmaker

Auron

« Reply #544 on: August 09, 2017, 07:19:04 PM »

You already know Llusers vendetta and none take him seriously.
I know, but I like to make fun of LLuser and it's army of accounts. Anyways, I could care less what a bunch of ller's wannabe think. At the end of the day its the results that count and they are out there for everyone to see.

Shadow91

« Reply #545 on: August 09, 2017, 09:23:46 PM »

Check my exchange with Auron(Monegal) in Dr. Rozbruch's thread.

deniscef

« Reply #546 on: August 09, 2017, 10:01:41 PM »

Realpatient why you want to  help people who you even not  known?
Admin Note: User banned for creating multiple accounts (bander72. deniscef, backrandon, enrique)  and trying to impersonate other users with similar nicks.

deniscef

« Reply #547 on: August 09, 2017, 10:36:46 PM »

realpatient replied me

realpatient
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)
(No subject)
« Sent to: deniscef on: Today at 10:07:17 PM »
ReplyReplyReply with quoteQuoteRemove this messageRemove
Because I would have liked to have been told the truth beforehand

I cannot understand you, if Dr alex monegal is butcher why The medical council does not ban him from his profession?

Admin Note: User banned for creating multiple accounts (bander72. deniscef, backrandon, enrique)  and trying to impersonate other users with similar nicks.

mediocre

« Reply #548 on: August 17, 2017, 12:14:20 PM »

Every year I come here in this balmy Barcelona and this is my third time. Weather is great and so much more but I won't have surgery with this doctor based on what everyone is posting.

Ever heard of "Caveat Emptor?"

deniscef

« Reply #549 on: August 17, 2017, 12:31:19 PM »

Ok then,come to brazil and pay 70k USD to have internal ISKD with a doctor who has 73 years old and  and only proceed 16 people.Or go to dr paley and spent 90k+22,5k= 112,5k USD,I trust dr monegal. You can rendezvous problems with any doctor. So good luck.

Datum

« Reply #550 on: August 27, 2017, 12:57:49 AM »

New users considering Monegal should check this. Back in 2016 some people claimed Lluser was a troll and he was banned. Then Cooper showed the truth to everybody. Check from 24th march 2016.

-   Cooper’s diary FROM 24th march 2016:
-   http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2454.124

You should check this too:

-   Doctors or salesmen? Cases of dishonesty in LL http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2954.0
-   Monegal debate http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4321.msg66939#msg66939
-   Do some doctors threaten or intimidate you if you write a diary? http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3788.msg58005#msg58005

There are more threads.

People said LLuser was a troll but he wasn’t. He was telling the truth the same as Cooper. Dr Monegal is really fortunate. Most users here call US TROLLS even if we aren’t, and his worst case doesn’t want to open her mouth as Unicorn did, but I can assure you as far as many of us know the case is bad enough for him to have his license revoked. You can't get out from cases like this unscathed (unless the victim driven by Stockholm syndrome decides not to denounce).
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Four Inch

« Reply #551 on: August 27, 2017, 09:52:39 AM »

It's obvious that Datum, although never a patient of Monegal has an axe to grind.  He posts all over the forum claiming he is just warning others about Monegal but has no first hand knowledge.  Someone this obsessed with ruining someone reputation, with no personal experience, is obviously trolling.

I considered both Monegal and Paley.  Paley's office is very close to where I live but I also though it might be better to go though this experience away from family and friends.  Although, the cost was significantly less with Monegal, cost itself was not a big driver for me. I can understand how cost can be a deciding factor, just keep in mind how specialized this type of surgery is and choose carefully.

Monegal did discuss with me a certain complication that did arise with one patient without me even prodding him to do so; the fact that neither the doctor or patient lost faith in each other was a big plus for me; a very different experience than Unicorn's. I was aware of Coopers unfortunate demise.   Perhaps if Cooper would have followed the protocol and not left Barcelona much earlier that he was suppose to leave, then perhaps his issue could have corrected before it got worse once he returned home; just speculation on my part; but following the doctors orders is obviously important.

My feeling is that any experienced doctor has or will be up against a complication at one time or another; its not a matter of if but of when.  It's how the doctor behaves after the fact that determines if they are a good doctor or not. 

It's not that I have the qualifications to claim that Dr. Monegal is an exceptional surgeon; but I do feel comfortable is stating that he is certainly competent and goes out of his way in caring for his patients. 

People said LLuser was a troll but he wasn’t. He was telling the truth the same as Cooper. Dr Monegal is really fortunate. Most users here call US TROLLS even if we aren’t, and his worst case doesn’t want to open her mouth as Unicorn did, but I can assure you as far as many of us know the case is bad enough for him to have his license revoked. You can't get out from cases like this unscathed (unless the victim driven by Stockholm syndrome decides not to denounce).

The Dreamer

« Reply #552 on: August 27, 2017, 11:41:54 AM »

As an external reader I will provide my own opinion.
Sincerely i don't see any reason that would involve LLuser,Datum,newpatient or others to attempt to destroy Monegal's carrier.Surely they are not promoving other surgeons,so it's not a competition between other suergeons.I thinks they are trying to make people to think upon all strange things that happened with Musicmaker,Cooper and others.
Honestly,as other users said, I personally find strage the behaviour of Auron,Four Inch,hellodream and other Monegal's patients: you are always attempting to strongly defend this doctor in every thread.
Statements like "he is the best in the world","amazing doctor","the best choice for cosmetic ll" ,"I love him" make people suspicious.
If I would manage to achieve a succesfull operation I cleraly would be very happy.But I would never say that my doctor "is the best in the world" or "i fall in love with him".Because I will never know how good are the oders doctors.
However if you all guys had good surgeries with this doctor,better for you
This was my opinion
The Dreamer
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Ozymandias

« Reply #553 on: August 27, 2017, 01:15:50 PM »

Sincerely i don't see any reason that would involve LLuser,Datum,newpatient or others to attempt to destroy Monegal's carrier.

Don't you realize that all those usernames are actually the same person?

And isn't that behavior (creating multiple usernames to "support" your own arguments) a hint that he is a mentally unstable person who should not be taken seriously?

backrandom

« Reply #554 on: August 27, 2017, 05:45:35 PM »

Don't you realize that all those usernames are actually the same person?

And isn't that behavior (creating multiple usernames to "support" your own arguments) a hint that he is a mentally unstable person who should not be taken seriously?

The troll creates multiple accounts, but don't forget some Monegal patients have mental problems and do the same. Recently it was demonstrated that Neverland and Summerbreeze are the same person with different accounts created to support herself and her dumb opinions (because they aren't supported by anyone else in this forum), and also to create drama using other people's tragedies. I don't like the troll but the troll may have a reason to post   (vendetta after what he thinks it's a failed surgery). This Neverland user disturbs Monegal patients and creates drama in the forum even before surgery and that's more a hint of mental unstability.

Datum

« Reply #555 on: August 27, 2017, 06:20:39 PM »

Monegal did discuss with me a certain complication that did arise with one patient without me even prodding him to do so; the fact that neither the doctor or patient lost faith in each other was a big plus for me; a very different experience than Unicorn's. I was aware of Coopers unfortunate demise.   Perhaps if Cooper would have followed the protocol and not left Barcelona much earlier that he was suppose to leave, then perhaps his issue could have corrected before it got worse once he returned home; just speculation on my part; but following the doctors orders is obviously important.

He did it because he was aware you were reading the forum but he used to lie a lot about this famous case. Back in 2015 this patient had had a dizaine of surgeries and he was dishonest enough to tell prospective patients that he had had no complications at all (read Lluser thread). He also lied in this forum about the causes of complications and new complications encountered by this patient and others.

About Cooper, PLEASE. The doctor himself told Cooper he could leave if he wanted in 1 month because he was doing 2 stages. Don't blame Cooper because he did what Dr Monegal told him and many people here can confirm this. Most people who did 2 stages came back home in 4/7 days (Paco1, Musicmaker, Yagen...). Cooper stayed in Barcelona for 3/4 weeks at least. Why do you lie?
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Auron

« Reply #556 on: August 27, 2017, 06:30:08 PM »

Why do you lie?
You're the only one lying here, get lost  ::)

Four Inch

« Reply #557 on: August 28, 2017, 07:03:00 AM »

Why do you lie?

It is my understanding that Cooper left the second week after surgery rather than staying at the  MICs for a full month. Others that were at MICs at the same time as Cooper that can certainly confirm.   Monegal, was insistent that I stay a minimum of 5 weeks, one week in the clinic and 4 weeks at MICs, he preferred that I stay even longer.

Just to be clear, I certainly don't know that Coopers outcome would have been different;I was just surprised when I was told he left early and that Monegal did not even know that he had returned home until later. 

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24   Go Up