Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femur or Tibia?  (Read 682 times)

LothLorien

• Visitor
Femur or Tibia?
« on: October 13, 2022, 04:57:48 PM »

Hello guys, i have been reading a lot of diaries and comments about this surgery. So i wanted to get you opinion about what should i do.
I am from UK 21 yo 5"5' girl. As like many of you i am considering to have this surgery. I believe it will give the boost i want for my career.
So question is which is best. Femur or Tibia? Of course i do not want to max-out so how many inches of lengthening would not break my proportion.
Dreaming to be tall as like an elf..

Shogun

Re: Femur or Tibia?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 09:27:15 PM »

There have been multiple topics regarding this question. Also a youtube channel 'called Cybord4Life' has answered that question as well.

To not waste your time further here is the detailed answer:

Femurs ARE BETTER than tibia lengthening generally
Why? Because they can be lengthened more safely, cost less and heal faster.

The only disadvantage are proportions. If you stick to 5cm it's fine. But if you go for the full 8 cm, it's highly recommended you go for tibias too to balance things out. Most short people pull off the 8+4/5 very well.

Now if you are one of those people with extremely short femurs compared to tibias then yes u cna go full 8 without caring about proportions.Try making mock-ups so you see yourself.

A thing to keep in mind is that femurs are the longest bone of your body, hence the one providing most height. 90% of people i personally see in my daily life have long femurs. That's why 8+4 is well fitted for short people.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 10:10:29 PM »

Highly disagree with the person above. Proportions are the least relevant thing once you do LL. You worry about a million things and have 99 problems but wingspan or femur to tibia percent is none of them at all. Irl I have seen patients and you can‘t tell a difference. Especially with clothes males use the extra femur length is “hidden” so to speak.

Pros of femur:
Heals faster, more height gain, safer, easier surgery.

Tibia perhaps is easier to deal with lengthening pain and stretching and muscle tension which is a big factor. Plus wide legs and duckass and hip swing is so much more  ty than ballerina foot in my opinion.

I would decide in regards to the lengthening device I choose. In general I would recommend femur first though

TheDream

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 03:33:17 PM »

Tibias require lengthening the fibular as well. From what I’ve seen there is a higher risk of complications because of this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up