Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bilateral Internal Femurs Precice 2 - Dr. Paley (December 12th 2022)  (Read 629 times)

shortkid

I got off the phone with the surgeon booker today and I am officially calling to book my surgery for tomorrow. I had a consultation with Dr. Paley when 8 years ago, but I was too young and nervous to pull the trigger.

Background
Current Height: 162cm (5'4)
Goal Height: 170cm (5'7)

Why I am doing it
Honestly I have always wanted to be taller since I was younger. I will admit I am more on the shallow side when it comes to looks and searching for a female partner. I don't think I have a real chance at the kind of girls I am interested in at this height. I am pretty outgoing and have asked a lot of girls out with little success. I have a lot of other things going for me like financials, decent face, etc so I am hoping this is the missing piece. I feel pretty confident in most areas of my life except for this one part. I also plan to start working out as I always felt weird trying to be a 5'4 muscular guy since I thought it looked weird proportionally.

Another reason I am doing it is I don't value my athleticism anymore. I tore my acl and meniscus a few years ago and feel like I will always be around 95% of what I once was. To sacrifice another 5% of athleticism is fine with me. Plus, I feel like doing over a year and a half of combined PT for it has prepared me well for what this journey will entail.

How I currently feel
Tbh I am very nervous about doing the surgery, but I feel like I don't have a choice. I'm not excited about it, but I know when I am on the other side of it all I will be happy I did it. I'm not even sure is making me so nervous. I know the surgery will go smoothly cuz Paley is the best. And I should be able to avoid complications for the same reason. I guess I'm just nervous about permanently changing my body, or maybe not liking my proportions. I have a short torso and have the same sitting height as people who are like 5 ft. I don't think people will really notice proportions though and if I am taller standing I will have to live with having a short sitting height on dates.

informationispower

Re: Bilateral Internal Femurs Precice 2 - Dr. Paley (December 12th 2022)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 08:44:33 AM »

Good luck and have a safe lengthening

Vogel

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 09:29:13 AM »

Happy for you man. Wish you the best of luck on your journey.

AllinStryde

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 08:16:26 PM »

Good luck bro, you chose the king of lengthening.  You won't be disappointed.  We look forward to your diary.  You and I were about the same starting height.  I felt like I had to do it also...not like some of the 5'10" or 6' foot dude-bros who are like..."I just found out about cll a month ago and think it would be cool to be the tallest person."  No, when you are 5'5" and under, it has been in the forefront of  your mind for years, not just in the back of your mind...So I hear ya!  Best of luck.  I would recommend the "Fresh Element" for Thai, Asian fusion food while you're there.  And btw, the hotel next door to the Hilton has a hot tub, and they don't check if you're staying there.  Feed the stray cats in the parking lot if you stay at the Hilton for me.

ThirdSpace

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 06:45:55 PM »

Wishing you the best of luck!

Are you worried at all about the lack of weight bearing in the Precise Nail? And are you also planning on working at all during this procedure? I have a remote job but wondering if you are the same or similar situation. Feel free to DM me if more comfortable.

shortkid

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 11:04:27 PM »

Technically I’m under 150 pounds so I could be weight bearing I believe but obviously won’t be. Hoping they allow me to uses crutches though more often. I am planning on doing a lot of zoom meetings during the time. I will take pain meds if needed. My job is basically hybrid but I can take the time off if I want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up