Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Femur Lengthening makes your arm look shorter?  (Read 884 times)

Mlncholia

• Visitor
Does Femur Lengthening makes your arm look shorter?
« on: November 03, 2022, 09:56:29 PM »

I am planning to do femur lengthening, however I do think my arm is short and I am worried if the femur lengthening will mess up my proportion. Any ideas?

slowed & reverb

Re: Does Femur Lengthening makes your arm look shorter?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 11:24:17 PM »

measure your wingspan/height ratio if its 1:1 or your wingspan is shorter a few cms you will probably look a bit odd if you lengthen more than 6-7 cms...
It also depends on your other body proportions, if you have thicker thies, height increase wont be that visible, therefore you cna go for more and even tho you will lose muscles during the operation, you will get them back eventually..

Nonetheless theres a rule, that as long as you can reach your pockets it should look natural, note that safe lengthening limit under which you can keep most of your athleticity and experience little to no complication is 20% of your bone ratio.
Want to get Precice 2 Tibias and Femurs in 2 years 5+4cm

informationispower

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 11:35:47 PM »

measure your wingspan/height ratio if its 1:1 or your wingspan is shorter a few cms you will probably look a bit odd if you lengthen more than 6-7 cms...
It also depends on your other body proportions, if you have thicker thies, height increase wont be that visible, therefore you cna go for more and even tho you will lose muscles during the operation, you will get them back eventually..

Nonetheless theres a rule, that as long as you can reach your pockets it should look natural, note that safe lengthening limit under which you can keep most of your athleticity and experience little to no complication is 20% of your bone ratio.

You will always reach your pockets no matter how much you lengthen as everyone wears pants the same way... When surgeons tell that "as long as you reach your pockets" phrase, it means they dont give a   about proportions

slowed & reverb

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 11:50:23 PM »

The point is that when you lengthen more than 8cms you usually wear your pants a bit lower so the disproportion is not that noticable
Want to get Precice 2 Tibias and Femurs in 2 years 5+4cm

EndGame

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 08:09:15 PM »

Tibia lengthening will not make your arms look shorter but femur lengthening does. Generally hands on average reach about halfway hip to knee on your femurs. Tibia LL won't change how far down your fingers reach towards your knees. However, add 8cm to femurs and your hands basically become 8 cm father from your knees. That's only 4 cm father from the midpoint of femur, so it's not that bad. Generally wingspan equal to height and you'll be fine. Height matters more than proportions and you can always do humerus LL after femurs if it really bothers you. Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up