Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am depressed and I need advice?  (Read 12358 times)

sadboy

I am depressed and I need advice?
« on: July 16, 2014, 08:27:55 PM »

Before you read this, I will please ask you not to judge me because I have been very sad lately about my height. I am depressed for years and it is still continuing...

I am writing this here because only you guys can understand me since we are going through the same thing and we are here to support each other.

I don't know if I should do LL if it will ruin my body and muscles. It will make my legs skinnier and make my ass disappear. You might think this is funny but I actually care for my fitness. What is the point of gaining something and lose something else? I am trying to accept that I might face many complications during the surgery but I constantly get nightmares about it. I REALLY want to get taller but if I won't do LL I cannot accept myself with this height, it ruins my image, it ruins my life... What should I do? I am very suicidal also especially when I visit countries such as the UK quite often and see how many people (AND WOMEN WITHOUT HEELS) are so tall, it's like someone just pierces my heart with a knife, it really hurts.

paco1

Re: I am depressed and I need advice?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 08:36:04 PM »

What is your age?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 08:36:30 PM »

Do you have friends and/or family members that can support you when you start feeling suicidal? If you're absolutely sure that it's your height that makes you feel this way then start saving up and researching doctors and lengthening methods, going with the most qualified and experienced limb lengthening surgeon you can find. If you go to a super expert in Ilizarov surgeries then you'll have peace of mind that you won't have by going to a joint replacement surgeon or a doctor who only does it every so often. There's probably a degree of potential max athletic ability that you will lose but at the same time if you're thinking of killing yourself then are you even putting your life to good use? With enough strength training you'll regain that lost muscle in your legs. Muscle atrophy is only a temporary side effect of the lengthening process.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

BilateralDamage

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 08:50:03 PM »

You're depressed, you need to see a therapist and talk out your problems with them.

Put on some 3 inch lifts.  Does this really improve your quality of life so much that it makes you no longer depressed?  Because if it doesn't, LL is not going to help you.

LL is not a cure for depression.  LL is a method of improving your self-perceived image of yourself and thus boost your confidence, but it's not going to improve a depressed person's mental outlook on their self.  If you're depressed, you will always find something to complain about in your self image.

Work on improving your mental health, therapy will do wonders for this.  Stay away from any medication doctors prescribe for depression.

paco1

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 08:50:56 PM »

Now you have to wear insoles until to do the surgery.
My heigh is 1,63cm.
i started with 3cm and now i wear 6,5-7cm. In september i have my surgery with doctor salameh.
you have to save the money but until to have the money with insoles you will be more happy and quiet.
I knew this surgery 2 years and 4 months ago, and finally i will do in september. I do a lot of sports but i prefer to lose some abilty to sport and to be more heigh. My goal is 5,5-6cm.
cheers, and many forcé.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 09:39:47 PM »

Before you read this, I will please ask you not to judge me because I have been very sad lately about my height. I am depressed for years and it is still continuing...

I am writing this here because only you guys can understand me since we are going through the same thing and we are here to support each other.

I don't know if I should do LL if it will ruin my body and muscles. It will make my legs skinnier and make my ass disappear. You might think this is funny but I actually care for my fitness. What is the point of gaining something and lose something else? I am trying to accept that I might face many complications during the surgery but I constantly get nightmares about it. I REALLY want to get taller but if I won't do LL I cannot accept myself with this height, it ruins my image, it ruins my life... What should I do? I am very suicidal also especially when I visit countries such as the UK quite often and see how many people (AND WOMEN WITHOUT HEELS) are so tall, it's like someone just pierces my heart with a knife, it really hurts.

Long-term, LL on tibiae with Ilizarov frames did not make my legs skinnier and did not make my ass disappear.  That was just atrophy from when I had the frames on and didn't do much exercise.  Don't worry, you can gain your muscles back.

As for complications, you've got to go to the most skilled/experienced doctor you can afford.  I know that Dr. Peng in Beijing has done hundreds of cosmetic LL surgeries successfully, and monitors his patients during the LL process to fix any complications as soon as they develop.  He makes sure you're not lengthening too fast or too slow, and that you're not getting bowed, x'ed, or bent legs.  For a surgery as major as LL, it seems to have a low complication rate if you choose the right doctor.

sadboy

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 10:41:08 PM »

What is your age?

I do not want to reply that in a public forum.

Long-term, LL on tibiae with Ilizarov frames did not make my legs skinnier and did not make my ass disappear.  That was just atrophy from when I had the frames on and didn't do much exercise.  Don't worry, you can gain your muscles back.

As for complications, you've got to go to the most skilled/experienced doctor you can afford.  I know that Dr. Peng in Beijing has done hundreds of cosmetic LL surgeries successfully, and monitors his patients during the LL process to fix any complications as soon as they develop.  He makes sure you're not lengthening too fast or too slow, and that you're not getting bowed, x'ed, or bent legs.  For a surgery as major as LL, it seems to have a low complication rate if you choose the right doctor.

I am actually willing to give as much as I can to go to a good doctor to prevent complications as much as possible but even with good doctors complications can happen. Personally I am concerned about my body (legs, ass) they are the only things that give me confidence since I exercise and worked hard for my body. Many people say I'm good looking but it doesn't change the fact that I hate my height. I am planning to visit Dr. Guichet btw. Until now I am thinking of him (I even payed the consultation).

You're depressed, you need to see a therapist and talk out your problems with them.

Put on some 3 inch lifts.  Does this really improve your quality of life so much that it makes you no longer depressed?  Because if it doesn't, LL is not going to help you.

LL is not a cure for depression.  LL is a method of improving your self-perceived image of yourself and thus boost your confidence, but it's not going to improve a depressed person's mental outlook on their self.  If you're depressed, you will always find something to complain about in your self image.

Work on improving your mental health, therapy will do wonders for this.  Stay away from any medication doctors prescribe for depression.

Yes! I feel better when I appear taller. I cannot describe it but people here can understand the feeling I'm talking about. It's really hard to find elevator shoes so I ordered special shoes from online to make me a few cms (5) taller and even with that amount I feel better. So LL will definitely make me feel better. I read your diary and since you are doing it on a good doctor, how is your body? Did your legs and ass become skinnier? I read that your ass disappeared o_o

Do you have friends and/or family members that can support you when you start feeling suicidal? If you're absolutely sure that it's your height that makes you feel this way then start saving up and researching doctors and lengthening methods, going with the most qualified and experienced limb lengthening surgeon you can find. If you go to a super expert in Ilizarov surgeries then you'll have peace of mind that you won't have by going to a joint replacement surgeon or a doctor who only does it every so often. There's probably a degree of potential max athletic ability that you will lose but at the same time if you're thinking of killing yourself then are you even putting your life to good use? With enough strength training you'll regain that lost muscle in your legs. Muscle atrophy is only a temporary side effect of the lengthening process.

I do have friends and such but they do not know anything. I never express what I feel but right now I feel exhausted, and yes I am sure it is my height that makes me suicidal. I just hate it so much making me hate myself hence making me sad. I have height dysphoria/neurosis.

Thanks everyone for your support by the way.

G-Man

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 12:35:40 AM »

If you do 4-5cm repercussions should be minimal on your body.
Also if you want an ego and or self-esteem boost, visit an Asian country! ;)

theuprising

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 09:20:15 AM »

How tall are you sadboy?

All surgical procedures carry a risk with the extreme being death.
You have to weigh up whether being taller outweighs the risks
of surgery.

sadboy

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 02:13:28 PM »

How tall are you sadboy?

All surgical procedures carry a risk with the extreme being death.
You have to weigh up whether being taller outweighs the risks
of surgery.

Getting taller does outweigh the risks. I'm just concerned about my body getting "ruined" if you know what I mean. (I mentioned it above).

GeTs

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 04:53:42 PM »

Getting taller does outweigh the risks. I'm just concerned about my body getting "ruined" if you know what I mean. (I mentioned it above).
do 4cm then

sadboy

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 06:47:48 PM »

do 4cm then

I'm not talking about proportionality by the way, unless you mean that 4cm will have no effect on my legs, making them thinner.

TRS

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 09:19:55 AM »

See it from this perspective, there is no way for you to permanently grow taller besides LL while muscles are highly adaptable and hypertrophy is achievable through proper training. If you keep your lengthening goal within the recommended safe distance then chances of safe recovery is higher. Muscle loss should be a temporary issue and you will be able to regain your leg and ass muscles through proper training, once you have recovered from LL.

sadboy

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 01:34:42 PM »

See it from this perspective, there is no way for you to permanently grow taller besides LL while muscles are highly adaptable and hypertrophy is achievable through proper training. If you keep your lengthening goal within the recommended safe distance then chances of safe recovery is higher. Muscle loss should be a temporary issue and you will be able to regain your leg and ass muscles through proper training, once you have recovered from LL.

Thank you for your help. I will keep that in mind. Maybe Dr. Guichet will be a good option for LL since he wants his patients to exercise.

craig49

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 02:01:41 PM »

I doubt few people on earth had more horror than me with LL and I can run and play football fairly normally now. 
How tall are you?  Wingspan? 

Another thing to consider if you really feel so bad in UK is to take a trip to Asia, or anywhere else where the average height in not so high.  I am currently on vacation to Southeast Asia and guys 160cm are getting tons of action.  It is actually making me jealous.

Blackhawk

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 02:54:57 PM »

Hey Craig49

I read your diary and that was truly a horror story!  I'm glad to hear that things are going much better for you.  How long did it take you to run normal?  How far can you run now?

sadboy

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 03:21:19 PM »

I doubt few people on earth had more horror than me with LL and I can run and play football fairly normally now. 

Another thing to consider if you really feel so bad in UK is to take a trip to Asia, or anywhere else where the average height in not so high.  I am currently on vacation to Southeast Asia and guys 160cm are getting tons of action.  It is actually making me jealous.

I am 168 cm tall and to be honest, visiting Asia so I feel taller? Really now? Another guy mentioned this as well but what is the point? I might as well not travel at all or better yet, become taller permanently.

What was your original height and how tall are you now?
Also how is your body? (did it change?) that is what I am concerned with this surgery mostly and nothing else.

craig49

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »

Individuals are not unique, it is society and the people around you that really shape how most of us turn out.  A 5'3 Asian dude in America would hate his life, but I have seen tons of 5'3 Asian guys in Asia who are very happy and have hot girlfriends.  Sociology can explain it all.
I am right at 183cm.  I travel all the time, net around 150K USD now working for the largest oil company on earth.  Even with all that, I find talking to Western women a chore.  When I am in Asia, it is easy, although I still usually end up paying for sex.  You could get some lengthening done and heal right and function if you do it right, but all I am saying is that it will not make everything perfect in your life.  Traveling around and meeting people outside of your small bubble will at least give you some perspective.  My starting height was around 171-172cm.  If I had been born in any country in Asia, I am sure I would have gotten married, had a lot of friends, and a happy life, never thinking about LL.
Of course the body is different after LL, but it eventually normalizes out. 

sadboy

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 04:12:21 PM »

Individuals are not unique, it is society and the people around you that really shape how most of us turn out.  A 5'3 Asian dude in America would hate his life, but I have seen tons of 5'3 Asian guys in Asia who are very happy and have hot girlfriends.  Sociology can explain it all.
I am right at 183cm.  I travel all the time, net around 150K USD now working for the largest oil company on earth.  Even with all that, I find talking to Western women a chore.  When I am in Asia, it is easy, although I still usually end up paying for sex.  You could get some lengthening done and heal right and function if you do it right, but all I am saying is that it will not make everything perfect in your life.  Traveling around and meeting people outside of your small bubble will at least give you some perspective.  My starting height was around 171-172cm.  If I had been born in any country in Asia, I am sure I would have gotten married, had a lot of friends, and a happy life, never thinking about LL.

I know that LL will not make my life perfect because there is no such thing as the ''perfect life''. I am definitely sure that it will improve it by a lot. Psychologically I will feel better about myself and I will gain more confidence to be in my own skin.
Either way, I do not feel like travelling, I hardly feel like living so I don't want to travel.
I just hope when I do LL everything will be fine because after all, cosmetic limb lengthening is my last hope...

craig49

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 04:36:25 PM »

Well go for LL then, what is your wingspan?  You are aiming for 180cm?  What country are you from? 

There is no reason you won't be able to function like before.  What is your main sport now? 

sadboy

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 04:40:42 PM »

Well go for LL then, what is your wingspan?  You are aiming for 180cm?  What country are you from? 

There is no reason you won't be able to function like before.  What is your main sport now? 

Want to communicate with private messages?

Sweden

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 11:04:06 PM »

Nice to hear from you Craig. Must be 15 months ago now.

My condition is much better now. I still need 10-15 degrees of motion in my feet and I still have a little bit of X-legs but I hope it will correct itself after I hit the gym real bad the next 6 months.
I can fully squat, but on my toes only.
I can run short rounds but not more.

I'm almost dead on decided to do my femurs with Dr Jamal in Ukraine. Hopefully he can correct my X-legs if it won't get away until next summer.

I'm ~179 now and will be ~184 after femurs.
We should meet for a coffee when I'm back from Ukraine :)

Take care mate!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 05:10:17 AM »

168 and you're depressed and having suicidal thoughts? Cmon now, thats not even that short compared to some of us on here that are shorter and yet still living life normally.
Asses are over rated anyway, if you think CLL will really help your self esteem issues and help with the depression then save and get it done. You should and will heal properly, just pick a good Dr

craig49

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 08:36:56 AM »

Sweden,
that sounds pretty good, send or post some pics of your legs now, I will give you my 2 cents as to if I think they can be fixed via femurs.  Did the Japanese guy turn out okay?

ellemcham123

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 11:43:48 AM »

And Craig,

It's great to see you back. How have things changed since you've last posted? Can you give us an update? I am not too happy at the moment (11 months post-op). Do you think my negative feelings will eventually turn around? A lot of my negative feelings revolve around not being able to run and play sports like I used to. I feel useless in many ways. Also, I feel weak and really thin (I used to be muscular and fit before LL).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:49:53 AM by ellemcham123 »

Wannabegiant

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 06:43:34 PM »

Hey Craig, when you say you can run and play football fairly normally now, what is the main difference from before LL and now? of course the longer limbs and leg mechanics takes some time to get used to i assume, but in terms of general agility and mobility/flexibility how does it compare to pre LL? Do you feel weaker in the legs or not?

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »

It's not a surprise that you've had complications, given that 10-11 cm of lengthening is highly unadvisable, no?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

crimsontide

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 03:28:30 PM »

i like hearing from craig49....

more posts please

ReadRothbard

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 08:31:08 AM »

You'll lose your lower body muscles, but only temporarily. According to Dr. Paley, you should be back to doing weight training in six months using lengthening over nail (LON); it'll take some time (maybe 1-1.5 years) to gain your muscle back (possibly MUCH faster depending on how aggressive your workout program is), but that is no different than recovering from an injury. I'm thinking about doing about 10 cm on my tibias, and I'm also worried about losing muscle mass in my legs (though you might not lose all of it after only six months), but I realize I can just get it back without much problem with just some time and effort back in the Jim.

I recommend doing Stronglifts 5x5 to get your lower body muscle back after doing your LL.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up