Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: CCL LON on Femurs w Dr. Yunus Oc - wannabetaller - Turkey  (Read 7791 times)

QuarkSoup

CCL LON on Femurs w Dr. Yunus Oc - wannabetaller - Turkey
« on: November 26, 2022, 05:59:00 PM »

Hello guys,

This diary will be about CCL, LON on Femurs, Dr Yunus Oc, Beykent University Hospital, everything and everyone included in the process.

I normally live in the capital city of Turkey, Ankara. I thought I could go back to my home after hospital discharge and didn't bother to bring my laptop. After seeing how difficult first days are Idecided to stay at wannabettaller's  rehabilitation facility. Writing diary on my ipad is a little time consuming and difficult but I'll complete this Diary.

I will always specify the day I will be talking about as I might be adding entries other days. They will be accurate because I will have taken notes quickly in my own language (Turkish) during the relevant days. I'll call surgery day 22  Nov as Day 0, 26 Nov as Day 4.

A little about me, I'm 173cm (5'8.11") with 78cm inseam , 28y old Turkish embedded system and AI engineer. I completed ECE B.S. in the US a few years ago. My height growth stopped at the age of 12 and it has been bothering me a lot since then. I first researched this surgery when I was 15y old but I couldn't go far because my english was pretty bad at that time also the photos I saw scared the hell out of me (Ilizarov). 3y later one of my highschool friends went to the US and I saw him again after 2y he was much much taller than me. I asked him how he grew like 15cm and he said he just grew. After this, I got serious about CCL again and waited for the right time to have it done. I always thought I'd have it done in the US like that friend of mine, for some reason I didn't think about Turkey, even tho my whole family is made up of Turkish Doctors and the Health Sector here is very good IMO. I have been saving for a long time then I gradually lost like $150-170k in stock market after the FED's Monetary contraction decision due to rising inflation and russia's invasion of Ukraine.

I had no intention of selling big chunk of my stocks just for CCL So I started looking at Turkey as an alternative and saw Nicholas videos on youtube. I asked him some questions and he patiently answered everything in detail, really great person. He said he was very satisfied with everything so I went on and contacted the same company, wannabetaller. I asked about the process and dear Tugce sent me a detailed pdf document 44pages long, explaining almost everything then I asked for consultation with Dr. Yunus Oc face to face, I wanted to meet him in person. I went to his office and talked about 15 minutes he explained the surgery prodecure and answered all my question quite detailed. I love when MDs explain it to their patients like they explain it to their colleagues. A lot of Doctors don't want to bother thinking their patients won't be able to understand the details anyways which is very wrong IMO. So I liked everything about Dr. Yunus Oc and decided to get the surgery done on Nov 22.

I want to upload lots of pictures and videos but without a PC it might be challenging.I'll try my best. For people who want to get this surgery done immediately, my experience so far was amazing, 10/10. I haven't been discharged yet so havent seen the PT facility yet but I don't think I will change my mind as 2 physical therapist I met Aylis and Cagatay were really, really good. I'll write things in detailed under Day entries. Just prepare your mind it takes a lot of determination

Wish me luck and feel free to judge me, ask me or write anything about CCL.
Pre-surgery Height: 173.5cm (5'9)
New Height: 182cm (6'0), gained 8.5cm on Femurs
Surgery Dates: 22 Nov 2022 LON on Femurs,  device removal on 9th Feb 2023
Surgeon: Yunus Oc, wannabetaller, Istanbul Turkey
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=78384.0

shortisnotfun

Re: CCL LON on Femurs w Dr. Yunus Oc - wannabetaller - Turkey
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 11:02:55 PM »

Good luck man!
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

akali

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 08:44:54 AM »

It sounds really good! How was the pain after surgery? Usually they say the most painful moment through the process is the surgery pain and also edama pain. How is it going for you?

QuarkSoup

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 07:40:01 PM »

Hello akali, like I said I have been researching this surgery like 15y but experiencing it personally is something else.

I learned from other peoples experiences that the surgery would be very painful and I thought I was prepared for this pain. Ohhh boy how wrong I was. After I woke up from anesthesia I experienced a pain like I ve never experienced in my life. My whole body was shaking like I was going through a schock.When I woke up the nurse next to me put me on morphine and a big pipe with hot air underneath me. Maybe she thought I was cold because my enourmous shaking movements but I wasn't cold I was just shaking from the pain

This pain lasted 20-30 minutes and after that I felt only happiness, being on morphine might be the reason. They stopped administrating me morphine next day, they switched to other painkillers. I believe they were giving me like 3000mg paracetamol intravevously daily until I was discharged from the hospital. Even though I said I had no pain they continued to give it to me because it relaxes the body.

So in short I only felt pain right after waking up from anesthesia other than I have been also experiencing some pain when I try bend my knees trying to sit on toilet and such but this pain is so manageable it's nothing

QuarkSoup

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 07:58:15 PM »

Day -30 (30 days prior to surgery)

I contacted wannabetaller's patient consultant dear Makbuljana through (+90 531 988 30 90) and also dear Tugce asked them about the surgeon, price and other informations. They sent me a very well prepared 44-page pdf. Then I asked for face to face meeting with the surgeon Dr. Yunus Oc. You can also do Zoom with the Surgeon online you don't need to come all this way. But I prefered that way. I had some business to attend to before the Surgery and asked to see the doctor on Nov 17

I don't want to talk about price as it might change because of various reasons you can always ask them they are very communicative.

QuarkSoup

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022, 09:21:30 PM »

Day -5 (5 days prior to surgery)
Guys remember I am Turkish and have a house in Istanbul so some of the experiences related to prior surgery transportation and accomodation will be different. I believe they take care of everything for you foreigners.

Anyways, I came to the hospital with public transport, my home is a little bit far away 50km or so. it took like 1.5h to get to hospital. During the trip unfortunately I got caught some virus might be corona or another virus affecting upper respiratory tract. Take care of yourselves before surgery don't let your immune system get weak and use masks while being around other people.

Dear Tugce took me to Dr. Yunus Oc's office we talked like 15 minutes he explained everything in detail used low level language and terminologies as if he was talking to his surgeon colleague which I really liked. He informed me about possible complications and strongly emphasized how bad overweight is for this surgery. If you are planning to get this surgery done just get rid of excess weight guys it would really ruin your experience you want to be as light weight as possible prefarably with really strong upper body muscles.

I said I want to have surgery for the nearest date and they reserved the operation room for me for Nov 22. The doctor said that since I was young and the surgery date was very close, I did not come back for blood collection to hospital one day before the surgery. So that day they took my blood and x-rayed my legs.

QuarkSoup

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 09:45:29 AM »

Day 0 (surgery day)

I wasn't feeling anxious or anything about the surgery but I couldn't sleep so I decided to go to hospital and wait there instead.

My surgery was scheduled for 9 am but I was there at 5 am. I went to the patient admission reception and signed some documents then they took me to my room around 05:30 and 1.5 hours later a staff member came and shaved some part of my legs.

Remember I said I got caught virus eventhough I was feeling quite good anesthesiologists wanted me to see the otolaryngologist to see if there would be any problems for the operation. The otolaryngologist gave green light and they took me to operation room around 9:00

I fell asleep within 3 minutes of entering the operation room. I had a very good sleep, but when I woke up 5 hours later around 14:00, I felt incredible pain, a pain I ve never felt in my life my whole body was shaking like crazy. The nurse standing next to me gave me intravenous morphine, but the pain did not go away immediately, it lasted for about 20-30 minutes. I tried to stay strong and positive and think about the things I love, my dog,friends and family but to be honest at some point I thought I was going to die.

They took me back to my room 15 mins after I woke up and another 15 mins all the pain went away I felt so happy. They gave me a button and when I press it, I get a certain amount of morphine but it works every 30 minutes no matter how many times you pressed the button.

Around 15:00 they xrayed my legs and then Dr. Yunus Oc came to see me. He told me that the operation was successful, lasted around 3 hours and not to move my legs too much. He showed me foot exercise and said it was very important to do this for at least 5 mins every hour for blood circulation. Guys you should pay attention to this because you spend the whole day in a lying position. He also told my care giver to change the ice on my legs every 30 minutes this is super important especially in first week.

A few hours later my MD big brother came to visit me from London. He said that the hospital was very luxurious and that he liked it very much. He said the hospital looks better than the hospitals in London. I also liked everything about the hospital, it was clean and modern looking, the staff was so nice and food was amazing. Its name is Beykent University Hospital.

Quick note,  the company wannabetaller sent the care giver he stayed with me until the day I discharged from the hospital. You need someone atleast a week. His name is Feyzullah and I was very satisfied with his service. He did his job very well like everyone else in the process.

I dont want to scare you but a tube from my penis was connected directly to my bladder so I didnt have to go to the toilet for 4 days until they removed it. You don't feel any pain or anything. The pee is collected in a closed bag with a lid and it needs to be empitied every few hours.

Around 7 pm they brought me only soup not to upset my stomach. I wasn't able to move my legs at all I consistently move my toe like the Dr showed me.

Below you can see the xrays they tooked one hour after I wake up from anesthesia

akali

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 10:48:01 AM »

Hello akali, like I said I have been researching this surgery like 15y but experiencing it personally is something else.

I learned from other peoples experiences that the surgery would be very painful and I thought I was prepared for this pain. Ohhh boy how wrong I was. After I woke up from anesthesia I experienced a pain like I ve never experienced in my life. My whole body was shaking like I was going through a schock.When I woke up the nurse next to me put me on morphine and a big pipe with hot air underneath me. Maybe she thought I was cold because my enourmous shaking movements but I wasn't cold I was just shaking from the pain

This pain lasted 20-30 minutes and after that I felt only happiness, being on morphine might be the reason. They stopped administrating me morphine next day, they switched to other painkillers. I believe they were giving me like 3000mg paracetamol intravevously daily until I was discharged from the hospital. Even though I said I had no pain they continued to give it to me because it relaxes the body.

So in short I only felt pain right after waking up from anesthesia other than I have been also experiencing some pain when I try bend my knees trying to sit on toilet and such but this pain is so manageable it's nothing

Really? That made me think about the surgery all over again. But thank you for the honesty. I want to know the truths of this process and thank you so much for that!! Appreciated it,,,

QuarkSoup

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 11:00:51 AM »

I believe everyone's pain threshold is a lot different. But I said I felt no pain after 30 mins waking up from anesthesia. 30 mins is very short amount of time I think it shouldn't discourage you if you really want to become taller. I even asked nurses not to give me painkillers the next day imagine that  :D

I grew 0.55cm so far, so maybe when I reach 4-6cm pain might start to kick in I don't know but right now I am so comfortable with no pain.

Kanye Western

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 12:18:21 PM »

This looks like an AD in my opinion. LON is an extremely painful with the first few days being the worst, and you're experiencing no pain? Also, there's so many references to the entire team lol.

I believe everyone's pain threshold is a lot different. But I said I felt no pain after 30 mins waking up from anesthesia. 30 mins is very short amount of time I think it shouldn't discourage you if you really want to become taller. I even asked nurses not to give me painkillers the next day imagine that  :D

I grew 0.55cm so far, so maybe when I reach 4-6cm pain might start to kick in I don't know but right now I am so comfortable with no pain.

QuarkSoup

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 02:52:35 PM »

I told dear Tugce that I'd be writing a diary about the process, noone asked me to do it in fact they even forgot to take my pics before surgery. I told them then they took it after nurses open intravenous line  just before the surgery. Once my process is completed they would probably publish it. It will be a unique one :D

And yes I will even talk about even cleaning ladies it's an emotional process and so many people can affect your mood. Also to give people credit who does their job good. Unfortunately I don't know their surnames so far everyone did a faboulous job.

Like I said I only felt pain right after anesthesia and first few days when I tried to move my legs especially when I tried to bend my knees but right now I have absoulutely zero pain.

I forgot to mention that I streched like 3 months prior to surgery and am around 65 kilos. I have been working out for 10 years that might also be affecting my pain threshold I don't know but I am so happy

QuarkSoup

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 03:38:12 PM »

Day 1 (one day after the surgery)

The nurses gave me like 3-4L electrolyte solution intravenously a day along with antibiotics, bloodthinners stomach protectors and painkillers. I wouldnt want to disgust you but I peed like crazy and it was quite yellow I tried to drink enough water to dilute it but it didnt help  :D

Around 7am they brought me breakfast this was my first meal in 48 hours. Below you can see a typical breakfast they only change a few things. Other meals change a lot.

Dr Yunus came to my room around 9 am to check me. He asked me to try walking today and informed me that a physical therapist would visit me the next day. A few hours later they managed to put me on my feet. It was so difficult and it hurt a lot when I tried to sit first before standing up. I wasn't able to move my legs at all. I thought people started walking the day after operation. Ohh how naive I was maybe some people can but definetely not me. 2 minutes after standing up and trying to move my legs with no success I felt dizzy and my vision was almost completely gone.

Around 13:00 another meal came in, meals are almost always on time. Unfortenately I didn't take enough pictures but you can see another typical meal. The other meal comes around 7 pm. They were all quite delicious for me. They also bring the same meal to your care giver.

QuarkSoup

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 03:44:38 PM »

These kind of suspicions are only natural since the money involves is quite big. I sometimes feel the same in other posts so I took this photo for you dear Kanye :)

I just want to inform other people who are considering this surgery, surgeon and the company. I have absolutely zero financial gain I am just a patient :D

QuarkSoup

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2022, 08:43:57 AM »

Day 2

My pre surgery sleep pattern is almost completely gone I can't sleep continously. I am so glad that I brought my ipads with me . I never get bored, I watch Netflix, youtube and chat with really nice hospital stuff. Nurses are so friendly, talktive and cute.

I have no pain but because of IV in my left arm I can't use that arm and it bothers me a little bit also I developed swelling in my left arm. Until I discharge from hospital I will always have atleast one IV.

Around 9pm Dr Yunus Oc visited me again and asked me to try walking again. Guys even getting up on your fees is vitally important as you know two patients of Dr. Giothikas and Dr. Guichet died because of embolism. To prevent that you need to get up and take blood thinners. This is why you should get rid of your excess weight and have strong upper body muscles. So please please do your preparations prior to surgery,CLL is nothing like a rhinoplasty.

Around 12:00 physiotherapist Aylis came to my room we did 30 min PT session and it was amazing. I can't emphasize enough how well she unlocked my muscles. Also she brought me a hex key and showed me how to properly use the device. Instruction is to turn the key 90 degrees clockwise every 6 hours, that will make me grow 0.1cm(1mm) each day. Dr Yunus and Aylis warned me not to exceed that limit. Hopefully I won't have to lenghten faster or slower during the process. I might be taking more than enough Calcium and vitamin D and K.

After she left they put me on my feet again and this time I managed to walk to the toilet but when I got there I was seriously dizzy so they brought me a chair. They changed my bed sheets while I was resting.

At that moment I realized that I overconfidently trusted my body's capabilities. I was seriously considering going back to my home, that is 500km away, with a train after the hospital discharge. So I started of thinking to go to rehab center for a month instead of going home.

By the way while trying to walk unfortunately the IV in my left arm came out and because of the swelling nurses decided to use my right arm. It really upset me because my left arm is a lot stronger compared to my left arm. I wanted to be able to use it.

My caregiver kept changing the ice bag every 30 mins.

QuarkSoup

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2022, 09:46:51 AM »

This patient of Dr. Assayag says first 21-23 days are nothing pain kicks in like after 2cm growth. I think my situation is the same. I am so comfortable with almost no pain at all. I grew 0.75cm so far. I also streched like 3 months prior to surgery and will continue to do for atleast 4h a day. Hopefully it will continue to go like this. My nurse, Aylis says changing bandages will evantually start to hurt right now it gives me pleasure instead because of the itching  :)

QuarkSoup

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2022, 01:05:35 PM »

Day 4

I started lenghtening the device today at 06:00. It was little difficult to find the right angle to turn 90 degrees due to my limited mobility, I can't move my lower body.Eventhough I took a video of Aylis explaining in which way to turn the key I still hesitated. It doesn't hurt or anything but I feel it in my bones when the hex key enters the fixator. It creates a vibration proportional to the force I apply. I don't feel anything about lenghtening.  I set alarms for 00:00, 06:00, 12:00, 18:00 but I won't try to be exactly on time. I value my sleep time so if I wake up like 04:00 I'll do the lenghtening and turn off the 06:00 alarm

This is where I put the hex key and turn 90 degrees clockwise for both legs. But other fixator devices might be different

Around 9pm Dr Yunus Oc came to check me and told me that I'd be discharching from the hospital tomorrow. After the Dr left a very sweet nurse did a knot to remove the penile catheter a few hours later. They don't take it out directly, they take it out after the bladder is full, I dont know the reasoning behind it.

An hour later after my bladder was full the nurse came and removed the catheter, it didn't hurt. You might want to keep it until you discharge from the hospital for its convenience but remember it's an infection risk. Also I think it's good to have an excuse to use your legs anyways.

I still feel pain only when I try to bend my knees more than 45 degrees or something, it doesnt hurt when I walk or lie down. So you can imagine sitting on toilet will be painful in first weeks

atti99xo

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2022, 08:37:32 PM »

Hi, thank you so much for documenting your journey any updates for today, how is the pain?

QuarkSoup

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2022, 08:55:06 PM »

Hi, thank you so much for documenting your journey any updates for today, how is the pain?

Hey atti99xo, I am now on the 12th day after the surgery. My leg muscles got a lot stronger. I can bend my knees like this with no pain which I couldn't even dream of a week ago.

Yesterday I had a very sharp pain in my right lower legs, the place where my fingers are on the picture. It lasted about 10 hours. When I pulled my knees to myself, the pain disappeared and came back when I straightened my legs. Pretty weird.

atti99xo

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2022, 10:18:27 PM »

how is your sleeping like going to the toilet besides the sharp pain do you have any lingering pain throughout the day  :)

QuarkSoup

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2022, 05:47:21 AM »

how is your sleeping like going to the toilet besides the sharp pain do you have any lingering pain throughout the day  :)

I dont have a lingering pain, I feel quite comfortable tbh the only thing that bothers me a little is the fact that I can't change my sleeping position but it's not a big deal.

For 4-5 days its been much easier to sit on the toilet because my legs have gotteb a lot stronger. First 4 days it was impossible to sit on toilet, my legs were so weak and trying to bend my knees hurt a lot.

QuarkSoup

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2022, 10:46:42 AM »

Day 5

Today is the discharge from hospital, I cant tell you how happy I am to be rid of IV. They take you where you want to go by an ambulance. Because I chose to go to the rehab center(hotel) they will be taking me to the hotel. The name of the hotel is Marin Princess, its 15  mins away from the hospital. It should be noted that the hotel and the company have an agreement so wannabetaller isn't the owner of the place thus has somewhat limited control over some aspects. Also they might be working with another facility in the future or even better they can open their own facility.

I'll post a lot of pictures here for people who considering to go with the same company. Guys the other day Dr Yunus Oc said that surgery is the easy part of the job, the main important thing is the follow up. As you know many complications can occur during the process also you need professional physical therapists and nurses that know how to spot problems and work on these. So if you are planning to get this surgery done do it with people who work as a team.Like Dr. Paley says CLL is a 4 dimensional surgery, there is also time factor. I'll drop cyborg4life's interview with Dr Paley below, that video is a gem.

The ambulance picked me up around 15:00 and took me to the hotel. The ambulance driver was a very rude and angry guy not towards me but everyone else, to be honest I wouldn't want to be taken anywhere by this man. The other ambulance attendant was a very sweet and kind girl. For 15 minutes we had a very good conversation. I spent those 15 mins lying on a strecther.

When we arrived at the hotel, they wheeled me in a wheelchair to my room on the 5th floor. Normally patients stay on the 1st floor but since I made the decision late they couldnt available room on the first floor. But the company said they would change my room soon. My room is big enough with a double bed, mini refrigerator, TV, nightstand, toilet and closet.  Below you can see the pictures of my room, sorry for the mess.

Below you can see a freezer the company brought that to my room at a later date because the refrigirator in my room wasn't cooling good enough the ice packs. I'll also post rehab centers pictures soon.

After settling in my room the company's founder ,Mr. Ibrahim, paid a visit to my room and we chatted 20-30 mins, really cool guy. He said he had CLL operation himself years ago with holyfix method. He wore the device for 1.5y and described as an aweful experience.

I cant get my legs up on the bed by their power own power, I need help from my arms. But on the bright side I still dont have any pain. Victor's(cyborg4life) pain graph certainly doesnt match my feelings. I don't use painkillers.

QuarkSoup

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2022, 07:58:09 PM »

Hey guys quick update, I am at 2.175cm and still experience almost no pain in fact these last 3 days were the best days I have had since the surgery. Last night I slept 6h continiously, it´s a dream normally I wake up every 2h or something.

I think the reason I don't have pain is beacause of these four things:

- Great Surgical technique
- Heavy, 5 days per week PT program (it hurts during PT)
- Streching my legs all day long
- Following a high calorie, protein rich diet and taking supplements like D3, fish oil and multivitamin

A week ago I kicked in my dream and I did it in real life too and I hurt my right upper leg very badly. It hurt so much I can't even describe. Mehmet massaged me with a cream during PT session and my upper leg has been very relaxed since then. Dr. Yunus Oc said that such involuntary movements are very dangerous and that if they recur action should be taken. He said it might even damage the fixator.

shortisnotfun

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2022, 01:26:18 AM »

Hey guys quick update, I am at 2.175cm and still experience almost no pain in fact these last 3 days were the best days I have had since the surgery. Last night I slept 6h continiously, it´s a dream normally I wake up every 2h or something.

I think the reason I don't have pain is beacause of these four things:

- Great Surgical technique
- Heavy, 5 days per week PT program (it hurts during PT)
- Streching my legs all day long
- Following a high calorie, protein rich diet and taking supplements like D3, fish oil and multivitamin

A week ago I kicked in my dream and I did it in real life too and I hurt my right upper leg very badly. It hurt so much I can't even describe. Mehmet massaged me with a cream during PT session and my upper leg has been very relaxed since then. Dr. Yunus Oc said that such involuntary movements are very dangerous and that if they recur action should be taken. He said it might even damage the fixator.

Can you tell me what you eat? I'm having trouble sustaining a high protein diet

QuarkSoup

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2022, 07:59:50 AM »

Can you tell me what you eat? I'm having trouble sustaining a high protein diet

Dont rush into eating friend you just had the surgery. Also I believe tibia is much more painful first days than femur.

Breakfast:
-Stomach protector
-3 whole eggs
- protein bar with atleast 15g protein
- 100gr cheese
- 200ml milk protein shake (13gr protein)
- 150gr vegatables
- 1400 ui Vitamin D3
- 1.2gr fish oil ( 384mg EPA, 252mg DHA)
- nature's supreme multivitamin for men

Lunch:
- 160gr hamburger (30-35gr protein)
- Ayran (Turkish drink)

Dinner:
- 200gr Chicken
- 100gr vegetables
- 50 gr nuts
- 300 gr high protein milk(15gr protein)
- 1.2gr fish oil ( 384mg EPA, 252mg DHA)
- 5gr creatine
- bloodthinner (aspirin)
- 100 gr banana

And I still lost 6lbs in 3 weeks

QuarkSoup

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2022, 09:09:08 PM »

I've reached 2.9cm and still don't experience much pain only some discomfort. I don't take painkillers. I feel like my hamstring muscles will be tight though in normal relaxed position when I reach like 4.5-5cm. Pin sides also started to hurt a little bit when I move my legs. In my case first week and probably after 6cm will be the worst part of LL. I really thought this whole process would be really painful before the surgery based on other diaries. I have completed 34% of the distraction phase though there are still 2 months ahead.

I took this photo 12h ago. I can see how much I have lenghtened and compare the two legs

atti99xo

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2022, 11:04:28 PM »

Hi
How much did you pay for the accommodation if you don't mind me asking also how many times a week do you get PT as well as do Xrays, also I hope it's not personal but do you have any pain in your legs when you sit on the toilet, as well as how do you cover ur wounds when u shower 

QuarkSoup

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2022, 08:51:19 AM »

Hi
How much did you pay for the accommodation if you don't mind me asking also how many times a week do you get PT as well as do Xrays, also I hope it's not personal but do you have any pain in your legs when you sit on the toilet, as well as how do you cover ur wounds when u shower

Hey atti you can contact wannabetaller about the price.

They do xray every 18-21 days. I will post all my xrays.

I take 5 PT session per week, each lasts one hour but I have seen some people take 2 session a day because they needed.

First days it's quite painful to sit on toilet but after 2 weeks pain goes away.

I don't take shower, I use wet wipes, the ones used for babies, they get the job done. I wash my hair in the sink.

QuarkSoup

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2022, 07:33:28 PM »

Hey guys, I reached 3.4cm a few hours ago and still don't experience much pain. Since the day of the surgery, every day has been more enjoyable than the day before. After reading so many diaries and watching vlogs I can say that everyone's experience is so unique. A friend of mine today said "prepare for the worst and hope for the best" for this surgery and he is so right.

The company wannabetaller solves all my problems from little to big with no extra charge. To give you an example, I bought a PS5 a few days ago and wanted to connect it to my Ipads for remote play. Unfortunately it's impossible to do that using hotels wifi so the company provided me a private MIFI, a mobile wifi with 5G connection. If you want a Barber they can get it done, they even found a Nigerian restaurant for one of American patients.

Also I havent seen a single complication so far among other patients. The biggest issue with LON is the dressing change. Pins and surrounding areas needs to be cleaned every 2 days. One of my Turkish friends went back to her home after the surgery and I'm so scared of her getting infected her pins are not as clean as mine. I havent seen any infection case here because the nurse Aylis works really diligently. After reading the osteomylitis case I asked Aylis if you still can get infected after the device removal and she said only the people who does tibia can get infected. So you still need to be careful for couple of weeks.

Some people wonder if they can work remotely, yes you can nothing stops you but the discomfort distracts you. I can't concentrate more than 20 mins, normally I work for hours.

Anyways my soft tissue is still flexible, I can almost touch the ground with the tips of my fingers in 3cm heels. PT does wonders. I try not to make too much noise so that I don't interfere with the therapists' work during seasions. Cagatay and Mehmet are so experienced they always know where and how much force they need to apply to. Your therapists need to push your limit. It's not a pleasent feeling but this is how you deal with getting tight. I also strech my hamstrings myself around 45-50 mins a day in my room. I might have to increase that number in coming weeks.

The Xray below was taken when I was at 2.8cm. I take around 3000 UI vitamin D3, 1000mg calcium a day. I keep my weight steady. Today I asked the Dr. if I can walk without any support 1.5 months after the device removal and he recommended using crutches for 3-4 months to be in the safe side.

QuarkSoup

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2022, 04:59:58 PM »

Correction

Sorry guys apparently I misunderstood the doctor. Today I was chatting with therapists and they  told me that the doctor advised me to walk with double arm crutches for the 3rd month and single arm crutches for the 4th month. So I wont be needing crutches for more than 2 months after device removal

shortisnotfun

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2022, 06:20:57 AM »

Hey guys, I reached 3.4cm a few hours ago and still don't experience much pain. Since the day of the surgery, every day has been more enjoyable than the day before. After reading so many diaries and watching vlogs I can say that everyone's experience is so unique. A friend of mine today said "prepare for the worst and hope for the best" for this surgery and he is so right.

The company wannabetaller solves all my problems from little to big with no extra charge. To give you an example, I bought a PS5 a few days ago and wanted to connect it to my Ipads for remote play. Unfortunately it's impossible to do that using hotels wifi so the company provided me a private MIFI, a mobile wifi with 5G connection. If you want a Barber they can get it done, they even found a Nigerian restaurant for one of American patients.

Also I havent seen a single complication so far among other patients. The biggest issue with LON is the dressing change. Pins and surrounding areas needs to be cleaned every 2 days. One of my Turkish friends went back to her home after the surgery and I'm so scared of her getting infected her pins are not as clean as mine. I havent seen any infection case here because the nurse Aylis works really diligently. After reading the osteomylitis case I asked Aylis if you still can get infected after the device removal and she said only the people who does tibia can get infected. So you still need to be careful for couple of weeks.

Some people wonder if they can work remotely, yes you can nothing stops you but the discomfort distracts you. I can't concentrate more than 20 mins, normally I work for hours.

Anyways my soft tissue is still flexible, I can almost touch the ground with the tips of my fingers in 3cm heels. PT does wonders. I try not to make too much noise so that I don't interfere with the therapists' work during seasions. Cagatay and Mehmet are so experienced they always know where and how much force they need to apply to. Your therapists need to push your limit. It's not a pleasent feeling but this is how you deal with getting tight. I also strech my hamstrings myself around 45-50 mins a day in my room. I might have to increase that number in coming weeks.

The Xray below was taken when I was at 2.8cm. I take around 3000 UI vitamin D3, 1000mg calcium a day. I keep my weight steady. Today I asked the Dr. if I can walk without any support 1.5 months after the device removal and he recommended using crutches for 3-4 months to be in the safe side.

What did she mean only the people who do tibia can get infected?

QuarkSoup

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2022, 11:54:41 AM »

What did she mean only the people who do tibia can get infected?

Because of the open wounds it takes a few weeks for them to close. So after the device removal you still need to sterilize surrounding areas for a few weeks
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up