Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to replace diaries?  (Read 649 times)

IgnoredByMods

How to replace diaries?
« on: March 22, 2024, 01:28:34 PM »

Is it just me or mods ignore/dont reply anymore? Seems like this place needs more mods. Anyone else had this experience?

IgnoredByMods

How to replace diaries?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 08:44:20 AM »

I’ve been trying to delete old diaries and replace my diary but I’ve been ignored, any ideas?

ForumAdmin

• SupportGrp
  • Visitor
Re: How to replace diaries?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 09:12:57 AM »

in general, we don't delete diaries  unless there's a very good reason.     

It would compromise the intergrity and reliability of the diaries if they were to become temporary in nature, meaning  the poster can write anything and just delete the diary later.  It would lead to higher possibility of fraud/false accounts of diaries. 

It would also not allow for other members to learn from the diaries if they were deleted.    We will be making a sticky topic regarding general guidelines for starting a diary ,  so that this issue will be clear.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 05:52:14 PM »

I understand. However this rule isn't very clear and it doesn't seem very fair. When I send a DM there is no room for discussion either. One of my diaries was for Paley US and I didn't go ahead with it so I wanted to get rid of that as it mentions some HGH, and the current one I missed a lot of details and pictures so it will mislead patients, why can't I give patients the chance to get a more accurate picture now that I am not under strong sedatives or pain? It seems like I am prevented from deleting mediocre diaries which can endanger patients. Some patients may want to inject themselves with HGH because they think they can just take it and it'll make them taller. The new one has it too and doesn't have the safe details. I also want to add pictures in my own way to show that I am a legitimate patient and give patients advice if they get the same issues as me.

ForumAdmin

• SupportGrp
  • Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 09:35:05 AM »

I understand. However this rule isn't very clear and it doesn't seem very fair. When I send a DM there is no room for discussion either. One of my diaries was for Paley US and I didn't go ahead with it so I wanted to get rid of that as it mentions some HGH, and the current one I missed a lot of details and pictures so it will mislead patients, why can't I give patients the chance to get a more accurate picture now that I am not under strong sedatives or pain? It seems like I am prevented from deleting mediocre diaries which can endanger patients. Some patients may want to inject themselves with HGH because they think they can just take it and it'll make them taller. The new one has it too and doesn't have the safe details. I also want to add pictures in my own way to show that I am a legitimate patient and give patients advice if they get the same issues as me.

Okay we'll lock the old diary with a footnote on HGH & link to the new updated diary  .

updated:  The two diaries have been merged into one topic with a footnote  about HGH
 http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68875
You may wish to update new pictures and details into that thread.   
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 08:16:00 AM by Admin »

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 01:44:27 PM »

I responded in DMs but will also post here.

There are two diaries, one where I didn't go through it but talks about HGH use. This was years ago and I don't think it is safe to have a diary with only that without talking about the rationale behind it and how I took the right dosages.

The second diary for my clinic lacks images and a lot of it was written when I was under a lot of pain so it is normal for pain to be exaggerated when written in the diary. I believe that this forum deserves better. Why should we maintain 2 low quality diaries when I am offering to create a better, safer diary? We should have at least some degree of control over these things in my opinion.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 01:48:35 PM »

Imo people should have some degree of control over their own diaries. If we are refused to replace diaries to express our perspective as a patient who has gone through all the surgery stages, what is the incentive for people to post in this forum? Some may hesitate to post as they see that two unsafe diaries can't be removed, may also decrease confidence if the forum is unwilling to delete low-quality diaries. Worth considering.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 05:27:51 PM »

Okay we'll lock the old diary with a footnote on HGH & link to the new updated diary  .

Hello ForumAdmin, I am still awaiting a response

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2024, 09:30:41 AM »

Hello Forum admin,

I really dislike how the new diary is. My request has been ignored so I will no longer post updates until it is fixed.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2024, 09:36:17 AM »

Really disappointing to see that I’m not given the option to make a diary more factual for patients, I expected better from here.

ForumAdmin

• SupportGrp
  • Visitor
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2024, 10:02:05 AM »

Hello Forum admin,

I really dislike how the new diary is. My request has been ignored so I will no longer post updates until it is fixed.

As stated, you could continue writing the diary with all your new perspectives and retrospective missed details ,  we can link to the new post summarizing all that , but not delete the old diary.

Either way, wish you a smooth & speedy recovery.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2024, 07:28:49 AM »

As stated, you could continue writing the diary with all your new perspectives and retrospective missed details ,  we can link to the new post summarizing all that , but not delete the old diary.

Hi ForumAdmin,

I understand your perspective. Your goal is to maximise engagement on the LL Forum. However, what if I say that the diary is fake, exaggerated, or has incorrect details? What does this say about the quality of this website for future patients?

I have left a public note on my diary informing people that due to the lack of evidence, the diary must be taken as fictional, exaggerated, or fake. I have made multiple approaches trying to provide a remedy but there is zero flexibility.

I will stand firmly on my decision to provide a higher-quality diary rather than make amendments when user comments and updates in the comments still remain. However, due to prioritising views and engagement over patient safety, I will no longer provide possibly fictional (no evidence, so there is no reason to believe it is true) updates on my diary.

Should you change your mind about collaborating to provide a serious high-quality diary without exaggerations or unchecked claims, feel free to let me know. The people are watching.

IgnoredByMods

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2024, 07:40:17 AM »

Also, another reason to get rid of the other one entirely is this:

You mentioned that they're only removed with a good reason. I have some CDs with X-Rays and some reports. At the time of some of these updates (they were written right after an incident), I wrote what I thought was correct, but this was not the case once I saw a doctor. In many updates, the diagnosis and prognosis are a lot different from what I said. Now, with a second author, this diary is a whole mess.

This diary is full of inaccuracies and was written on emotion. Very disappointing to see an unwillingness to fix this.

ForumAdmin

• SupportGrp
  • Visitor
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2024, 09:18:18 AM »

Because the ForumAdmin has edited my diary without my permission (I asked for something completely different) I cannot confirm which updates are mine and which ones are not.

The first (original) post is clear but the rest isn't. The ForumAdmin has asked for a good reason in this thread: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85201.0

I hope that this is a good reason, there are multiple authors (not just me, the supposed patient).

You are making a incorrect statement that anyone can verify easily.   

In case you are unaware, there is a forum message which states clearly when a post is edited.  the only post edited is the original 1st post of that diary topic

" Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 08:26:08 AM by Admin »"

with the following edit added to that post

Mod Note: The OP (original poster) has request to include a footnote warning against HGH.  do read the entire topic for the full details on HGH .

" Some patients may want to inject themselves with HGH because they think they can just take it and it'll make them taller. "

This topic is a merge of two  topics by the OP

Original Post as follow

For all readers, take this diary as partially fake, exaggerated, or fictional.

The moderators of this website have refused to allow me to provide proof of claims in my diary (making it more credible or high-quality). Thus, they prefer traffic to this diary over providing credible, high-quality diaries with medical images to this diary.
Due to the lack of cooperation, I decided that I will no longer update this diary until ForumAdmin allows me to provide an accurate, fact-checked diary.
To emphasise, this diary is partly exaggerated and in retrospect I wanted to fix it and provide proof, but the forum admins have refused to give this opportunity.

It's quite clear to anyone with a unbiased view that you are the  only one choosing not to update the diary with any new information, and using this as a threatening tactic to delete the old diary , which we will not accept due to the issue of integrity

Since you have cast doubt on the integrity of your own diary, and do not wish to update. kindly do as you say and do not continue to stir drama on this matter.    This topic will be locked
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 09:22:18 AM by Admin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up