Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to edit a post I've made  (Read 3125 times)

BlueHen

How to edit a post I've made
« on: October 19, 2019, 05:31:43 AM »

I urgently need to edit one sentence I wrote. I see loads of posts that have been edited by the user but I have no option to edit mine?

Could a moderator please PM me to help me it's so important to me, I would be very grateful - who are the mods here?

Thanks
Undergoing LON. 1st operation on July 18th 2019. Frame removal 21st September. My diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64212.0

BlueHen

Re: How to edit a post I've made
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 11:01:11 AM »

Bump

Mods please let me know.

I will not be updating my dairy again unless you do.
Undergoing LON. 1st operation on July 18th 2019. Frame removal 21st September. My diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64212.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 04:35:02 PM »

You can only edit a post shortly after it is made.

Send me a private message about which post contains the content you want to remove.

wavemaker5

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 05:27:59 AM »

@Medium Drink Of Water

Can you delete my posts? It would be much appreciated and I don't have that many

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 05:48:57 AM »

I can't delete your posts because I don't have that power.  Only the administrator can do that.

You haven't posted anything objectionable or personally identifiable in any way, so why do you feel that that's necessary?

wavemaker5

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 06:29:58 AM »

I'm just not interested in LL anymore, it was more of a childhood 'what-if' of mine. IMO its too painful and even if it can be relatively safe, I'd rather just accept who I am.

ooooooooooooooooooppps

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 01:29:14 AM »

You can only edit a post shortly after it is made.

Send me a private message about which post contains the content you want to remove.

Hi, sent you a PM. My request is simple and it's just removing personally identifying information from a few old posts. Hope to hear from you soon!  :)

Pissedman

• Visitor
BE AWARE: I want to delete my account and no one wants to help me
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 07:57:00 PM »

HI,I have a main account here on the forum that I WANT TO DELETE,including its posts
I know the mods very well and they are reluctant to help me,always saying to contact the Admin
The Admin seems to not be active anymore since I have sent him multiple PMs and never got answer,I asked the mods to sent a PM and never got back an answer
Please support me so I will get done it, maybe in the future you will be willing too to do the same

Pissedman

• Visitor
Re: BE AWARE: I want to delete my account and no one wants to help me
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 08:11:49 PM »

Kilokhan,you should explain why people cannot delete if they want

Pissedman

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 09:51:25 PM »

UP

Pissedman

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2019, 09:55:12 AM »

UP

Admin

• Administrator
  • Visitor
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2019, 06:03:44 PM »

Kilokhan,you should explain why people cannot delete if they want

Because  this is a forum where information is shared among members.  Information that may or may not endanger other people's well-being for a risky surgery. 

Deleting posts however they want is bascially saying to members

1) post whatever you like,  because you will have no need for transparency/responsbility for what you are posting.  you can always delete it anyhow anyway.   

Thus increasingly the possibility of fake/misleading information.

2)  save every page you read here immediately. because. information you read a few weeks/days ago. may suddenly become no longer available. 

It would make for a terrible forum. 

HI,I have a main account here on the forum that I WANT TO DELETE,including its posts
I know the mods very well and they are reluctant to help me,always saying to contact the Admin
The Admin seems to not be active anymore since I have sent him multiple PMs and never got answer,I asked the mods to sent a PM and never got back an answer
Please support me so I will get done it, maybe in the future you will be willing too to do the same

What the mods inform you is true.  Currently only the Admin can help with that request.  Going forward,  another mod will have the ability to edit user's post and it will have the "edited by" remark.

If there's a privacy issues, eg: you decide to make posts that reveal your personal identifable info and then have second thoughts

You may contact me or Kilo directly via PM ( CC both of us) to make the neccesary edits to the posts.   We will try to process your requests in a timely manner. 

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 05:30:51 PM »

Doesn't that GDPR law require deleting personal data on request?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2020, 12:49:37 AM »

Doesn't that GDPR law require deleting personal data on request?

Yes but this isn't an EU site, so it's not subject to EU law.  Anyway most of the stuff people want to edit or delete here isn't personal data.  They change their mind about wanting LL and then come asking me to delete their post asking about whether Stryde or Precise is better.  Just let it go and move on, people.  Even as the strongest law in the world, GDPR doesn't say you can unconditionally undo everything you've ever done and the site has to bend over backwards scrubbing your submissions from it.

Anyone can PM me at any time and I'll get rid of any post here that would allow them to be personally identified in real life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up