Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs in Athens with Giotikas mid Jan 23  (Read 7072 times)

Bagga

Re: Femurs in Athens with Giotikas mid Jan 23
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2022, 03:52:22 PM »

Hi

Lack of flexibility - you will experience a lot of muscle tightness and nerve pain during PT session.
Jus go slow in Lengthening and do a lot of stretching ..you should be ok.

IceTrae38

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2022, 06:20:06 PM »

Nope but my surgery is booked for Feb and the doctor advised me this :)

How long are you planning to stay and have you booked accommodations with the hotel yet? I have surgery booked for early January myself!

Cheers!

OzBoy39

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2022, 09:57:23 PM »

I'm not sure about the others but I believe the largest g-nail weight-bears 95kg (although Dr G said he knows they can weight-bear more but this is a conservative limit)

Yeah G-nail comes in 2 sizes

11mm can support 75Kg  per leg
13mm can go up to 95kg per leg

Going for femur bilateral G-Nail with Dr. Giotikas.
Starting height 164cm. Goal 172 to 174cm

Bagga

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2022, 03:54:52 AM »

Yeah G-nail comes in 2 sizes

11mm can support 75Kg  per leg
13mm can go up to 95kg per leg

During distraction phase, Doc would always advise you to use the crutches.
Some patients were trying to be hero and walked without support.
This is risky and strongly not advisable by PT center and Doctor.

OzBoy39

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2022, 05:28:22 AM »

During distraction phase, Doc would always advise you to use the crutches.
Some patients were trying to be hero and walked without support.
This is risky and strongly not advisable by PT center and Doctor.

Well said @bagga . Agree 100%
I was one of the "heroes" who tried to climb stairs one week after surgery (alone with the walker). I did... And in the process, I strained my quad.

That episode f....d up all my recovery.
Guys take it easy and follow the doc and nurses as much as possible.

thankscience

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2022, 07:00:43 AM »

How long are you planning to stay and have you booked accommodations with the hotel yet? I have surgery booked for early January myself!

Cheers!
I think I'll stay the full 3 months for the lengthening phase, but haven't decided yet. Will likely finalise accommodation early Jan. Have you booked your accommodation?

Oh nice, might see you there then! Mine's not till the latter half of Feb though.

oldiebuttbaddie

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2022, 02:51:37 PM »

Hi

Lack of flexibility - you will experience a lot of muscle tightness and nerve pain during PT session.
Jus go slow in Lengthening and do a lot of stretching ..you should be ok.

Thanks for the advice. When you say go slow on the lengthening, do you mean less clicks? 
Have you noticed people with lack of flexibility having a significantly harder time or just not being able to complete it?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2022, 08:44:00 PM »

Thanks for the advice. When you say go slow on the lengthening, do you mean less clicks? 
Have you noticed people with lack of flexibility having a significantly harder time or just not being able to complete it?

Hey oldiebuttbaddie!

Yes, going slow = fewer clicks per day

"Have you noticed people with lack of flexibility having a significantly harder time"

Yes, exactly. I haven't seen someone stop completely yet. Because of some flexibility issues, I slowed down clicking to be significantly slower than some other patients. 15 clicks = 1 mm I believe. I'm only doing 8 clicks per day now. I'll be stopping at 7 cm.

I recommend staying at Hyatt Hotel if you have the money, its indoor pool is great for training during the colder months. Its really fun and easy to stretch and walk in the pool, really liberating. The larger indoor pool floor at Hyatt is also accessible by elevator, unlike the other hotel with a smaller/very shallow outdoor pool that requires going up stairs to reach.

Maybe getting the hyatt hotel credit card to cover some of the cost with points might be a good idea. Hyatt's spa area is awesome, the jacuzzi feels really good on the muscles. There's nice indoor pool beds with a nice ambience for relaxing. Nice gym too. And its overall a much more luxurious experience that I think is good for patient's mental health if you can afford it.

I stayed at Montaza Hotel and regret it (small, barebones, breakfast buffet is unfortunate, no gym, no pool, very tiny desks, the bike the nurses give you does not really fit well in the small Montaza non-handicap rooms, the wheelchair does not fit through the non-handicap room bathroom doors, and the limited number of handicap rooms are near the loud strip club music nearby)

See you in Athens in February! I'll be there still training and trying to improve my walking gait

Bagga

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2022, 03:34:36 PM »

Climbing up is easy
Going down the stair is a challenge, need to be careful not to fall.
I did the stairs the next day after surgery, together with Doc.

Bagga

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2022, 03:52:18 PM »

People less flexibility may have clicking issue and need time to adjust and manage.
Be calm and get help from Nurse and Doctor.

People less flexibility may experience pains during clicking and after clicking.
That's why it is good to go slow (less clicks) for your muscles and nerves to catch up.

Most completed the extension but take longer time.
You can also fly back home after 2 months to continue the extension yourself.
This is advantage of Gnail, no ERC machine requires.

I started to experience pain at 5.5cm as my flexibility is considered good.
Others got it at 3cm or less, dun be shocked to hear the curse & swear from some patients at PT center!

IceTrae38

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2022, 04:53:15 PM »

People less flexibility may have clicking issue and need time to adjust and manage.
Be calm and get help from Nurse and Doctor.

People less flexibility may experience pains during clicking and after clicking.
That's why it is good to go slow (less clicks) for your muscles and nerves to catch up.

Most completed the extension but take longer time.
You can also fly back home after 2 months to continue the extension yourself.
This is advantage of Gnail, no ERC machine requires.

I started to experience pain at 5.5cm as my flexibility is considered good.
Others got it at 3cm or less, dun be shocked to hear the curse & swear from some patients at PT center!

[/quote

How long after do patients do the clicks without any assistance?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2022, 05:54:15 PM »

Climbing up is easy
Going down the stair is a challenge, need to be careful not to fall.
I did the stairs the next day after surgery, together with Doc.

Yeah actually I wonder if the PT's at Athens would be willing to help me train walking on stairs now that I'm done lengthening (my math was wrong, I'm actually done now already and am at 7cm). The stairs are really close to their door at PT so I assume they would be willing to help, should only take a few minutes

I have only done up/down stairs using the rail + one crutch, I haven't attempted it with just the rail or with no assistance

Ozboy was a cool dude to meet in Athens and was really chill/helpful

Unrelated to that, recently I have seen a guy living at Hyatt hotel at around 3 cm with gnail who can already walk pmuch normally and its amazing

« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 06:55:43 PM by SpeedDialer »

Mini0510

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2022, 04:26:44 AM »

what other hotels would you recommend? Hyatt hotel seems expensive for me.
and it appears staying at hotels longer than a month has difference prices? is it by seasonality due to travelling?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2022, 06:13:28 AM »

what other hotels would you recommend? Hyatt hotel seems expensive for me.
and it appears staying at hotels longer than a month has difference prices? is it by seasonality due to travelling?

I think if Hyatt isn't a realistic option, Novotel is the next best option. It's breakfast is alot better than Montaza's. It's not as nice as Hyatt but its still nicer than Montaza. There used to be alot at Montaza but there's just 2 now and more and more people are switching to Novotel instead

But actually I wonder-- is Novotel really the next best hotel option budget wise?

Hyatt I feel is significantly better in the colder months October-March because it has an indoor pool to train in. I visited each of the three and Hyatt is definitely the nicest/most luxurious, has a better pool than Novotel that is indoors, has a nice indoor jacuzzi, sauna

I sort of wonder how much of the Hyatt stay can be covered with credit card points alone. I know that some other patients used credit card points to cover alot of their stay

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/rewards/hyatt-credit-card.html

I can't get the Hyatt hotel card right now because the card is partnered with Chase and they have a rule that you can't have more than 5 new credit cards within 24 months (so I have to wait a bit, I grabbed a few other small credit card signup bonuses with those).

Looks like the Hyatt credit card has a 60000 point signup bonus. Google says each point is worth about 2.8 cents per point. So about 60000*2.8/100 = 1680 USD worth of the cost can be covered with the signup bonus. Also you get a free night after each year anniversary of owning the card which more than cancels out the annual fee.

"Already a Cardmember? Refer a friend and you can earn up to 25,000 Bonus Points per year for friends who get the card. Invite now."

I can't get the card now or participate--but if you guys refer each other, you can sort of all mutually get 25000*2.8/100= about 700 more USD towards the cost covered with points.

And then lets see, it looks it says you get 9 points per dollar spent on Hyatt hotels (5 of those from being a World of Hyatt member but I don't believe there is an annual fee or any difficult application for that), and if each point is about 2.8 cents its like.. 0.09*2.8= 0.252 or about 25% percent off the cost of the Hyatt hotel (each week you pay helps alot to pay for the next week). Which makes it more comparable to Novotel's price

"9 points total per $1 spent for Hyatt stays and experiences including restaurants and spas. That's:

4 Bonus Points per $1 you spend with your card**
5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member

2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for getting around with local transit and commuting**

2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for dining out at restaurants, cafes and coffee shops**

2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for taking off with flights purchased directly from the airline**

2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for staying healthy with fitness club and gym memberships**

1 Bonus Point per $1 spent for wherever life takes you**"

I mean these are better bonus point multipliers than they look because if google says that each Hyatt point is worth about 2.8 cents, actually these multipliers are like double than what they look like

So it feels like depending on what you do, you can cover like 2000-4000 USD of the cost with Hyatt hotel credit card points.

At least in the USA, its also a good idea to get the charles schwab debit card because you'll need to get physical cash from the hospital ATM in Athens (ex: we pay for the Dr. Giotikas's arranged travel by cash now) and charles schwab will reimburse you for the ATM fees

I regret not getting the Hyatt credit card. Around the time, I got a different credit card that is not nearly as good (smaller bonus, worse point multipliers)

If you have any extra Hyatt credit card points after you finish, you can use them when you come back to Athens to do nail removal (say if you do gnail, Dr. Giotikas has a good price for nail removal, I believe he is significantly cheaper than Dr. Jean-March Guichet for nail removal)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 06:57:04 AM by SpeedDialer »

shortisnotfun

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2022, 06:20:25 AM »

I think if Hyatt isn't a realistic option, Novotel is the next best option. It's breakfast is alot better than Montaza's. It's not as nice as Hyatt but its still nicer than Montaza. There used to be alot at Montaza but there's just 2 now and more and more people are switching to Novotel instead

But actually I wonder-- is Novotel really the next best hotel option budget wise?

Hyatt I feel is significantly better in the colder months October-March because it has an indoor pool to train in. I visited each of the three and Hyatt is definitely the nicest/most luxurious, has a better pool than Novotel that is indoors, has a nice indoor jacuzzi, sauna

I sort of wonder how much of the Hyatt stay can be covered with credit card points alone. I know that some other patients used credit card points to cover alot of their stay

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/rewards/hyatt-credit-card.html

I can't get the Hyatt hotel card right now because the card is partnered with Chase and they have a rule that you can't have more than 5 new credit cards within 24 months (so I have to wait a bit, I grabbed a few other small credit card signup bonuses with those).

Looks like the Hyatt credit card has a 60000 point signup bonus. Google says each point is worth about 2.8 cents per point. So about 60000*2.8/100 = 1680 USD worth of the cost can be covered with the signup bonus. Also you get a free night after each year anniversary of owning the card which more than cancels out the annual fee.

"Already a Cardmember? Refer a friend and you can earn up to 25,000 Bonus Points per year for friends who get the card. Invite now."

I can't get the card now or participate--but if you guys refer each other, you can sort of all mutually get 25000*2.8/100= about 700 more USD towards the cost covered with points.

And then lets see, it looks it says you get 9 points per dollar spent on Hyatt hotels (5 of those from being a World of Hyatt member but I don't believe there is an annual fee or any difficult application for that), and if each point is about 2.8 cents its like.. 0.09*2.8= 0.252 or about 25% percent off the cost of the Hyatt hotel (each week you pay helps alot to pay for the next week). Which makes it more comparable to Novotel's price

"9 points total per $1 spent for Hyatt stays and experiences including restaurants and spas. That's:

4 Bonus Points per $1 you spend with your card**
5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member

2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for getting around with local transit and commuting**

2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for dining out at restaurants, cafes and coffee shops**

2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for taking off with flights purchased directly from the airline**

2 Bonus Points per $1 spent for staying healthy with fitness club and gym memberships**

1 Bonus Point per $1 spent for wherever life takes you**"

I mean these are better bonus point multipliers than they look because if google says that each Hyatt point is worth about 2.8 cents, actually these multipliers are like double than what they look like

So it feels like depending on what you do, you can cover like 2000-4000 USD of the cost covered with credit card points.

At least in the USA, its also a good idea to get the charles schwab debit card because you'll need to get physical cash from the hospital ATM in Athens (ex: we pay for the Dr. Giotikas's arranged travel by cash now) and charles schwab will reimburse you for the ATM fees

Holy   we have a credit card churner  ;D ;D
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

SpeedDialer

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2022, 05:57:01 PM »

Holy   we have a credit card churner  ;D ;D

Yeah pretty much. Aside from Hyatt's credit card, I think it might be good to get a second no foreign transaction fee credit card right before you go to Athens to grab yet another signup bonus. Another Athens patient suggested this to me. Plenty of cards of those types where you spend 1000 USD on stuff you woulda bought anyway and grab a 150-200 USD signup bonus.

You'll still have other expenses aside from Hyatt/hotels like ordering food from Wolt (food delivery app) and occasional Uber/Freenow app rides when Dr. Giotikas's arranged travel SUV cannot accomodate every single trip of every patient (ex: recently I paid an uber ride from the hospital back to the hotel because the arranged travel SUV was busy with other patients). Might as well get another signup bonus out of it if you are forced to pay for these things.

For food in Athens, you can eat pretty cheaply in Athens if you want to. Plenty of 0 to 1 Euro delivery fee options on the Wolt app. Common fruits and seeds are very cheap per unit. Can get a pretty filling gyro for 3.50 euros on Wolt and you can choose what they put in it on the app (though on the app you probably have to order two of them to meet the minimum amount for delivery).

When you come, use the Wolt app as soon as you can to get familiar with it -- don't get the overpriced and worse hotel food tbh unless you can't get out of bed from pain early on and want the hotel staff to bring the food to you in bed. At Montaza Hotel I know they don't put a lid on the hotel food as they bring it to you so the chances are high in colder months that the food will arrive cold / room temperature. So ya just use Wolt, pick a restaurant/store nearby and the delivery fee will be like 0-1 euros if its close, meet the delivery guy at the entrance with your wheelchair

Compared to other credit cards, I think that the Hyatt credit card has one of the best effective point multipliers for our purposes -- because their points are worth more than 1 cent and can be applied to hotel costs efficiently

Dr. Donghoon Lee in Korea put up several swimming pool exercise videos to help speed up the recovery and exercise muscles that you wouldn't use very often otherwise

These exercises are good to do in Hyatt's indoor swimming pool ('walking forwards' you'll already do at physio with the antigravity treadmill but check out the other exercises in this vids)

SpeedDialer

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2022, 05:08:35 PM »

Hyatt Hotel implemented a rule that if you are not staying at Hyatt Hotel, you have to pay 40 euros per visit to use their pool (ex: so if you are staying at a different hotel and then you come to Hyatt as a guest, you must pay 40 euros). So you cannot just be invited by a friend and use the pool for free.

So that's another pretty good reason to stay at Hyatt Hotel, especially in the colder months October-March. If you are staying at Hyatt Hotel, you can just use their elevator-accessible indoor pleasantly warm pool without worrying about paying the 40 euros

I think there is also an argument if you're using precise nails (femur precise, tibia precise, or quadrilateral precise) then access to a pool means you can get in alot more walking practice (in the water) than you would have otherwise since precise is not weight bearing

oldiebuttbaddie

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2022, 10:32:02 PM »

I would highly doubt that a Hyatt point is worth anywhere close to 2.8 cents. 

SpeedDialer

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2022, 08:54:01 AM »

I would highly doubt that a Hyatt point is worth anywhere close to 2.8 cents.

Yeah it seems nerdwallet's website's estimate of 2.8 just ended up as the first google result but then below it are a bunch of other lower estimates, my b

Seems like a big range of different estimates below from google:

What are Hyatt Points Worth? - NerdWallethttps://www.nerdwallet.com › Travel
Hyatt points are worth on average 2.8 cents each when redeemed for award stays. Sam Kemmis. By ...

https://frequentmiler.com › what-are-hyatt-points-worth
Dec 7, 2022 — Based on the latest analysis, the Hyatt Reasonable Redemption Value (RRV) has jumped to 2.1 cents per point (from 1.6 previously). That's a huge ...

How to calculate the value of Hyatt points | Million Mile Secretcraptps://millionmilesecrets.com › guides › hyatt-points-v...
Short and subjective answer: A typical Hyatt point is worth is 1.5 cents each (yes, it's possible to get way more from them). There are some downsides, too, ...

How much are Hyatt points worth? - CreditCards.comhttps://www.creditcards.com › card-advice › hyatt-point...
Oct 5, 2022 — Hyatt standard room rewards ; 1, 5,000, 2.2 cents ; 2, 8,000, 3.6 cents ; 3, 12,000, 2.9 cents ; 4, 15,000, 2 cents.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2022, 10:02:20 AM »

I apologize guys, I just found out today that Hyatt swimming pool is now selling a monthly pass for 200 euros per month (at the moment) so I'm gonna do that. I didn't know about it until this morning, it seems to be new. Since I'm at Montaza and Hyatt is just across the street, I'm just going to do this.

I'd recommend you do this if its not too late if you have gnail.

If you have gnail, you will be able to handle a non-handicap Montaza room after maybe 2 weeks (not including the hospital), not sure. The handicap rooms at Montaza are good physically but they are close to the loud club music. So I stayed in the hospital a few days, I moved to a Montaza handicap room for 2 weeks ish, then I moved to a non-handicap Montaza room for the better price/noise. If it's not too late, wanna do that and we'll ride together and share taxi costs from Montaza to Hyatt's swimming pool in early 2023 January/February? We can meet up with any Hyatt patients there when we go to Hyatt's swimming pool.

I say across the street, but its not really possible to go across two very big busy large streets on the wheelchair without a taxi. Google maps will show how big those two streets are in between the two hotels, almost like two highways cutting through in between the two hotels

I'll try to fix my other post in the other thread now
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 11:06:15 AM by SpeedDialer »

thankscience

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2022, 10:39:26 AM »

I apologize guys, I just found out today that Hyatt swimming pool is now selling a monthly pass for 200 euros per month (at the moment) so I'm gonna do that. I didn't know about it until this morning, it seems to be new. Since I'm at Montaza and Hyatt is just across the street, I'm just going to do this.

I'd recommend you do this if its not too late if you have gnail.

If you have gnail, you will be able to handle a non-handicap Montaza room after maybe 1.5-2 weeks, not sure. The handicap rooms at Montaza are good physically but they are close to the loud club music. If it's not too late, wanna do that and we'll ride together and share taxi costs from Montaza to Hyatt in early 2023 January/February? We can meet up with any Hyatt patients there when we go too
That sounds like a good deal. Do you find yourself swimming more or just walking in the pool?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2022, 11:14:45 AM »

That sounds like a good deal. Do you find yourself swimming more or just walking in the pool?

Hey man, I edited my post above to include more information

Personally, I find myself walking more in the pool than swimming. Personally, my hip flexors/hips feel a bit weak/strange during regular swimming but I am hoping to get stronger to avoid that soon. Regular swimming is good though if you can do it, I do it very briefly

I'd recommend taking it easy at first in the swimming pool, you still want energy left over for physio in the coming days. Take breaks, socialize, use the jacuzzi to relax, etc. I think during lengthening, the stretching in the pool is possibly better than the exercising, not exactly sure. Its really nice to stretch in the pool, ex: near a wall because the water sort of just holds your upper body up for you and you can hold onto the wall for more support

You will already practice walking forwards on the anti gravity treadmill machine at the physical therapy center. So maybe it would be better to try some other motions that are different than walking forward in the water (Donghoon Lee and the Korean LL youtube hydrotherapy vids)

For novotel patients, it might be better to use Novotel's outdoor pool or find a cheaper indoor pool near Novotel if its too cold outside during certain months

Montaza and Hyatt are very close to each other but because there are two large very busy roads in between them (youtube/google maps will give an idea of how large they are, its not practical to cross those two roads without a taxi, idk its maybe like ... more than 10 lanes of very fast moving cars/motorcycles in between?) , you still need a taxi to go from Hyatt<->Montaza

SpeedDialer

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2022, 05:11:08 PM »

I just got back from swimming at Hyatt, and I feel more convinced of this medium budget cold weather month gnail strategy --for people who don't want to pay for Novotel or Hyatt the whole time. For the colder months of colder months of November->March, this is a decent strategy:

-1. Make sure all your stuff can be moved in roller travel bags, don't have too much stuff

0. Pick g-nail for weight bearing ability

1. Stay in either Novotel or a handicap Montaza room at first after leaving the hospital

2. After 2-3 weeks depending on your progress, move to a Montaza non-handicap room to save money (gnail patients can handle this usually, especially if you buy a toilet seat riser, ask the nurses or the bicycle/handicap stuff company that contacts you early on)

3. Buy hyatt's monthly swimming pass (call to reserve a time then buy it when you come)

4. Then carpool taxi ride with other patients to Hyatt's indoor swimming pool strategy" for the colder months of November->March. Evidently in April it becomes warm again from what Greeks have told me. 

Basically, with this strategy, you pay alot less than Hyatt patients and you still get to experience alot of the luxury/premium experience of Hyatt and its jacuzzi/swimming pool/etc.

I think in the warmer months of April-October, a 100% novotel strategy is pretty good. Worst case scenario (where you can't handle their stairs to the outdoor pool) you just ask the hotel staff to physically lift your body up to the rooftop outdoor swimming pool

This Jan-Feb 2023 I'd love to carpool taxi ride with you guys from Montaza -> Hyatt's indoor pool to train together if you're down.

I might come back to Athens in November to do precise tibias and would also love to carpool taxi ride with some of you from Novotel -> Grand Hyatt's indoor swimming pool some time.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2022, 01:55:24 PM »

Hey one thing I have done with a Montaza patient before is splitting meals from the wolt food delivery app to save money

What I mean is this:

- some restaurants give huge portions you can't really finish by yourself easily -> this has resulted in patients just ending up throwing away food or having it go cold in their fridge (no microwave at montaza, not much room for one either)

Ex:
- two gyros for 7 euros is alot (you cannot order just one for 3.50 on wolt, have to order more), hard for one person to finish  -> better to split between two people
- one pizza is hard for one person to finish
- some chinese dishes (ex: beef and broccoli with onions) + rice on the side is alot of food, hard for one person to finish, better to split it between two people

So we have been doing this to cut down on food costs (the alternative is often throwing away some food or having it go cold). We just use cash (Euros) to split the costs. You can get cash from either hyatt's ATM (turn down its first offer of a bad exchange rate, accept the second implied offer) or the hospital ATM

Anyone wanna do this with me at Novotel late fall 2023/early 2024? I'm at Montaza now doing this with someone to cut down on food costs

eztic123

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2023, 07:04:48 AM »

Hey, are you getting the g-nail. How many procedures does Dr. Giotikas do on average per month from your observations.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2023, 03:46:48 PM »

deleted post

eztic123

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2023, 07:01:41 AM »

Updates?

oldiebuttbaddie

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2023, 01:49:05 PM »

My surgery is scheduled for 19th January.  For someone who generally has nerves of steel, I got to tell you--I'm pretty much a wreck.   

oldiebuttbaddie

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2023, 01:53:36 PM »

Hey, are you getting the g-nail. How many procedures does Dr. Giotikas do on average per month from your observations.

I asked him that and can't remember the exact number but it was pretty substantial.  He said that about 30% of his practice is cosmetic.  My impression of him based on my consultation and from my discussion with other people was wholly positive and that he seemed very professional.

OzBoy39

« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2023, 07:39:23 AM »

My surgery is scheduled for 19th January.  For someone who generally has nerves of steel, I got to tell you--I'm pretty much a wreck.

Mate, it may sound too easy, but seriously. Take it easy. Embrace the experience. Try to be in the moment as much as possible and remember the surgery is the easy part. You have got to do nothing. Maybe get something planned for after the surgery to concentrate your mind on while waiting.

And try to talk to the nurses there (there’s plenty of hot ones that I remember), get to know the surrounding and most of all, just relax. Most you have to do is to put a gown on and wait. Then you’ll be in the operating bed and they’ll put you to sleep.

I only had the time to have a couple of jokes with the anaesthesiologist and that’s all I remember.

Good luck in any case.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2023, 08:54:58 PM »

Deleted
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up