Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Athens Hyatt Hotel Swimming Pool January/February 2023 Visits  (Read 534 times)

SpeedDialer

Athens Hyatt Hotel Swimming Pool January/February 2023 Visits
« on: December 20, 2022, 05:16:53 PM »

Hey, I'm thinking of visiting the Athens Hyatt Hotel swimming pool at least once or twice a month in January/February on Saturdays or maybe Sundays. I heard that the current price is that they charge 40 dollars per visit unless you're staying at Hyatt Hotel.

Anyone coming to Athens around Jan/Feb and want to meet up at the Hyatt Hotel's indoor pool to train and hang out? We can also meet up with any patients who are staying at the Athens Hyatt Hotel around then

I'm also considering just moving to Hyatt Hotel some time in January/February to use the pool even more to recover faster
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 06:59:05 PM by SpeedDialer »

IceTrae38

Re: Athens Hyatt Hotel Swimming Pool January/February 2023 Visits
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 05:21:05 PM »

How much is Grand Hyatt for BJR patients? Do they give any discounts for longer stays?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 08:50:17 PM »

How much is Grand Hyatt for BJR patients? Do they give any discounts for longer stays?

PM'd you

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/greece/grand-hyatt-athens/athgh

athens.grand@hyatt.com

Hatch

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 10:19:59 PM »

PM'd you

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/greece/grand-hyatt-athens/athgh

athens.grand@hyatt.com

I also would like to know  :). Thx!

IceTrae38

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 11:24:14 PM »

Thanks! I got it

IceTrae38

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 11:25:15 PM »

Do the nurses only come to Montaza and Hyatt to help with clicking and not Novotel?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 10:01:21 AM »

I apologize guys, I just found out today that Hyatt swimming pool is now selling a monthly pass for 200 euros per month (at the moment) so I'm gonna do that. I didn't know about it until this morning, it seems to be new. Since I'm at Montaza and Hyatt is just across the street, I'm just going to do this.

I'd recommend you do this if its not too late if you have gnail.

If you have gnail, you will be able to handle a non-handicap Montaza room after maybe 2 weeks (not including the hospital), not sure. The handicap rooms at Montaza are good physically but they are close to the loud club music. So I stayed in the hospital a few days, I moved to a Montaza handicap room for 2 weeks ish, then I moved to a non-handicap Montaza room for the better price/noise. If it's not too late, wanna do that and we'll ride together and share taxi costs from Montaza to Hyatt's swimming pool in early 2023 January/February? We can meet up with any Hyatt patients there when we go to Hyatt's swimming pool.

I say across the street, but its not really possible to go across two very big busy large streets on the wheelchair without a taxi. Google maps will show how big those two streets are in between the two hotels, almost like two highways cutting through in between the two hotels

I'll try to fix my other post in the other thread now
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 11:05:20 AM by SpeedDialer »

SpeedDialer

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2022, 07:43:50 PM »

Do the nurses only come to Montaza and Hyatt to help with clicking and not Novotel?

I sent a PM but then realized I made a mistake in it and used up my 2 PM limit

pmuch the main issue is still that Montaza's non-handicap room is that you can't fit the wheelchair inside it, (can try to turn wheelchair into the door but the bed blocks you) which is not true of any other room type or the other hotels

If montaza doesn't have a handicap room available in the 4 days after you leave the hospital, there's a few things you can do:

- can ask Evi/nurses to come help you a bunch and ask if you can go straight to Montaza's non-handicap room for a few days. I think with enough help from them it can work for just 4 days, but double check if they allow this. I think someone has done this before but I'm not sure. Might be good to keep your phone in a fanny pack on you when you leave your bed to call for help if anything goes awry

- could go to novotel for a few days (either their handicap room and its built in shower chair or their non-handicap room with your own shower chair) and then move to montaza to save money. At Novotel in both handicap and nonhandicap rooms, the wheelchair can get inside the bathroom. This is not really a big deal with gnail after a few weeks, but its kind of nice the first two weeks or so. If you stayed at Novotel for just 4 days, might be good to go to a montaza handicap room first and then eventually move to a montaza non-handicap room to save money. Novotel two weeks then Montaza non-handicap room is also an option.

- technically, if someone wants to minimize the problems of showering/falling (I know several people who have fallen down), they could cut their hair short to decrease the issue of washing their hair, and use cleaning wipes in bed to clean themselves until they can get to the shower on their own. The issue in Montaza non-handicap rooms is that the shower space is very tight so its a bit awkward to get inside without use of crutches (which you may or may not be able to use after leaving the hospital, some people are)

anyway man I hope to see you at Montaza hotel eventually, the montaza non-handicap room is the cheapest hotel option --I find that with gnail is totally fine. Its also nice that the hyatt indoor swimming pool is a short few minute taxi ride away from montaza -- and hyatt swimming pool started offering 30 day passes for 200 euros for now
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 08:16:52 PM by SpeedDialer »

SpeedDialer

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2022, 08:21:30 PM »

I have heard that they will help Novotel patients out with visits at the start

SpeedDialer

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2022, 09:47:13 PM »

So basically I'm suggesting for Jan/Feb 2023 is this:

1. Live at Montaza in Jan/Feb 2023 to save money

2. Buy a Hyatt Hotel (I know it is a different hotel than Montaza, but I actually mean it) swimming pool monthly pass (it is only 200 euros for 30 days as of dec 2022, could be more by the time you read this)

3. Let's share uber costs and carpool to get to Hyatt's swimming pool together. So a trip from Montaza -> Hyatt and back. If we split the taxi costs, this plan is pretty reasonable and affordable.

Obviously if you're doing LL during warmer months (April->October in Athens are warm) this does not really apply to you since you can just live at Novotel + use Novotel's outdoor pool

The only thing is that each individual person might have to remember to schedule the Hyatt swimming pool time reservation on their own by calling on your phone or telling Hyatt in person--- I don't believe that individual non hyatt guests are able to reserve/block out several bed spaces to accomodate multiple people at once but I could be wrong. The easy solution to this is we just meet up at the Hyatt swimming pool desk after each swim and tell them as a group our next planned time and how many people to reserve pool bed seats for next time

One thing I'll say though for using the ridesharing apps: since hyatt and montaza are on opposite sides of a two big highway lanes, sometimes the GPS will mess up and tell the driver to do nonsensical things like "go from hyatt to hyatt for 5 euros." One driver complained to me about this. And it will override your correctly typed in starting address and the driver will go the wrong way --and then he will get frustrated and cancel your ride. The solution is simple: type in the correct starting address but then also forcibly fix (move with your finger on the phone) the pinpoint on the map where the app thinks you are. If you don't, the app will sometimes override your correctly typed in starting address with a wrong address.
Pages: [1]   Go Up