Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Late fall 2023->early 2024 Novotel Athens patients  (Read 251 times)

SpeedDialer

Late fall 2023->early 2024 Novotel Athens patients
« on: December 27, 2022, 07:57:02 PM »

I do indeed mean fall 2023, so like 9+ months after I am posting this

November should be warm enough alot of the days to use the outdoor Novotel swimming pool and I heard you can ask the Novotel staff to lift you up to the rooftop swimming pool (say if you don't have a weight bearing nail ). The elevator does not reach there.

But December-March will be probably too cold outdoors. Novotel doesn't have an indoor swimming pool.

The area around Novotel looks a bit run down and not that safe to me tbh. There's a nice cafe nearby with cheap pizza though. But the Hyatt swimming pool where some other patients are looks very safe, has some nice lockers to keep your stuff safe, very luxurious, has a nice jacuzzi. There might be some safe indoor swimming pools in the Novotel's area with some nice lockers, not sure.

One option I thought of was this for swimming pool usage for Novotel patients in the colder months was:

- Each person interested at Novotel could buy a monthly pass for the Hyatt Hotel (yah I know its a different hotel not close to Novotel but hear me out) Hyatt Hotel swimming pool, as of dec 2022 it is 200 euros per month

- We could carpool by taxi (uber) to go from Novotel to Hyatt for swimming practice and share the taxi costs + socialize with the Hyatt patients

Anyone down for this? The main advantage of novotel is its cheaper than hyatt but you can also (like Hyatt) still fit the wheelchair into the bathroom of even the non-handicap rooms.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 08:32:14 PM by SpeedDialer »

SpeedDialer

Re: Late fall 2023->early 2024 Novotel Athens patients
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 09:35:25 PM »

So basically I'm suggesting this for colder months next fall:

1. Live at novotel late fall 2023 / january-feb 2024

2. Buy a Hyatt Hotel (I know it is a different hotel than Novotel, but I actually mean it) swimming pool monthly pass (it is only 200 euros for 30 days as of dec 2022, could be more by the time you read this)

3. Let's share uber costs and carpool to get to Hyatt's swimming pool together. So a trip from Novotel -> Hyatt and back. If we split the taxi costs, this plan is pretty reasonable and affordable. I think technically the ridesharing app called "FreeNow" (formerly taxibeat or beat) might be faster to find a taxi in the Novotel area from my past experience

Obviously if you're doing LL during warmer months (April->October in Athens are warm) this does not really apply to you since you can just live at Novotel + use Novotel's outdoor pool

The only thing is that each individual person might have to remember to schedule the Hyatt swimming pool time reservation on their own by calling on your phone or telling Hyatt in person--- I don't believe that individual non hyatt guests are able to reserve/block out several bed spaces to accomodate multiple people at once but I could be wrong. The easy solution to this is we just meet up at the Hyatt swimming pool desk after each swim and tell them as a group our next planned time and how many people to reserve pool bed seats for

SpeedDialer

Re: Late fall 2023->early 2024 Novotel Athens patients
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 01:54:19 PM »

Hey one thing I have done with a Montaza patient before is splitting meals from the wolt food delivery app to save money

What I mean is this:

- some restaurants give huge portions you can't really finish by yourself easily -> this has resulted in patients just ending up throwing away food or having it go cold in their fridge (no microwave at montaza, not much room for one either)

Ex:
- two gyros for 7 euros is alot (you cannot order just one for 3.50 on wolt, have to order more), hard for one person to finish  -> better to split between two poeple
- one pizza is hard for one person to finish
- some chinese dishes (ex: beef and broccoli with onions) + rice on the side is alot of food, hard for one person to finish, better to split it between two people

So we have been doing this to cut down on food costs (the alternative is often throwing away some food or having it go cold). We just use cash (Euros) to split the costs. You can get cash from either hyatt's ATM (turn down its first offer for a bad exchange rate, accept the second implied offer) or the hospital ATM

Anyone wanna do this with me at Novotel late fall 2023/early 2024? I'm at Montaza now doing this with someone to cut down on food costs
Pages: [1]   Go Up