Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Less variations in genes, more likely to produce bad next generations, why?  (Read 730 times)

Quintet

I ask this question because I've already seen many Eugenic theories on this forum like short people should stop reproducing, other people with other bad traits should, but I read somewhere that Eugenics is actually a nonscientific compressed bull  because it does not take into account the importance of variations in genes and the less variations in genes the more likely to produce bad next generations instead for example the 'weird' babies as results of inbreeding.

So I am just wondering why less genetic variations will cause higher probabilities of inbreeding tragedies.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

You can come back but you still have to use the same name.  Your Sorcerer account is unbanned now.

oklama

I ask this question because I've already seen many Eugenic theories on this forum like short people should stop reproducing, other people with other bad traits should, but I read somewhere that Eugenics is actually a nonscientific compressed bull  because it does not take into account the importance of variations in genes and the less variations in genes the more likely to produce bad next generations instead for example the 'weird' babies as results of inbreeding.

So I am just wondering why less genetic variations will cause higher probabilities of inbreeding tragedies.

if we are doing purely ,like building a video game character type of eugenics, tall people should breed less because short people live longer, and face no functional disadvantage, our disadvantages are only social. if everyone was shorter everything would require less materials, less food, e.t.c. there is only disadvantages to being bigger ( this is why humans top out at like 7ft and not 15ft). if social disadvantages were gone I wouldn't give a fk about being short
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!

You can come back but you still have to use the same name.  Your Sorcerer account is unbanned now.
Yeah thank you MDOW.
I have already achieved good therapy and focused on other things except height. Now I even don't consider LL.

Werewolf

I have already achieved good therapy and focused on other things except height. Now I even don't consider LL.
I wish everyone was like you. Keep going like that ! I'm happy for you, you did the hard thing.
List of I fked :)
@Bukibuki - @Kanye Western - @DanishViking - @shortisnotfun - @EndGame - @ballsackoffury123

oklama

if short people stopped producing short people would still exist its just that short would be 5'8 instead of 5'6 now.

there is seriously no fix to this issue besides either making technology so everyone can be the same height
or
a change in culture that de-empahsizes height, it is possible, there are cultures where short men are of higher value ( I think in Africa) now this is also bad but we need equality

honestly I think the first option would be more likely to happen.

if we are going the eugenics route, tall people should stop producing because there are zero advantages in the modern day to bigger bodies. of course this a ridiculous belief to hold and I don't believe they should as it really doesn't matter, but short genes are actually good genes when you remove the social aspects.
19 yrs old

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!

if short people stopped producing short people would still exist its just that short would be 5'8 instead of 5'6 now.

there is seriously no fix to this issue besides either making technology so everyone can be the same height
or
a change in culture that de-empahsizes height, it is possible, there are cultures where short men are of higher value ( I think in Africa) now this is also bad but we need equality

honestly I think the first option would be more likely to happen.

if we are going the eugenics route, tall people should stop producing because there are zero advantages in the modern day to bigger bodies. of course this a ridiculous belief to hold and I don't believe they should as it really doesn't matter, but short genes are actually good genes when you remove the social aspects.
I don't think tall genes have zero biological advantages, the reason why society is gravitated to tall genes is just because they have advantages in biology. But indeed I heard that in the evolutionary review, creatures will become smaller and smaller as evolves to increase survability, but I don't think that applies to human because human is very special——They have the intelligence to survive any catastrophe, not like animals.

In all fairness I think the first option is indeed more likely to happen but the same height is impossible. I'd rather believe as the technology of height increasing the value of being height will subside. Think about it if everyone can get taller arbitrarily, the value of height for sure will decrease. People like persistent beauty. So the first option will realize what you say in the second option.

oklama

I don't think tall genes have zero biological advantages, the reason why society is gravitated to tall genes is just because they have advantages in biology. But indeed I heard that in the evolutionary review, creatures will become smaller and smaller as evolves to increase survability, but I don't think that applies to human because human is very special——They have the intelligence to survive any catastrophe, not like animals.

In all fairness I think the first option is indeed more likely to happen but the same height is impossible. I'd rather believe as the technology of height increasing the value of being height will subside. Think about it if everyone can get taller arbitrarily, the value of height for sure will decrease. People like persistent beauty. So the first option will realize what you say in the second option.

on the first point, there is an advantage to being taller/bigger is a major advantage in a pre-industrial society, but now we have machines that makes that totally irrelvent.

on the second thing good point
19 yrs old

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine

gene surgery is unethical; but would likely improve the “next generation” by ensuring we’re afflicted much less by disease with a genetic component. Much like arteriovenous malformations.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up