Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it just a Chinese thing or not only just Chinese  (Read 1727 times)

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
Is it just a Chinese thing or not only just Chinese
« on: February 17, 2023, 09:28:47 PM »

I've seen many craps like how 00s kids are 10cm taller than 90s counterparts and then 05s are 10cm taller than 00s. We are fking apes not funguses. If so what about 10s, 20s??

Well I am not saying this crap is totally nonsensical. They said that in behave of Chinese whose average height is indeed growing rapidly(compared to West which is constituted by many many countries which have already stopped growing) so it can indeed make some sense, but I'd say this crap is not exclusively just a Chinese thing. Many westerners including some incels on this forum are also pushing bs like how tall nowadays the zoomers are, in addition to elucidating that is because many women stop reproducing with men under 6'3.(I hope mods can do something to this kind of incel ideology...)

But the truth is, according to the statistics, many west countries, particularly America whose average stops growing instead starts to decline, have stopped growing, only very a few countries are still growing and even if so they are growing very slowly, 5x slower than China, so I really wonder how they concluded the new generations were growing so fast.

GrowTow

Re: Is it just a Chinese thing or not only just Chinese
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 10:17:56 PM »

I think more realistic for the western world would be 1 inch increase each generation.

A lot of countries have had a great improvement in diet yet don't compare to the rate Eastern Asia's height has started to increase. I know quite a few Vietnamese families here in the UK where the parents are not even 5ft, 5'3 at most but their kids have all grown to be 5'8-5'10. I guess people from this region just always had this gene to unlock.

Other countries like parts of India, Philippines also had an improvement in diet yet haven't grown as much.

And lastly, yes this forum is indeed infested by incels.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Sorcerer

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 11:18:14 PM »

I think more realistic for the western world would be 1 inch increase each generation.

A lot of countries have had a great improvement in diet yet don't compare to the rate Eastern Asia's height has started to increase. I know quite a few Vietnamese families here in the UK where the parents are not even 5ft, 5'3 at most but their kids have all grown to be 5'8-5'10. I guess people from this region just always had this gene to unlock.

Other countries like parts of India, Philippines also had an improvement in diet yet haven't grown as much.

And lastly, yes this forum is indeed infested by incels.
Weird. My mother is a villager and my father is Shanghaiese, who are 158 and 162 tall respectively but I am only 162cm tall. I was nurtured well so I don't think there are other ways that can explain this away except genes. I think I inheritted my grandma's genes. Both of my grandmas are like 143-146cm or so tall. 

oklama

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 12:37:06 AM »

the thing that women won't reproduce with men who are under 6'3 thing is fking stupid to think if you've ever been outside, or know basic math. From what I can tell in real life height isn't thaaaat important after you get somewhere in the 5'8-5'10 range however im not sure where exactly.
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 06:08:05 PM »

the thing that women won't reproduce with men who are under 6'3 thing is fking stupid to think if you've ever been outside, or know basic math. From what I can tell in real life height isn't thaaaat important after you get somewhere in the 5'8-5'10 range however im not sure where exactly.

One’s ability to sway public policy and perpetuate your 🧬 is vastly more important than the scale of the body that houses aforementioned prediction machine. But perhaps this statement is naive.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2023, 09:33:48 PM »

网上的人爱吹牛逼,有时候吹夸张了,但是年轻一代身高快速增长我觉得是事实🥺。之前柳叶刀推测中国19岁年轻人平均身高175的时候我也先震惊了一下,后面就算了算我们班男同学的平均身高,发现正好是175cm。但即便如此中国人身高的方差非常小,所以高过180的人并不多。

Sorcerer

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2023, 12:41:11 PM »

网上的人爱吹牛逼,有时候吹夸张了,但是年轻一代身高快速增长我觉得是事实🥺。之前柳叶刀推测中国19岁年轻人平均身高175的时候我也先震惊了一下,后面就算了算我们班男同学的平均身高,发现正好是175cm。但即便如此中国人身高的方差非常小,所以高过180的人并不多。
Not pertinent to this topic, but I think to let others understand what you are saying, it's better to say it in English.
Firstly, only one class has very large 'Standard Error' since the sample size is small, not to mention the sample you collected has other issues that you forgot to account for like major(if you are studying in a uni), the kind of your school, educational quality of your school, age and region.

There is a Chinese anthropometric journal named 中国学生体质调研, aka The Health Study of Chinese Student, which gives the data of Chinese student's average height accounting for all of the factors that need to be accounted for, subsuming major, school etc.. The average height measured by it is close to 173cm. You can say this is lower than the average height of your class but no one said you could not have a class whose average height is 175cm in a country with an average height of 173cm.

There are also other excellent data that can prove it and prove the validity of the data of The Health Study of Chinese student.

Speaking of which, 173cm is really a legit average height in China, and even if you are living in the Northern China it will be just slightly below average there. If someone felt inferior at this height, clearly he has other issues except height, like Cognitive Dissonance. Just too many people are either humble bragging or inflating their heights. Like 70% of people will be surprised if they measure their heights in a rigorous enough way.

Well you have to know that, European countries 'only' have 178-183cm or so average heights and there are still tons of men under 175cm or even 170cm. You can say the youngest generation of China is tall relative to the old generations but they are still way shorter than Europeans. It's infatuous to bluff their average height as tall as or even taller than them, as having been seen for millions of times on the Internet.

Sorcerer

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2023, 12:43:08 PM »

PS: The Lancet also estimated the average height of China's 00s to be 173cm or so which was pretty in line with the data of The Health Study, but it's interesting for it to be ignored by everyone in China.

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2023, 03:03:48 AM »

Well, my English is very poor 😂 I don't think it makes sense to get tangled up in what the average height is, everyone has different feelings about height. Follow your own ideas and don't be swayed by people online.       

AlmostSix

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2023, 04:09:35 PM »

The reason Asians are getting taller so quickly is because they finally have proper nutrition. For centuries all those countries had very little meat and basically no dairy.
all i want is to be a solid 183. currently closer to 182 at the end of the day.

we.live.once

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2023, 04:16:40 PM »

The reason Asians are getting taller so quickly is because they finally have proper nutrition. For centuries all those countries had very little meat and basically no dairy.
agree
from 185 to 190
Pages: [1]   Go Up