Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Barinov (Volgograd, Russia) Limb Lengthening (Incomplete)  (Read 15531 times)

ItsMyLife

Dr Barinov (Volgograd, Russia) Limb Lengthening (Incomplete)
« on: August 15, 2014, 06:21:50 PM »

SO I've booked my air ticket and my visa is being prepared. I will do 6-7 cm lengthening with Dr Barinov in Volgograd.
Its my time to give back to this forum..
I have a few questions:
a) Would Dr Barinov advise release surgery since I am doing 6-7cm to avoid ballerina feet?
b) Where can I buy footholders?
c) I heard of a condition whereby footholders are used too much experienced by a forummer but apparently it turned out to be some muscle issue, not related to the footholder. So over-use of footholders is OK?
d) I am flying to Russia and will reach Moscow on 6 December, 11.20 PM. Then, I intend to take a train to Volgograd. How much will this cost approximately? And where can I get the schedules and fees?

I've been playing Bon Jovi's Its my life, so many times. Its really an inspirational piece! And I will ask Dr Barinov to play it during surgery :D
Thanks!!

Re: Dr Barinov (Volgograd, Russia) Limb Lengthening (Incomplete)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 07:53:16 PM »

SO I've booked my air ticket and my visa is being prepared. I will do 6-7 cm lengthening with Dr Barinov in Volgograd.
I have a few questions:
a) Would Dr Barinov advise release surgery since I am doing 6-7cm to avoid ballerina feet?
c) I heard of a condition whereby footholders are used too much experienced by a forummer but apparently it turned out to be some muscle issue, not related to the footholder. So over-use of footholders is OK?
d) I am flying to Russia and will reach Moscow on 6 December, 11.20 PM. Then, I intend to take a train to Volgograd. How much will this cost approximately? And where can I get the schedules and fees?

I've been playing Bon Jovi's Its my life, so many times. Its really an inspirational piece! And I will ask Dr Barinov to play it during surgery :D
Thanks!!

a) He won't advise it because it is not needed if you do enough PT.
b+c) I don't know where you can buy those, but they are not needed and as you said they can cause problems because you have permanent pressure on your muscles which can cause damage to them. Doing 10-20 min stretching per day is enough.
d) Can't help you with this.

Good luck!

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 07:03:24 AM »

Dont you usually get picked up at the airport by the person who helps you with the visa?

G-Man

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 10:10:33 PM »

I have a few questions:

Thanks!!

Good luck on your LL and thanks for sharing!
Shouldn't you ask the clinic for all these questions?

ItsMyLife

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »

I have decided to lengthen my FEMURS instead of TIBIA because if I lengthen my tibia by 6-7 cm I will have the same length of femur and tibia which is awkward.

My question is:

1) can externals lengthen femur by 6-7 cm?
2) what is the pros and cons of tibia vs femur? I heard femur is more painful due to more muscles? Is it more risky?
3) What is the butt problem that femur patients get and how to avoid it or correct it?
4) Does Dr Barinov and Bagirov (one in Moscow and the other in Volgograd) do EXTERNAL femur lengthening?

Both doctors in Russia have not replied me yet.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »

I have decided to lengthen my FEMURS instead of TIBIA because if I lengthen my tibia by 6-7 cm I will have the same length of femur and tibia which is awkward.

My question is:

1) can externals lengthen femur by 6-7 cm?
2) what is the pros and cons of tibia vs femur? I heard femur is more painful due to more muscles? Is it more risky?
3) What is the butt problem that femur patients get and how to avoid it or correct it?
4) Does Dr Barinov and Bagirov (one in Moscow and the other in Volgograd) do EXTERNAL femur lengthening?

Both doctors in Russia have not replied me yet.

Don't do external femurs. That's an horrible idea.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 04:31:58 PM »

exclide is doing external femurs and seems to be doing okay, but he's doing it with Ilizarovs rather than monorails.  The people I've met who did external femurs (Jungle and Mummy) and complained of excruciating pain were both lengthening with monorails.

The Beijing Institute says 5cm is their usual limit on lengthening femurs externally, and if the patient reaches 5cm and is doing really well, they allow you to go beyond 5cm.  I don't know about other doctors' policies on external femurs.

In the end, femurs and tibiae are probably about the same.  Tibia gives you high knees, femur gives you low knees.  Duck ass (from doing femurs) and ballerina foot (from doing tibiae) are the result of having tendons that haven't stretched out enough to match the new length of your bones.  They'll both go away with walking eventually, but some people do physical therapy to make recovery go even faster.

TRS

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 04:41:45 PM »

exclide is doing external femurs and seems to be doing okay, but he's doing it with Ilizarovs rather than monorails.  The people I've met who did external femurs (Jungle and Mummy) and complained of excruciating pain were both lengthening with monorails.

The Beijing Institute says 5cm is their usual limit on lengthening femurs externally, and if the patient reaches 5cm and is doing really well, they allow you to go beyond 5cm.  I don't know about other doctors' policies on external femurs.

In the end, femurs and tibiae are probably about the same.  Tibia gives you high knees, femur gives you low knees.  Duck ass (from doing femurs) and ballerina foot (from doing tibiae) are the result of having tendons that haven't stretched out enough to match the new length of your bones.  They'll both go away with walking eventually, but some people do physical therapy to make recovery go even faster.
It' interesting that Dr.Kocaoglu in Istanbul reckons that LON in femurs is easier than LON in tibias. Maybe it's the surgery that's easier because only the femur needs to be fixated while both the tibias and fibula needs to be fixated on the lower leg. But in terms patient experience, I guess it will be much more painful to have the fixator on the thighs. With regards to the monorails, I remember Disobedient mention that the monorails on her tibias were much more painful than the monorails on her femurs.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 02:10:57 AM »

THX all for ur comments.

How can I prevent Duck Ass if I do femurs? Does PT help? Also, should I avoid training up my thigh muscles since I am doing the surgery in Dec? Any stretches to help pre-surgery??

Why did both docs not reply? Do they even do femur externals? (Illizarov)

I might consider the St Petersburg doctor now... Does he routinely do femurs?

Taller

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 04:32:55 AM »

Dr. Barinov does do external femurs well. However, he is known for poor communication via email with prospective patients. If he hasn't responded, try again. That way he'll know you're serious.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 08:12:37 AM »

Ah I see, Irene (his manager) did not reply for so many days :(

I need to know more information about the femur process. Do both doctors have limits for how much we can lengthen our femurs?

The problem I have is that if I grow 6 cm ++ on my tibia, my tibia and femur would be the same length :(

Morgenst.

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 08:21:46 AM »

Ah I see, Irene (his manager) did not reply for so many days :(

I need to know more information about the femur process. Do both doctors have limits for how much we can lengthen our femurs?

The problem I have is that if I grow 6 cm ++ on my tibia, my tibia and femur would be the same length :(

I have this same problem.. I don't really care for two surgeries due to the money and inconvenience it'd cost but I've read some people say if your tibias and femurs are same length it can cause  trouble with balance and other things which isn't something I'd be too keen one having

ItsMyLife

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 10:37:34 AM »

Irene (Dr Barinov assistant) says its more dangerous to do femur? I wonder why??

And said I need 6 months in Russia?!

crimsontide

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 10:51:31 PM »

because russian drs are very conservative....  getting a release is something id recommend...

and it is not true that pt will resolve all cases of contracture.... my case would never have been fixed without surgery.... so it depends on the situation....

abo

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 02:30:09 PM »

What about this clinic? is it good?! how about the after you have gain lenght? will you be able doing sports etc?

Growing from 180,5/181cm to 188cm is it possible?! 188is the ideal lenght! well 187cm could do also! but somone that have experiance in this?!

Alittletooshort

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 02:57:36 PM »

What about this clinic? is it good?! how about the after you have gain lenght? will you be able doing sports etc?

Growing from 180,5/181cm to 188cm is it possible?! 188is the ideal lenght! well 187cm could do also! but somone that have experiance in this?!
Depends wether you do it on your femurs or tibias, assuming you posted this at Dr. Barinov´s thread you want to do this on your tibias.
From what you can read here, it seems possible, however if you do it with externals you can expect to wear them for 1 1/2 to 2 years.
 Btw I don´t have any personal experience yet, I just repeated the stuff that you can read here.

abo

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 03:09:21 PM »

Depends wether you do it on your femurs or tibias, assuming you posted this at Dr. Barinov´s thread you want to do this on your tibias.
From what you can read here, it seems possible, however if you do it with externals you can expect to wear them for 1 1/2 to 2 years.
 Btw I don´t have any personal experience yet, I just repeated the stuff that you can read here.

Yeah Tibia = Shinbone right?

Anyway have read that you wont be able to do sports after this operation is that true :/?! because it would suck really hard! if i couldent do MMA after it.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 03:40:29 PM »

You will probably not be able to do it on your previous level. It highly depends on your goal, 5cm´s seems to be the turning point. If you stay below this, chances for a more or less complete recovery are much higher. Don´t go for 8cm´s on your tibias if you want to keep practicing sports on a high level.

abo

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 03:49:19 PM »

You will probably not be able to do it on your previous level. It highly depends on your goal, 5cm´s seems to be the turning point. If you stay below this, chances for a more or less complete recovery are much higher. Don´t go for 8cm´s on your tibias if you want to keep practicing sports on a high level.

It will more be like 7cm or 7,5cm :/! but 6cm incress could be okay?

so i can be 185/186cm without any differences?! in this?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 04:16:31 PM »

Just read some diaries to get an idea how this process is going to be.

abo

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 04:33:04 PM »

Just read some diaries to get an idea how this process is going to be.

Have done so, and ppl tell's different storrys :/, and on there website they say ppl doing sports at high lvl after this surgery

Edit: after reading around here! dose it look like 5-6cm is the safe spot! to do it! and wth to be 186,5-187cm is not to bad:)! without risking my ability to do sports!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:50:40 PM by abo »

Alittletooshort

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »

Have done so, and ppl tell's different storrys :/, and on there website they say ppl doing sports at high lvl after this surgery

Edit: after reading around here! dose it look like 5-6cm is the safe spot! to do it! and wth to be 186,5-187cm is not to bad:)! without risking my ability to do sports!
You'll find out during the process, every body reacts differenrly, some take it well others don't.
My goal is between 4-6 cm's, more seems to risky in my opionion. For me everything above 183 is ok.

abo

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 06:20:17 PM »

You'll find out during the process, every body reacts differenrly, some take it well others don't.
My goal is between 4-6 cm's, more seems to risky in my opionion. For me everything above 183 is ok.

Yeah! i don't wanna losse my athletich ability! tbh! so i think ill go with 6cm! when the time is in and i have saved the cash i need :)! i mean there is not really that much differences between 186,5/187cm to my ideal length 188cm!

Hate that im only 181cm or 180,5 depending how hard i have work out the day and how good sleep i have had!:/ but W/E! 186,5/187 is gonna be a nice length :)!

but how dose the operation work if you doing it in two steps?! like doing it 6cm the first time! save money and doing it a second time and achive 1cm? maybe not work?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 07:25:11 PM »

Your height isn't bad at all, you are average or above in most western countries.
Nah mate, you won't do this operation for 1cm, everyone says you'll suffer extreme pain, it's not worth for 1 cm.
You can't always get everything, 185 is a very decent height, don't compromise your atheletic ablility for a single cm. Lifts might be helpful in this case.

abo

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 07:30:24 PM »

Your height isn't bad at all, you are average or above in most western countries.
Nah mate, you won't do this operation for 1cm, everyone says you'll suffer extreme pain, it's not worth for 1 cm.
You can't always get everything, 185 is a very decent height, don't compromise your atheletic ablility for a single cm. Lifts might be helpful in this case.

Yeah you are right :)! well like i said 186,5/187cm wont be bad at all :)!

So when are you gonna do your high?!

Thank you for your inputs!

But your right 5cm will do perfect then i wont bother so much with not full recovering and be 100% arter the LL when doing sport.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:13:45 PM by abo »

endomorphisme

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 09:44:47 PM »

i don't understand abo, you said you only want to gain one centimeter?Then you should try stretching or lifts.Seems 180-184 cm is the bermuda triangle of height lol ;)
But if you want to be 187 cm, then go for tibias

abo

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 04:14:28 AM »

i don't understand abo, you said you only want to gain one centimeter?Then you should try stretching or lifts.Seems 180-184 cm is the bermuda triangle of height lol ;)
But if you want to be 187 cm, then go for tibias

Na i dont want loss my abilitys to do sports so i guess 5cm is enough? Or maybe it is to much?

Is this operation comparable to this injury? or is it differences since then there shoulden be any problem to full recover after this!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 04:36:53 AM by abo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up